More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 14:15:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Children of the Wolves
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Children of the Wolves  (Read 11617 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Re: Children of the Wolves
« Reply #25 on: 2006 December 08, 07:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I considered trying to do a scaling mod for lifespan like that, but then realized that A: Sims would effectively live forever, and B: Everything would become more trivially easy than before.

Yes/no...I play a strict rotation and it seems to work fairly well so far. "So far", of course, is the weasel-word. I can see a time when I won't care much about certain families, and I realize that unplayed is forever young from the perspective of the neighbourhood, but I am already working toward that day. I am making sure that my current crop of townies are ageing along with my playables. I have all the no regen corrections installed, and when I have sims that just don't interest me enough that I want to play them, I plan on sending them off to become new townies and live their own untrammelled little imaginary lives.

In the meantime, I do have to work at not making things too easy--hence my draconian standards on skilling and my use of syberspunk's excellent harder, harder grades hack. It's a slow process, but I'm also altering all the careers and installing many more--dead end jobs that never pay well, and desirable jobs with glass ceilings that my sims will only be able to shatter through 2-5% chance cards, with neutral, bad, bad, good results.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 December 08, 17:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I drill them on either the Lie Detector, the Punch Bag, the Obstacle Course, or the Cleaning Gun to max out one of those skills. Then as their energy runs out, I switch them over to the Medical Dummy or the cooking machine, since neither one has a motive abort or permits the Sim to go to sleep during training...
* J. M. Pescado cracks whip.

Mercy is for wimps.

Gee, my Sims insist on skillinating on ANY item that aren't these objects (except the cleaning gun, they like that one). How are you getting them to use these? Is it because you don't allow any other objects on the lot that can perform the same functions? I've had stupid Sims start working out to the radio rather than choose the punching bag or obstacle course.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 December 08, 19:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have an instructor available?  Macrotastics will always send the kid to a career reward if there's an instructor.

Last night, I had a carry-over glitch where the child got the instructor bonus stuck on top of the smart-milk.  I had macrotastics slide him over to another skill automatically and the instructor boost came with him, but without the instructor. Huh Weird.  Only lasted until he went off to make friends with his cousin, though.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 December 08, 19:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty lax about career rewards. Half the time I forget to collect them.

I try to rotate the family I play, but I often don't suceed. But my legacy spares don't live forever, although they end up living longer then thei heir siblings.

Also like to move in townies to keep the townie pool rotating and changing. Otherwise you end up with old "Girl has first kiss with the same teen townie that her great-great grandmother had her first kiss with" which is kinda, creepy.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 December 08, 21:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just cleanse the pool of all non-adult townies. Damn kids.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 December 08, 22:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I drill them on either the Lie Detector, the Punch Bag, the Obstacle Course, or the Cleaning Gun to max out one of those skills. Then as their energy runs out, I switch them over to the Medical Dummy or the cooking machine, since neither one has a motive abort or permits the Sim to go to sleep during training...
* J. M. Pescado cracks whip.

Mercy is for wimps.

Gee, my Sims insist on skillinating on ANY item that aren't these objects (except the cleaning gun, they like that one). How are you getting them to use these? Is it because you don't allow any other objects on the lot that can perform the same functions? I've had stupid Sims start working out to the radio rather than choose the punching bag or obstacle course.

Mine like to do Yoga in the street.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: