More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:08:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB glitch (no UserInterface)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB glitch (no UserInterface)  (Read 4941 times)
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
OFB glitch (no UserInterface)
« on: 2006 March 05, 18:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having an OFB glitch that's somehow related to mods, I guess. I was trying to move a sim that I'd moved out from his family sometime ago into his own lot. The first 2 times I tried, the game stalled on the loading screen, as if I had a bad career in my downloads (which I don't - other lots load fine). So then I had the idea of turning on debug mode before moving him in, and voila, I got a error message from the Triplets & Quads mod. I've attached it.

When the error message came up, I hit 'reset' (er. I think). After that, the lot loaded, but there was no UserInterface at all. I could click on things on the lot, I could direct the sim to go/run somewhere, I could interact with the paperboy when he arrived, but I had no way to get the UI, and also, all keyboard commands didn't work. The only way to exit was the click on the Sims2 in the taskbar (I play in windowd mode), and select 'Exit' there, when I did that, I got the "do you want to save before exiting the game" message. I saved.

I did, however, manage to replicate the error, this time in another neighborhood, with a newly created CAS sim. Not only that, but I also got an error message when exiting CAS mode! After that, I couldn't do anything in the neighborhood - I couldn't reenter CAS, couldn't move anyone into a house, anything - no matter where I clicked, it was as if my mouse wasn't working (I think I attached the correct error log from that). I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete out of that gaming session. After restarting, I moved the new sim into a lot, this time one with a house on it. Same problem as above: no UserInterface. I could click on the door and lock/unlock it, but the house had the roof up, so I couldn't even enter.

After removing all downloads, I could enter the lot with the new CAS sim, and had a UserInterface. I also could enter when putting just the hacks directory back in. I haven't tried it yet with all other Bodyshop/Objects downloads (but there aren't any hacks in there, I've scanned), and I haven't tried to reenter the first lot where it happened (I'm about to do so, but the game takes me over 20 mins to load with all custom content in). I also haven't tried to see if I keep having the error when I take out just the Triplets & Quads mod.

Is it possible for the T&Q mod to cause this, or is this some weird interaction with another mod?

When playing in debug mode, I also get another error: when I send a sim to do a Sales interaction, get an error pop-up about a problem with the Wants Controller, but when I hit reset, it goes away and gameplay continues normally. The error log does say something about 'InTeenimater - Social - Interaction - TEST', but I don't have the InTeen installed (never had it in this installation of the game). I've attached one of these error messages as well.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 07, 06:36:48 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: OFB glitch (no UserInterface)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 05, 19:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened to me as well, and I don't have the T&Q hack.  I just alt-tabbed and closed OFB that way, and restarted my system...It was fine after that.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 07, 04:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like the telltale signature of JenFlower's WooHoo Teens v6 for NL running in OFB.  It borrows this bit of code from the InTeenimater and is one of several things not compatible with OFB.  Run Sims 2 Clean Installer (http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com) and make sure it isn't itemized in red.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 07, 04:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it so wrong to want child molesting to be OK in TS2?

DAMN YOU MAXIS!!!!

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 07, 04:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, that's useful to know, jase. I like to keep the option open (especially for teen/YA relationships), but I don't use it often and can certainly live without until someone comes up with something that works.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 07, 17:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took that one out last night as well, due to my sims jumping out of bed, rather than woohooing
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 07, 18:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh thanks!  I had posted this same problem in another section.  I do have that teen woohoo thingie, and I'm going to disable it and run the game again to see if that cures it.

ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 08, 03:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the head-up about TeenWoohoo. I'll take it out for now - my current generation is only at toddler/child stage, so I can play without it for awhile.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 08, 15:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if anyone is interested...  Wink

Jase has updated JenFlowers teen woohoo to work with OFB, it's available over at InSim

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=6040

It's not InTeen but it's better then nothin  Undecided
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 08, 17:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah, thanks.

(I've always preferred this over InTeen. The only thing I find potentially interesting from InTeen would be the accidential miscarriage...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: