More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:33:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Chemistry of Attraction...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Chemistry of Attraction...  (Read 24885 times)
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
The Chemistry of Attraction...
« on: 2005 November 23, 05:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me, with the lighning bolt system, when you view who a sim has chemistry with, are the pictures in order of whom the sim has the most attraction? The reason I ask, is that if a sim had 3 bolts with several sims, is the sim listed first the one with the MOST chemistry, even though there are the same number of bolts with the others? I noticed that the order sometimes changes for no reason that I can see...

Another thing... with the little pink and red hearts that burst forth with the harp playing on a sim seeing a sim to whom they are attracted...  if there are two sims with whom a sim has the same number of lighning bolts with, will they preferentially burst into hearts on their preferred sim when both of those sims are present in the same room, or is it random?  I'd just like to know, because I'd prefer to match up sims with their first preference...  I know they are pixel people and it doesn't matter to them, but, it matters to me... I have a married couple with 3 bolts together, but they also have 3 bolts for their son-in-law... whilst no hanky-panky there (they are all well behaved), they both seem to want to play/talk/joke with that sim rather than each other; I'm wondering about introducing a bit of drama and splitting the couple up if one of the couple and the son-in-law would make a better couple... or maybe I should use a combo of JM's & TwoJeffs hacks to allow all three guys to be together...?

...can't wait to see how this thread turns out! Cheesy

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: The Chemistry of Attraction...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 23, 08:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me, with the lighning bolt system, when you view who a sim has chemistry with, are the pictures in order of whom the sim has the most attraction? The reason I ask, is that if a sim had 3 bolts with several sims, is the sim listed first the one with the MOST chemistry, even though there are the same number of bolts with the others? I noticed that the order sometimes changes for no reason that I can see...

If you're talking about the relationship panel, then sims are listed ordered by Longterm Relationship level (with all sims who are on the lot always listed first). There aren't levels of chemistry within a number of lightning bolts - all three bolts have the exact same amount of chemistry.

If you want to make distinctions, you could check which sim your sim has the most interests in common.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 23, 15:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could swear I have a sim who has one bolt with her husband and about eight other guys, and her husband is dead last on the chemistry panel. (She has three bolts for another guy her age, so this marriage is doomed anyway, but it's comforting to think she really isn't that interested in her husband anyway. They only married because she got pregnant by accident as a teen.)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 23, 15:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could swear I have a sim who has one bolt with her husband and about eight other guys, and her husband is dead last on the chemistry panel. (She has three bolts for another guy her age, so this marriage is doomed anyway, but it's comforting to think she really isn't that interested in her husband anyway. They only married because she got pregnant by accident as a teen.)

I have a surprise for you: even with 3 bolts with her husband, the spouse was interested in other sims, and not in her husband.

The way I measure the relationship between two sims is - check their behaviour and wants one about the other; and even if they want to flirt sometimes with another sim - this want dissapears, when they interact between themselves.

For instance, Bella Goth (now Knowledge sim), was at the community lot, and I befriended her to my sim. I openned her want panel (Merola's mirror), and saw the whole panel occupied with wishes pointing at my sim, and even a "flirt" wish. I suppose that in that moment she was lonely, and my sim fulfilled her wishes.

She left the community lot, and after 3 sim hours she came back. Again I checked her wants panel - but now it was occupied with wishes for Mortimer only.

My sim and Bella have 3 bolts, same as Bella and Mortimer.

The conclusion is, that you must observe your sims, and see if they fit in all areas (zodiac sign, interests, turn ons and offs, and daily behaviour).
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 23, 19:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

even Bad chemistry doesnt necessarily mean your Sim wont fall in love with another  sim.my Romance Sim Joe has bad chemistry with Kaylynn the maid and on a lark to see if the bad chemistry would prevent a sim from falling in love with another sim.
   so I set up Joe and let him work into best friends with Kaylynn I then had Joe do a bit of serious flirting ie caressing Kaylynn. Well he promptly fell in love with Kaylynn.
          Ive found a good indicator of how they are in regards to feelings for another sim is in their fears,.My Romance Sim Joe fell head over heels in love with his daughter in law Maria. I cleared the flags on both of them.
        However in his fear panel he fears getting engaged to his Son's wife  and  he also has a mega fear of her
      death!
 His Son who is Married to Maria  also Fears his wifes death and he fears rejection from his wife.Basically the fears indicate that Both Sims have extremely strong feelings for Maria..the Ironic Part is that both Males only have 2 bolts for Maria. 

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 23, 19:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if I like the whole attraction system. Three bolts is nearly fatal, they will starve themselves, pee themselves or whatever to do nothing but suck face, play, flirt and hug on each other. It's ridiculous. Two bolts seem to be fairly decent but they do still tend to spend an awful lot of time ignoring the most basic of needs from their offspring as well as themselves. One bolt seems to be about the best I have found so far for my style of play, just enough wants for each other without being manic. And without random flirts I don't have to worry about seeking others to flirt with as long as they are married even if they have three bolts with someone else.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 23, 20:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if I like the whole attraction system. Three bolts is nearly fatal, they will starve themselves, pee themselves or whatever to do nothing but suck face, play, flirt and hug on each other. It's ridiculous. Two bolts seem to be fairly decent but they do still tend to spend an awful lot of time ignoring the most basic of needs from their offspring as well as themselves. One bolt seems to be about the best I have found so far for my style of play, just enough wants for each other without being manic. And without random flirts I don't have to worry about seeking others to flirt with as long as they are married even if they have three bolts with someone else.
. I like the bolt system because it tells me which sims not to pair up.I generally will pair a couple up only if they have at least 2 bolts for each other. a crossed out bolt or no bolt tells me that Sim A and Sim B are not going to work as a couple.1 bolt generally means I need to tweak something in their make up to increase chemistry.Usually its interests that need tweaking.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
JavaChild
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 23, 20:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Three bolts is nearly fatal, they will starve themselves, pee themselves or whatever to do nothing but suck face, play, flirt and hug on each other. It's ridiculous. Two bolts seem to be fairly decent but they do still tend to spend an awful lot of time ignoring the most basic of needs from their offspring as well as themselves. One bolt seems to be about the best I have found so far for my style of play, just enough wants for each other without being manic.

My very first date with my now-boyfriend lasted three days. No one peed themselves and we obviously didn't starve but we really didn't eat a whole lot either. So I guess we're three bolt types but a year and a half later and I still love our manic ridiculousness! Cheesy

I also really think I need to break down and get NL soon. Ooh - It does sound like fun! But is it safe now? Most mod's updated? Glitches worked out? Or since I've already waited this long, should I keep waiting until the casual romance mod is compatible? Suggestions/input most appreciated. Smiley
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 23, 20:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and this is why they call me cranky pants.

heh.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 23, 21:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the attraction system--it gives them a little bit of pseudo-autonomy--and I like them to tell me what they want. Also, it kind of makes it easier for me to break up marriages--couples have to have at least two bolts to be coupled (unless I'm planning on making them dysfunctional) but if either of them has three bolts for someone else who comes along--that's it! Three-bolt couples have to be married. And never, ever cheat. Because they are too busy sucking face with each other anyway.

I have hardly any three-bolt couples that I didn't deliberately make that way--lots and lots of twos, very few threes. So threes are inviolable unions, especially if they weren't achieved by tweaking turn-ons. (The one exception being the three bolts between one of my aliens and MY HUSBAND--he wasn't going anywhere, bolts or no bolts. Now it's gone down to two anyway, thank goodness, because she was obsessed with him, and she's happily married too.)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 23, 21:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to put this here because I thought it was funny. I just made a sim-Brynne, or Val, as I call her in my game because Val is my real name. I made her as authentic as possible, right down to her insistence of wearing sweatpants at all times. Trust me, she's spot on. I teleported in some of my favorite Bayfield boys, and have 3 bolts a piece for Josh and Justin. They can't get enough of me, with my sexy sweat-pants-clad ass! LOL

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 23, 21:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great! I need a tormentable Sim-Brynne.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 23, 21:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tiffany Sampson & Kevin Beare are married in my game and have 3 bolts, but it didn't stop Tiffany autonomously falling in love with Jackson Ruben on a community lot and she only has 1 bolt for him.  Neither of them are Romance Sims - she's Family and he's Fortune, plus they're both fairly newly-married with new babies.  He was so far back on her panel he wasn't even visible, yet now she has regular wants concerning him.

I also like to get 3-bolters together, although I do watch carefully to see which they prefer if they have a choice and always go for the ones that were 3-bolts on their own if I possibly can (haven't deliberately broken-up any marriages to do it yet, but I can see it coming ...).  I have a collection of Sims in Uni at the moment, particularly two playable (m/f) and two dormies (m/f).  I made the dormies 1/1 for both sexes so they could make their own decisions, as a result of which both dormies are 3/3 for both playables.  The male playable is 3/3 for both dormies and the other playable, the female playable is 3/3 for the male playable and 2/3 for the male dormie (she's purely hetero) as well as 3/3 for one of her professors and the two dormies are 2/3 or 3/3 for each other, I can't remember which (2/3 I think).  The dormies both flirt with the male playable but not the female, the female playable follows the male playable around everywhere congratulating him and so on, but will NOT instigate any romantic interactions, neither him with her.  He is far more biased towards females than males (around 47/6 as I recall), yet the only person he has tried to instigate romantic interactions with (and failed up to now due to the other one being previously occupied) is the male dormie and when he has a choice of who to interact with on any basis, he goes for the male dormie first, then the female dormie and finally the female playable.  All these bolts were there from the start, I've not had to alter anything. It seems to me from all this that the two males prefer each other overall, so although there are 3-bolts for all these relationships, it does seem sometimes that some 3-bolters are more attractive than others to the Sims concerned.  

I have another Sim, Tanith, who is married to Don & Cassandra's son, Aristotle.  They went steady as teens, then drifted apart.  Years later, when they were adults, she made a beeline for him and autonomously started everything up again (this was pre-NL).  They got married and when I installed NL they had 2 bolts.  I only had to remove a preference for swimwear and add one for make-up or something like that for the third bolt to appear.  However, Tanith also has 3-bolts totally autonomously for Kennedy Cox of all people, who she's only met once and has a 0/0 relationship with, so in reality Kennedy Cox is probably her Mr Right insofar as they have 3-bolts without anything needing altering.  It's also interesting that Don has always got on extremely well with his daughter-in-law and they have 2 bolts.  I'm pretty sure they only had 1 when I first installed it, but they certainly have 2 now.  Bit awkward as they all live in the same house.  Don was due to die for the second time next time I played it, but Tanith was vamped on a community lot last night so I think maybe she will be turning Don into a vamp very shortly ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 23, 21:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she'll put one up on her website. However, she's pretty picky about who she lets join. Tongue

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 23, 21:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great. I'll be peeing my sweatpants all the live long day.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 23, 21:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne, be careful...there was talk of a special code attached to you that would cause random accidents.  Tongue
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 23, 21:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah ha! Ha ha ha ha ha. You're killin' me.

I'm mooning you. You just can't see me.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 23, 21:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least you won't be forced to have bazillions of babies with fugly townies!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 23, 21:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not in my game you wont be however as one of your Favorite Bayfield boy is still unattached in my game. if you send me thee Sim Brynne I plan on arranging for you to meet Justin. Josh is taken in my game he has a wife and a new baby annd is now Perma Plat. Justin will be Perma Plat when He goes to work again. and then there's always Joe he's in love with half the neighborhood but not taken yet.Justin has nutty Idea's of falling in love with a sim he has no chemistry with .so maybe your just the ticket for him in my game.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 23, 21:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure I'll marry Justin! Sim me is single!

I'm getting her packaged up right now as a matter of fact.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 23, 22:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And whipping Rainbow. Let's not forget about whipping Rainbow.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 23, 22:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure I'll marry Justin! Sim me is single!

I'm getting her packaged up right now as a matter of fact.

Brynne, I want your Sim as well.  I can hook you up with the Sim of your choice, just send that to me?  Smiley  I won't even be mean to you.

I am currently in the process of creating an *ahem* Santa Sim.  He's old and has a long beard, and he's full of goodwill towards men!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 23, 22:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And whipping Rainbow. Let's not forget about whipping Rainbow.

Rainbow hung up her whip for good. I'm whipping Hook, now.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 23, 22:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woot!!  I get half the $4.99/minute, right??

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 23, 22:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmmm...that depends on how good you are, slave boy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: