More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 17:20:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Greet interaction still cancelling itself for Child Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Greet interaction still cancelling itself for Child Sims  (Read 5565 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Greet interaction still cancelling itself for Child Sims
« on: 2007 September 13, 18:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am playing the Traveller family only after installing BV, so I have practically no hacks in for now with the exception of the following;

childrenstaylater
djslessfuriousness
MoreHygieneCommunalShower
noautonomouscooking
noautonomousturnoffstereoEP3
noeatcrap
PTZ - LazyAnimFixOnly
SimlogicalNoCareShrubs_patch

. . . and again when the child sim invites another child sim over, I choose greet so and so, she goes right up to the sim and then the action gets drop, every time. No one has grown up on the lot, as I have "aging off".

. . . the only hack that I think it might be is "childrenstaylater"??

. . . besides the fact it is a non-awesome hack, any suggestions  Huh

thank you
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Greet interaction still cancelling itself for Child Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 13, 18:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried duplicating the issue while playing a CC-free game?  If not, it would be helpful if you did so, since that would tell us whether the problem is hack related or something else entirely.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 13, 19:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds good! thanks B, I will try that!  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 14, 14:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those hacks you have been using appear in many cases not to have been updated, so it might be worth checking out the latest versions.

Zephyr Zodiac
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 14, 23:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad

So I took out all the hacks from the game and had my child sim invite over another child sim.  Same thing, sim comes over, my sim goes to greet then nothing.  Sometimes the visiting child will just go right in, but most of the time she just keeps going over to the mailbox and I repeat my request, but still nothing and eventually the child goes away.  I have tried this with other child sims too.

I can however have an adult sim greet the child and it works that way.   Huh

Do you think I will have to reinstall?  If I do have to reinstall, can I use the blank templates at this time, to avoid too many sims in the hoods?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 15, 00:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the blank templates for new hoods, not for existing ones.  I'm pretty sure the same would apply to G002 and P002.

Do you by any remote chance have a hack hiding in your game that you downloaded with a house?  This problem with the kids is wierd, and obviously not caused by a known hack, since you removed them, but I believe there are some hacks that are not easily removed as they alter actual coding within the game, in which case a reinstall might be the answer, but you would need to be sure your downloads are totally clean before reinstalling them.  The problem might also be due to a download that isn't a hack, but has been hacked in some way, such as, for instance, there was a problem at one time with some cloned toy-boxes.  So, before you reinstall, it might be worth taking out all your downloads and putting them back one folder at a time to see if you can isolate a problem file.

Zephyr Zodiac
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 15, 00:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always make it a habit to use Sims2Pack Clean Installer to weed out any unwanted hacks or mods, or even custom or recolored objects as well.  I have been trying not to use anything but Maxis furniture and I do use all the bonus items too.

I also have most of the LS objects in the Bins folder, as well as more of the Official Maxis objects like the alienware, Urbz game, and the Simplex Charisma Trainer.

I will take all this out tonight and see if that makes a difference.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 15, 06:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! the alienware.....this really screwed up my game once - I believe it isn't safe to use it after OFB or something, and in the base game, every time you download a house you get further copies of it and in pre-clean installer days it was very hard to track it down!  And since the Clean Installer shows it in red I think it is something to be very wary of!

Zephyr Zodiac
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Re: Greet interaction still cancelling itself for Child Sims "SOLVED" thanks
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 17, 23:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparenty having two Sim Plex Charisma Trainers in the game was the culprit!  Cheesy

Speaking of which, I have the LifeStories "Sim Plex Charisma Trainer" as an object in my game, however, the "I Object Litigator" podium career award for Law, has the same graphic as the SimPlex Podium.  It does work the same, gives $5 simoleans every few minutes. However it does not look like the one in the picture.  Is this normal?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 18, 13:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The That is the graphic for the I-Object. The Lifestories Simplex appears different, more crystally. However, in older, less Awesome implementations, the graphics collide. This issue is fixed in the latest Awesome versions, so discard all Non-Awesome implementations and use only the Awesome!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 18, 22:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy thanks JMP, I will do just that!

I was confused, I meant that the "I Object" has the same graphic as the Simplex Podium, the crystally one.  But I would like the "I Object" to have its proper graphic, so I will be sure to get the "Awesome" one!  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 19, 06:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Accept no Kewian-based substitutes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: