More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 13:42:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help needed, making NPCs from scratch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help needed, making NPCs from scratch  (Read 2766 times)
delonariel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Help needed, making NPCs from scratch
« on: 2009 June 24, 17:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided I wanted to make a castaway themed neighbourhood, but the NPCs are seriously cramping my style. I've been looking at the clean neighbourhood guide, but as far as I can tell I've only found advice on how to batch create NPCs or alternatively to randomly generate them one at a time.

Is it possible to make them in CAS with their custom uniforms and then make them into the right sort of NPC? I know paladin has an NPC editing program, but I don't want to mess with the NPCs in my other neighbourhoods.

The only solution I've been able to come up with is creating the ones i need with the tree and then using sim surgery on all of them in SimPE, but will the custom uniforms stick or will they just change back into the original ones?

Thanks in advance
Killzone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Help needed, making NPCs from scratch
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 26, 07:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use clean templates with antiredundancy hack and shaklins Universal Dresser.

At a residential lot have a playable of the same sex and age as the NPC you wish to custom dress, purchase the relevent Uniform/attire using the dresser.

Summon/teleport the NPC and have the playable change the NPC's clothing with the dresser. (You can also change the NPC's first name, and give them a makeover with the dresser at the same time, if you so wish).

Save and exit

If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you!
delonariel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Help needed, making NPCs from scratch
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 27, 09:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the advice. After some trial and error I ended up using  a hack from MTS2 to keep the NPCs from reverting back to their original uniforms, after that everything worked fine
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: