More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 13:57:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's your first impression of OFB?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What's your first impression of OFB?
It's my dream come true - 5 (4.6%)
Stop bugging me I'm playing the game - 21 (19.4%)
What's OFB? - 3 (2.8%)
So far so good - 39 (36.1%)
I live in a bunker therefore I can't get it for a few more months - 40 (37%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's your first impression of OFB?  (Read 68512 times)
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: What's your first impression of OFB?
« Reply #100 on: 2006 March 03, 00:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said "dream come true" also.  I really like this new aspect of the game, although I haven't figured everything out yet.

Lion asked about the Townies and having to replenish their funds....they have a limitless amount of funds so there's no need to be concerned about their spending.  

Playable Sims, from what I've read, will only spend according to what money they have and they keep only 3 items they purchase...with the oldest purchase dropping out of their inventory, if they continue spending autonomously.

--green
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 March 03, 00:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shirley Baker was actually Brynne at one point.  Cheesy

That's funny  Grin! I checked "Bayfield" household in the Simhatton of downtown area, there is only one person there, which is current/updated Brynne. I didn't enter the house. And I don't believe there is another Beyfield household. Anyway I will try to have a picture of her taken.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 March 03, 00:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took the bakery lady (Ms. Jacquet) to buy a tiny cafe community lot (with a $70,000 loan).
Does OFB actually feature loans, or is this something else (an Inge shrub or a plain cheat)?

- Gus

sorry, no, it's motherlode in the work

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 March 03, 00:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shirley Baker was actually Brynne at one point.  Cheesy

That's funny  Grin! I checked "Bayfield" household in the Simhatton of downtown area, there is only one person there, which is current/updated Brynne. I didn't enter the house. And I don't believe there is another Beyfield household. Anyway I will try to have a picture of her taken.

Where Brynne is living - follow that row of houses along the water up towards the island, I think that's where I moved Shirley.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 March 03, 00:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said "dream come true" also.  I really like this new aspect of the game, although I haven't figured everything out yet.

Lion asked about the Townies and having to replenish their funds....they have a limitless amount of funds so there's no need to be concerned about their spending.  

Playable Sims, from what I've read, will only spend according to what money they have and they keep only 3 items they purchase...with the oldest purchase dropping out of their inventory, if they continue spending autonomously.

--green

Thanks for the info. Maybe JM will limit their funds like he did with the tipping.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 March 03, 00:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Where Brynne is living - follow that row of houses along the water up towards the island, I think that's where I moved Shirley.

Thanks for keeping her, because she is pretty, and I like pretty girls. But I have to get her hair back first,  Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 March 03, 01:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if she already has a job, that's why she won't come to work?

Zephyr Zodiac
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 March 03, 01:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does OFB actually feature loans, or is this something else (an Inge shrub or a plain cheat)?

sorry, no, it's motherlode in the work

Darn, I was hoping to laden my Sim with a crushing burder of debt.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 March 03, 01:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if she already has a job, that's why she won't come to work?

Grin Maybe... but seriously, in the game, when you hire them, it says she quit her job to work for you. And BlueSoup had a job and quit her job too. All she said is you don't pay me enough for me to work for you, but the game doesn't allow me tele-raise her salary, at least I didn't figure out a way from last night's play.

And now I start to wonder what will happen if I play the employee, will they be "unemployed"? If I find a job for them, will they quit the shop job, I guess so... Sad But I also hope they can hold two jobs.  Grin
« Last Edit: 2006 March 03, 01:19:31 by Lion » Logged

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 March 03, 01:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn, I was hoping to laden my Sim with a crushing burder of debt.

- Gus

Monique's computer let you take loans and charge you interest. I will use that once it is updated. Inge's morgage shrubs are too easy on the sims. I keep buying those $1000 shrubs, and they look like free money.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 March 03, 01:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I also put her in the show business career.

Oh, make me a superstar, baby!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 March 03, 01:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Lion, I'm glad to hear I'm working out well for you.  Grin  Keep those raises coming!

And Brynne's current hairstyle is available at MTS2, search for Seomi.  It's really pretty and Brynne is gorgeous with it on. I tried it on a couple of other Sims, but I think it's a look that sorta belongs to Brynne for me now, much like the updo she first had.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 March 03, 01:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, make me a superstar, baby!

Somehow, Anna Nicole Smith came into mind... Shocked "Trimspa, baby!"

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 March 03, 01:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Lion, I'm glad to hear I'm working out well for you.  Grin  Keep those raises coming!

Indeed, because this lady has no real friends, and I think you need some relationship score to hire somebody, she was rejected by a punk girl.  Angry
And here comes BlueSoup to the rescue.

Well, I would like to, but after I raised your salary a notch, it says "overpaid", and the next notch says "very overpaid", so I just settled at the "overpaid", sorry.

Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 March 03, 01:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well after visiting MATY and reading that some people have OFB I rang my local EB and they said yep, its in. Geez!! Why don't I have it then! So, this was at 4.30pm so I just packed up my office and left. I sped to the mall, parked in a 5minute zone and bought my game just before closing time. I then raced home, put 'Finding Nemo' on the dvd player for toddler and installed my game. I took out my downloads folder first and I am slowly introducing it back in.

I love it.

At first I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. OFB? Who cares?

But, I really really like it.

I normally take all the good looking townies and move them into one lot. That way I can control their clothes, skills etc. So I took a random one from there, made her buy the clothing depot in downtown, bought Merola's mirror and my townie has been there ever since, operating 24/7.

It so much fun! Took me while to get the hang of it but slowly my clothes shop is being converted to a furniture/home decor store. I have one room just dedicated to mirrors. Bizarre but yet excellent.

So, after 24hrs of owning the game, I am a happy customer.

Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 March 03, 02:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique's computer let you take loans and charge you interest.
Link?  I never know where this mod or that mod is unless it's hosted here, or someone explicitly mentions that it's at MTS2 or some other specific site.

- Gus

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 March 03, 02:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loans are for wussies. Just you wait until we have the Ethiopian E-Mail Business Challenge.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 March 03, 02:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loans are for wussies. Just you wait until we have the Ethiopian E-Mail Business Challenge.
There's some truth to that.  I just kind of like the idea of the debt burden.  The idea of a new Uni graduate buying a $20,000 house and then struggling to meet his interest payments on $17,000 or so of debt sounds like it might be interesting.

- Gus

Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 March 03, 02:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I am a total wussie and like to be able to test stuff out, I created Elena Galaxie and motherloded her.  She was supposed to be a punk rock beautician, but after making Oberon Summerdream weep three times over botched make-overs, she went into flowers.

The Good:  So far the game is interesting, the storybook collection is ridiculously pretty (but, as per usual, is only half-hearted.  Tons of floors/walls, but hardly any furnishings) and there's a new premade home that is adorable. I really like a few of the new girl hairs.  My compluter is also handling everything beautifully.  The only downloads I have in are my skins, eyes and hair but so far it's doing better than Nightlife did when I first installed that and played CC free.

The Bad: Running a business is not so self-explanatory.  I'm all for a challenge, but this seems to be a lot of typical Maxis wierdness.  

I also can't get sims to play kicky bag anywhere.  Not so bad, but two sims were on a date and the want to play kicky-bag was hogging a slot all night.

The Ugly:  Frumpy ass women's clothing.  Seriously, besides the sundresses, all of the clothes are shapeless and/or fugly.

Verdict:  So far, more of a game than Nightlife but less tedious and more rewarding than University.  
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 March 03, 06:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally saw a new LTW in my Fortune Sim, which was to own 5 top-level businesses.  Anyone see any others?
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006 March 03, 06:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't had long enough to play it Bluesoup. Its Friday here so I might plan a VERY late night.

sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006 March 03, 06:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I saw tonight.

Get a servo and use that to learn how to run your business. (or use vampires I guess, but with a servo or two you can do it without empployees).

With so few needs to meet you can keep your shop open for large amounts of time and learn how to interact etc.

With just a single sim the game so far is pretty hard.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 March 03, 06:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a new Build Mode cheat

Wall Placement Restrictions Removed

It says normally only one object can be hung on a segment of wall regardless of height..    In other words, even if an already placed item and another item won't overlap at all, you can't place them both on the same
segment.      The Wall Placement Cheat enables you to hang several items on a single wall segment.

sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006 March 03, 06:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah apparently you just have to hold down crtl-alt while you place items, no cheat code to enter.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2006 March 03, 07:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love building as everyone around here knows, and I am trying to think of a useful decorating reason for that cheat...give me time, I will come up with one...*thinks*

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: