More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 20:19:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's your first impression of OFB?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What's your first impression of OFB?
It's my dream come true - 5 (4.6%)
Stop bugging me I'm playing the game - 21 (19.4%)
What's OFB? - 3 (2.8%)
So far so good - 39 (36.1%)
I live in a bunker therefore I can't get it for a few more months - 40 (37%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's your first impression of OFB?  (Read 68519 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
What's your first impression of OFB?
« on: 2006 March 01, 21:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the game yet, might not be able to play for a bit, since computer is lacking an rather essential component : electricity.

So I'd like to hear what are your first impressions.  Are you liking it so far?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: What's your first impression of OFB?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 01, 22:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Half the world hasn't got it yet!  Don't be so isolationist! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 01, 22:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured if I didn't have it, I could at least hear about it Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 01, 22:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True!  But we have to get it before we can tell you about it!  And so far I haven't had an email from Amazon telling me it's on it's way, although they have informed me that some books I ordered a few days ago have been posted.

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 01, 22:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I should have it by the time I get home.  I'm excited to play it, and I bet I'll be really tired at work tomorrow.  Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 01, 23:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will you even get to bed, I wonder?

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 01, 23:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.  I already told my boss and co-worker that I will be tired tomorrow because I am staying up all night to play my new game.   Grin
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 01, 23:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's starting to drive me insane, although I'm not sure if that's just because the Sims are acting stupid now I don't have any hacks making them behave. Step away from the baby, sir! Do not feed the baby! There are customers queueing and they are ANGRY NOW. Agh!
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 02, 00:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best thing is the option to make the employees wear uniforms. I made some weird creations. Grin
Worst thing is that this addon needs more explanations than the addons before and the smallnual does not give them. Angry
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 02, 00:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best thing is the option to make the employees wear uniforms. I made some weird creations. Grin
 Angry

Yeah the uniform thing will be nice.

I have quite a bit of updating to do. I have tons of houses/lots that were supposed to be businesses but couldn't be truly run as one.

My whorehouse and gay bath house especially.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 02, 01:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worst thing is that this addon needs more explanations than the addons before and the smallnual does not give them. Angry

I agree. I was so lost and my business suck. You can make them wear any custom clothings for uniforms. And I love that idea.
good for whatever business (sleazy or straight) you wanna run.
Oh, I love it that any custom objects can be placed in shops for selling but despite my "basic sell", haven't managed to sell a single cc yet... Tongue

I was actually (horror of horrors) contemplating the prima guide when I was lost playing the game earlier. but then I thought heck, i didn't have a godamn guide for doom3, gta and civ4...so no guide for me! Sad I will figure it out by myself, volia.

but I won't mind if someone out ther got the guide and start typing from page 1 here  Grin

Go Away
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 02, 01:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get a few pages from the BBS as a free sample download.

Zephyr Zodiac
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 02, 01:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually (horror of horrors) contemplating the prima guide when I was lost playing the game earlier. but then I thought heck, i didn't have a godamn guide for doom3, gta and civ4...so no guide for me! Sad I will figure it out by myself, volia.

but I won't mind if someone out ther got the guide and start typing from page 1 here  Grin

Efficacy trumps elitisim for me, so I've been prowling the BBS for the past few days. Folks on the BBS have pretty much typed out all pertinent information from the guide. Some very useful info there.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 02, 01:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not getting OFB until the phone hack gets updated.

I'm still not over the trauma of  being without it when NL came out.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 02, 01:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's going to be good to be reminded of what the game is without any hacks.  I've been playing with them so long, I've forgotten.  Nothing like loosing something to appreciate it.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 02, 01:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played for about an hour last night and it took me almost as long to try and get my head around how it all gels and comes together!
Not having hacks is going to suck I know but I spent most of my playing time getting the business and it's stock together for my sim and schmoozing the customers etc.

Choosing uniforms is pretty good as is the god-like power of 'lording it' over your employees.

I decided to let my sim buy a pre built lot and wow...they're all pretty pricey, so it really eats into family funds!! (not that it's a bad thing sometimes  Grin )

So all in all, I'm impressed so far and can't wait till quittin' time so I can go home and play some more!  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 02, 01:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first impression is so far, so good, although I'm aware that there's supposedly one killer bug out there (disappearing businesses!) that I hope Maxis will address ASAP. Game seems to run as smoothly or possibly even more smoothly than pre-EP.

So far all I've done is a home-based art business for an Elder sim who otherwise has little else to do. Actually it's a hoot. The fourth day of business she finally started selling more when she added easels to the mix. Customers were lined up ready to be rung up - but her fun had bottomed out so she wouldn't even ring up her customers!!!! She was going to make a lot of money that day and lost it all because she couldn't motivate herself to use the register! Hah! I think she needs to hire an employee so she can do some more painting and keep her fun and social up...

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 02, 01:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Efficacy trumps elitisim for me, so I've been prowling the BBS for the past few days. Folks on the BBS have pretty much typed out all pertinent information from the guide. Some very useful info there.

I hate the BBS. I might go blind if I go there but for my sims, I shall endure that place. Can you give us the links? If i get desperate enough, i will visit it.

Come to think of it, i havent registered my game yet cos i hate maxis too much ...

Go Away
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 02, 01:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel you there and am dreading it, but god help me I'm going to install the damned thing soon anyhow. Hopefully I can retain my sanity.

What really pisses me off is Maxis never takes a god damned second to try and figure out what 'features' players don't like and nuke them. I've never heard a single person say they like the way the phone works without any hacks.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 02, 01:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki !!!! Welcome back! I missed ya  Smiley.

P.S. You got me hooked on the Moviesgame for 2 months
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 02, 01:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey!  Motoki!  It's great to see you!  I've been wondering how you were!

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 02, 02:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel you there and am dreading it, but god help me I'm going to install the damned thing soon anyhow. Hopefully I can retain my sanity.

What really pisses me off is Maxis never takes a god damned second to try and figure out what 'features' players don't like and nuke them. I've never heard a single person say they like the way the phone works without any hacks.

Hey Motoki! Great to see you! Grin

I have to say I was completely surprised by the addition of both a twins cheat and a twins food. Maybe if we fill the BBS with posts about the phone like people did with twins Maxis might listen and change it. Then again maybe not but it wouldn't hurt trying.
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 02, 02:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Motoki! Great to see you! Grin

I have to say I was completely surprised by the addition of both a twins cheat and a twins food. Maybe if we fill the BBS with posts about the phone like people did with twins Maxis might listen and change it. Then again maybe not but it wouldn't hurt trying.

What's the twins food?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 02, 02:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But if they put everything right, there'd be no need for MATY!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lackey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 02, 02:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning! Do not read any further if you have high hopes.

First impression. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Pillow fights punch you punch me red hands stupid stupid stupid. Not one customer even looked at merchandise but they socialized a lot with one another clicked on them a million times didnt see anything to try and talk anybody into buying anything. So first impression not as good as it was with nightlife. I never even went to bed  that first night. Actually thought I would never sleep again and laughed untill I thought I would pee my pants. I am going to put hacks in will update and maybe I will like it more once I get control over the stupidity. Oh one question. Was a taxi supposed to drop Nina and Dina off at their new residence? Is this new or has it always happened? Oops guess that is 2 I have a new graphics card so I see more loads better and did you know there are actually waves by the neighborhood water Wow what a difference.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine to your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: