More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 05:39:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  For the love of puppies, take a bath and go to class! D:<
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For the love of puppies, take a bath and go to class! D:<  (Read 5382 times)
Kezwick
Tasty Tourist

The icon lies. ;_;

View Profile
For the love of puppies, take a bath and go to class! D:<
« on: 2009 April 13, 09:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, lets face it, Sims 2 hates me, so I won't go into detail over how many errors I've had in the past. D;

But now I have an error... caused by an error, if you get the idea.

Basically, Nightlife went kerphut on me (Long story short, wouldn't load, wouldn't read disc due to severe damage), so I uninstalled it and just played with University instead, until I could get a new copy. After uninstalling Nightlife, the game became unbearably slow and I still got tons of "The Application has crashed" messages, even when custom content was removed, so after trying different techniques, my last resort was to uninstall all of the games then reinstall them. It didn't really help much at all, It's still unbelievably slow, and I still get the occasional 'The Application has Crashed' message (though not as frequent as before).

Only now there's an extra annoyance added for my pleasure. Now, sims won't do particular tasks in the task queue. When It gets to the particular task in the queue, the sim about to do the task will either jump a little bit or just stand there, as the task drops out of the queue. It doesn't happen for all tasks, just particular ones. The tasks I've spotted so far are:

Going to class/work
Taking a bath/shower
Getting into a hot tub
Work out (with stereo)

Any advice, lovely people?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: For the love of puppies, take a bath and go to class! D:<
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 13, 09:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not uninstall expansions. That is bad.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 13, 15:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uninstall whole game. Reinstall base and Uni, and (in my opinion) torrent Nightlife and play from a no-CD, because even if you have issues with pirating, you've already paid for it. If you backed up your game before this mess, you can play the 'hoods in your Nightlife-included game. If you didn't, or you don't want to get Nightlife, you'll have to start fresh.

Also, if you choose to add Nightlife, swallow the Director's Cut here. Nightlife is buggy as hell.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kezwick
Tasty Tourist

The icon lies. ;_;

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 16, 12:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so since I was pretty brief in the first post, I managed to find error logs for some of the tasks which drop out of the queue. Considering I don't have enough characters to post even one of the entire error logs, here is the error message which appeared when I played the game in debug mode:

An error occurred in object 'N004_user00286-Dexter'#225.
Error: Transition to node that does not exist

I have uninstalled and reinsalled my entire game which did not help the problem, but hopefully this error message will help. The message is the same for all the actions which drop out of the queue.

Also, at Zazazu: Where could I get the Director's Cut edition of Nightlife? I googled it which didn't have any information. Thanks!

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 16, 12:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the FAQ, n00b. It tells you what to do with error logs.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 16, 12:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so since I was pretty brief in the first post, I managed to find error logs for some of the tasks which drop out of the queue. Considering I don't have enough characters to post even one of the entire error logs, here is the error message which appeared when I played the game in debug mode:

You need to run the game with debug mode turned on (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true).  When the error happens, there will be a box.  Select cancel or reset.  Exit game.  Go to your "logs" folder and find your error log.  Post that as directed in the FAQ.

That said, you likely can not play your neighbourhood that existed before you uninstalled NL - it is doomed.  Delete it and start a new 'hood.  Test your newly installed game with a clean fresh neighbourhood and see if errors continue before posting error logs.

Also, at Zazazu: Where could I get the Director's Cut edition of Nightlife? I googled it which didn't have any information. Thanks!

You need to download/torrent NL from a torrent site - google "torrent nightlife".  For this you will need a torrent client like uTorrent, which can be downloaded if you google for it.  You will also need Daemon Tools.  There are a number of threads at MATY which describe the process for torrenting EPs.  Do not run the game from the original .exe or from a launcher.  Get the no-cd crack for your latest EP, and run the game from that.

The Director's Cut refers to hacks available here at MATY which refine certain aspects of the game code and make the game less annoying and often prevent errors.  Install the hacks for your latest EP (latest in terms of release date, not the one you loaded last).  Also, you might consider torrenting OFB as well as NL.  OFB's game engine is better, even if you never run businesses.  In that case, you would use the hacks from the Director's Cut for OFB (for example).

Tribulatio proxima est
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 16, 12:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jolrei, why are you being so nice to That Which Has Not Read The FAQ? Now it will never learn on its own. :/

Kezwick
Tasty Tourist

The icon lies. ;_;

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 16, 12:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay folks, my apologies, I couldn't actually find the FAQ on the site since I didn't notice it in the main Podium forum (I'm a stupid person, I thought it would have been in the subforum or the main page. D;)

But anyway, I've attached them now (I hope). My sincere apologies. D:

I've started on a fresh neighbourhood, with a fresh game, however I am still having the same problem.

EDIT: Forgot, thanks for the information on the Directors Cut!
« Last Edit: 2009 April 16, 21:58:06 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 April 16, 12:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jolrei, why are you being so nice to That Which Has Not Read The FAQ? Now it will never learn on its own. :/

Rightly or wrongly (possibly both) my intention was to reduce residual annoyances, like unnecessary error logs being posted, as well as to clear up a couple of misconceptions regarding the playability of the doomed 'hood.  You will note that I did direct it to search for procedural information and reiterated the idea that it should read the FAQ.  Nevertheless, I do repent me of my sin of niceness.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 April 16, 19:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah but you'll sin again, won't you?  Tongue

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 April 16, 19:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't everyone?

And look.  We still get a whack of error logs (but at least they're posted correctly).

Tribulatio proxima est
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 April 16, 19:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am taking the day off, and hereby pledge to not be helpful at all.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 April 16, 21:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These error logs do not match ANYTHING. Once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: