More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 14:11:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Toddler disappearance
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Toddler disappearance  (Read 5050 times)
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Toddler disappearance
« on: 2008 December 27, 03:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am really hoping this is not a VBT thing because I just started a new neighborhood and have just gotten everything situated.  Here goes...

My game froze while in the process of saving, so I ended the process and then reloaded the game.  I went back into the family that froze and now the most recent toddler is missing.  They all have memories of the toddler but now it says $subject instead of the kid's name.  Is there anything I can do to get the toddler back?  SimPE isn't loading, but I think that has more to do with my computer which is acting strange as well.  Is this going to cause my neighborhood to explode?
HeyYeah
Mentally Retarded
Dimwitted Dunce

I am a fish

View Profile
Re: Toddler disappearance
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 27, 05:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking the toddler is gone for good because of how the memory doesn't have a subject. A while back I lost a baby in a similar situation to yours after saving and exiting, but that hood may have been going BFBVFS before that, and I'm not sure if it was a symptom, a contributing factor, or completely unrelated. There was also some other strangeness with that family, though.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 27, 05:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First you need to find out if the toddler actually exists anymore. Use either a teleporter or SimPE if you can get it working.

Fail.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 27, 05:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I will try out simPE again.  I just defragged the hard drive that the sims is on, so once I sign back on to it, I will try that out.  If I do find the toddler, what do I do about the memories?  Should I just get rid of them through simPE?
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 27, 05:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hood that was overloaded with too much CC started giving me the "$subject" memories of Sims just gone. I had over 4gb of CC at that point, all un-awesome things with .package files not set to read only. Beheld the unspoken terror and misfortunes of outer space as the entire population disappeared without a trace.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 27, 05:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that happens, I am going to be so pissed.  There are only about three families living in this town right now.  I just got all of the businesses owned and staffed too.  I don't have all that much CC, I am not a huge fan of it and when I got this new comp over the summer, I went through all of it and cut it down to the basics.  The defraging took a bit so maybe that had something to do with it.

***Edited to add:  The toddler is officially gone, there is no record of her in SimPE.  Now what does that mean about the other family member's memories?  Is this the beginning of the end?  Undecided
« Last Edit: 2008 December 27, 18:54:15 by JacquiES » Logged
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 27, 19:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll have to purge the memories. I'd try the lot debugger first, in case it can take care of them for you, but you may need to do it in SimPE.

Fail.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 27, 19:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry too much about impending doom, as long as you repair the memories, and check the other families to see that their character data looks right. 

Incomplete saves and game crashes leave trash, but the cause of the crashes is sometimes random.  I've had something similar a few times in my older 'hoods, but after a restore from backup, they march on as though nothing ever went wrong.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 27, 20:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll have to purge the memories. I'd try the lot debugger first, in case it can take care of them for you, but you may need to do it in SimPE.

This may be dumb but when I looked in SimPE, I had no idea how to go about doing anything at all with the memories.  They just said invisible, nothing named.  How do I go about doing it in simPE?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 27, 21:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you in advanced mode? When you go to Neighborhood/Memories, you should be able to select a sim and view its memories. Then you can add/delete whatever you need.

Fail.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 28, 04:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was probably not in advanced mode.  I am not really sure how to get into that mode anyway lol.  But I think I solved the problem, I just nuked the memories of the sims that met the toddler, which was only like four and another toddler and everything seems to be ok.  It messed up one sim because she was married and he had the memories and she didn't (at least that is what I am assuming).  They both just kept spinning around so I killed her by flies and everything is back to normal.  Hopefully everything will stay ok lol.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: