More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 20:52:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  The game ate mah baby (and a bit of other weirdness).
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The game ate mah baby (and a bit of other weirdness).  (Read 4428 times)
HeyYeah
Mentally Retarded
Dimwitted Dunce

I am a fish

View Profile
The game ate mah baby (and a bit of other weirdness).
« on: 2008 October 04, 02:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I've just continued playing, hoping this isn't a sign my hood is going to become a BFBVFS, so this isn't so much a "how can I fix this?" but rather a "what caused it, and how can I prevent it happening again")

I was playing a family, the two kids had just aged up to teens and a brand new baby had just been born. I saved and went back to the neighborhood screen, played a few other families, then quit.  The next day I went to play that first family again. The baby no longer existed. It didn't show up it the relationship panel or family tree and the memory said "Had $Subject!" instead of the baby's name.

Also, one of the boys had disappeared from the lot and wasn't selectable. The retrieve missing sim option was not available on the lot debugger, and I couldn't find him in any family using Inge's teleporter cat. He was still in the relationship pannel, and family tree, and when I went to the neighborhood screen, he was among the kids available to send to Uni.

Anyone else had anything like that happen to them?
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: The game ate mah baby (and a bit of other weirdness).
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 04, 04:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess you can retreive your teen by sending him to uni, so no real problem there?  Have you tried sending him to uni yet just to make sure you actually can?

As for the baby, well, that's a VBT I think.  I'm completely non-awesome, but I personally would use the Lot Debugger to clear corrupt memories on everyone who had any memories of the now deleted baby, and then clear gossip to get rid of all the BFBVFS-causing corrupt gossip memories.

That's sad about the baby, by the way.  Embarrassed  Too bad there's no way to get him back.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
HeyYeah
Mentally Retarded
Dimwitted Dunce

I am a fish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 04, 05:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent the teen to Uni, and there appears to be no issues other than the question of how he disappeared in the first place.

The baby does seem like a VBT. I've deleted the corrupted memories and the parents have since had another baby as a replacement, so all seems to be fairly well as of right now.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 04, 18:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you running base game and Uni only?

This sounds like what used to happen in the olden days when neighborhoods got more character files than they could handle. They just barfed and wouldn't save any new babbys.
HeyYeah
Mentally Retarded
Dimwitted Dunce

I am a fish

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 04, 19:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm running Pets, and other babies born since have saved just fine.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 15, 13:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me last night on an apartment lot. A baby was born the previous night and I saved and exited. When I loaded my game, no baby and the same memory you got. I am wondering if it is because it was the first save after the baby was born. Pescado said that partial saves might be an issue with disappearing sims in another thread. I will make more babies and experiment in my test hood.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: