More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 10:45:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help a non-awesome person figure out how to work the M&G crack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help a non-awesome person figure out how to work the M&G crack  (Read 12044 times)
FlannelSpoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Help a non-awesome person figure out how to work the M&G crack
« on: 2009 April 03, 06:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the crack where it is supposed to go. When I try to pen the game with the crack it only appeers in Windows Task Manager until 17,000K of memory usage and then it quits. Nothing ever pops up or anything. This is my first time arrring a real game. It worked once, then did they above. I reinstalled and it worked twice and did the same thing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Help a non-awesome person figure out how to work the M&G crack
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 03, 07:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
FlannelSpoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 03, 08:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize that, but what exactly am I doing wrong? Huh
MissQ
Blathering Buffoon

More Unco Than You!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 03, 08:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To start with, exactly where are you installing the crack? Have you bypassed the launcher? Have you tried deleting groups.cashe?

FlannelSpoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 03, 08:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I place the crack in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin. I click on the cracked .exe instead of the launcher, and I just deleted groups.cache and now it is complaining about directx9. I am downloading and installing a directX update. Still says DirectX is not working and what not. I just updated my nVidia driver.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 03, 08:43:27 by FlannelSpoon » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 03, 09:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The non-loadingness is not due to the noCD, then, you have a problem with your system or install, one of these things is broken.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 03, 13:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I place the crack in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin. I click on the cracked .exe instead of the launcher, and I just deleted groups.cache and now it is complaining about directx9. I am downloading and installing a directX update. Still says DirectX is not working and what not. I just updated my nVidia driver.

I had the problem too and the crack wasn't installed properly to the right directory.  Try re-copying the cracked .exe to that directory again.  What other EPs and SPs do you have?  Was the game working before M&G?

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 03, 14:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you are actually clicking on the .exe, not the .ico (icon file). Yes, I've been that stupid and done it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
FlannelSpoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 April 03, 20:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have every EP and SP. It is a .exe not the icon. The game worked with AL and a few stuff packs before. Re-copied crack and it still is not finding driectX compatible adapters and whatnot. My system is within the specifications required.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 03, 21:19:57 by FlannelSpoon » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 April 03, 21:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, there is a thread around somewhere here (you could search) regarding the non-recognition of direct-X.  Might be helpful.

Tribulatio proxima est
FlannelSpoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 April 04, 01:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstalled my graphics drivers. I will see if reinstalling the game again works. I might also try reinstalling directX too. I have reinstalled a couple times ad nothing is working. Still getting DirectX failure.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 04, 02:07:11 by FlannelSpoon » Logged
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 April 04, 06:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you turn screen savers off.  During a long game load, they can try to launch and complain about DirectX, and it's easy to mistake for a game issue.  There are other threads for real DirectX issues in the Podium, but that's something quick to try.
FlannelSpoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 April 04, 07:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game doesn't start loading at all, I click to start it and it pop up immediately complaining about DirectX. Is there any way to make the game see that there is directX and a graphics card that supports it? I don't think reinstalling the Sims is working. Thanks, for the help by the way.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 04, 20:20:40 by FlannelSpoon » Logged
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 April 07, 01:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had the No_CD crack in the wrong place and the game wouldn't start.  Check that.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 April 07, 02:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All your issues point to having it in the wrong place. Make absolutely sure it is in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin. Make absolutely sure that is the .exe you are double-clicking on. I named mine Sims2EP9crack for clarity. If, going straight from the folder and double-clicking the .exe file works, you have pointed your desktop shortcut to the wrong file.

Don't reinstall the game. No one has told you to do that. It's a waste of your time.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Brynhildr
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 April 16, 01:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a minor but odd problem with installing M&G and figured it'd be safer to tack it on here rather than starting a new thread (if that was wrong, I fully accept that I'm a total retard).

I can't get past the "Installer" which asks me to enter where I am and an email address. I plug in fake credentials and click next ... the bar fills and nothing happens. Ditto if I use a throwaway email address.

What am I doing wrong?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 April 16, 01:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a minor but odd problem with installing M&G and figured it'd be safer to tack it on here rather than starting a new thread (if that was wrong, I fully accept that I'm a total retard).

I can't get past the "Installer" which asks me to enter where I am and an email address. I plug in fake credentials and click next ... the bar fills and nothing happens. Ditto if I use a throwaway email address.

What am I doing wrong?

Why the hell would it ask you your info? Do not try to register it at all. It should ask you, "do you want to register right now?" click NO.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Brynhildr
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 April 16, 01:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the thing. It doesn't give me a choice. It just asks me to enter an email address and click next. There are no other options.

This is the malarkey I get:

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 April 16, 01:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the thing. It doesn't give me a choice. It just asks me to enter an email address and click next. There are no other options.

<snipped launcher image>

It would appear that, whether you installed the crack or not, you are still trying to load the game from the launcher.  Do not load the game from the launcher.  Make sure your desktop icon points to the crack.
1) Rename your no-cd crack something like0 "Sims2EPX-crack.exe" (where X is the number of your latest EP)
2) Copy the no-cd crack into the appropriate TSBin folder (the one in your Program Files\EA Games directory corresponding to your latest EP)
3) right click on your desktop icon, select "Properties".
4) Under "Target" make sure it ends with "Sims2EPX-crack.exe".  Change it to this if it does not.
5) Go to the podium and follow the steps for removing securom.  If you have launched from the launcher, chances are you have installed securom.

Tribulatio proxima est
Brynhildr
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 April 16, 01:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: Oof, reading comprehension is low today.

Cleaning the registry now, will try installing later. All icons will point to cracked exes from now on, if such exist.

EDIT2: Welp, cleaned out the registry and it's -still- giving me the same Installer pop up bullshit when I try to install the pack. Daaamn.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 16, 02:21:07 by Brynhildr » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 April 16, 02:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you have an M&G installer. In fact, I don't think you have an M&G at all. I think you have picked up a trojan.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 April 16, 02:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fellow pumpkin, she is attempting to install, not to run the SP.

Where did you get the game from, Brynhildr?

PS--The hell is up with the Tiny Malaysian Boy? Has he been mainlining Pop Tarts? They were on sale at Walgreens.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 April 16, 03:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you have an M&G installer. In fact, I don't think you have an M&G at all. I think you have picked up a trojan.

I second this.
Brynhildr
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 April 16, 03:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welp.

I got it from where I usually get my pirated crap, none of the comments mentioned any problems with it and Kaspersky didn't detect anything.

Frantically scanning everything now.

I'm an idiot.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 April 16, 03:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not an idiot.  It is all a learning process.  Malwarebytes.org...their free trial version is so sensitive, it will pick up the dialers in TS2 as heuristic dialers.  Which is to say, leave those alone and do not play while online Smiley.  I am almost positive that is what I used when Zone Alarm did not pick up shit and my old compie was riddled with trojans.  Would have to fire up the old bitch to make sure.  And yes, she is virus-free to date.  SUPERAntispyware is also a very keen free program.
Honestly, that does not look like any installer I've ever seen, pirated or not.  Nothing should ever ask for your e-mail or location.  Just a language preference, if applicable.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: