More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 03:58:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Phantom music in OFB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Phantom music in OFB  (Read 12496 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Phantom music in OFB
« on: 2006 March 15, 13:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an odd bug I hit after added OFB -- I finally made it into every existing pre-OFB residential lot, and on every lot with the cheap floor stereo, there was music playing when I first entered the lot, even though the stereo was off. I had to have a sim turn the stereo on and then off to get the music to stop.  And the funny thing is, the music that was playing was whatever selection they last had (i.e., jazz, pop), but when they turned the stereo on it went back to the default salsa. I don't have any boom boxes on existing lots, so I don't know if they have the same glitch, but it definitely didn't happen on lots with the expensive stereo -- only the cheaper one.

Anyone else hit this one?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Phantom music in OFB
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 15, 14:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this glitch in NL-I don't think it is because of OFB. I quit the game and reloaded it, and it was fixed Smiley

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 15, 15:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this since installing OFB, I thought I was going mad.  The weird thing is that I don't recognise the music at all.  I know OFB put some new stuff in, but it didn't seem to be any of those, either.  I suppose it must be, but if so I haven't found it yet.  Very peculiar.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 15, 16:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem in NL too. Was it the small stereo that fits on a desk or was it the small standing stereo? I had that problem with the small standing one.

Also had an issue where the tv sound was on but the tv wasn't. Drove me nuts.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 15, 16:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happened with the expensive stereo in one of my neighbourhoods.

Though I've never heard of the TV doing that before. How odd.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 15, 17:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I installed Uni I notice the stereo was on on some community university lots and in dorms.

After I install Nightlife the music was turn off everywhere.

I install OFB, phantom music plays everywhere there is a stereo.  I also needed to turn on the stereo to stop the phantom music and then turn it off.

I wonder what will happen when we will install the next ep...  Tongue
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 15, 17:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one instance in my home business family where their jukebox was doing that. I think it happened because I had them turn it off and immediately after another sim autonomously turned it on, so I had her turn it off again and the music kept going. Turning on and then off again fixed it though.

The phantom tv kept going though. Even selling the tv didn't fix the problem.  Shocked

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 15, 17:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem in NL too. Was it the small stereo that fits on a desk or was it the small standing stereo? I had that problem with the small standing one.

That's the one -- the small standing one. No problems with the boom box or the expensive stereo in my game.  I just dropped in on a couple of dorms in Uni, and same problem there.  Thank goodness for Merola's mind control mirror -- I got some idle dormies to turn the stereos on and off, instead of having my sim run around the dorm doing it.  Cheesy

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 15, 17:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wish there was a way to lower the autonomous factor of stereos and tvs. Very annoying having to tell them to turn them off all the time, but sometimes I want to let them do their thing.   Undecided But then sometimes, I'm tired of them turning on the tv while relaxing in bed because I am trying to get you to whoohoo, dammit stop watching the sports channel!

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 15, 17:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually keep the steros and things playing alll the time so I have music to listen to, and I've noticed after installing a new EP the stereos will be off everywhere, but the music will still be playing. I just turn them on again and then I can change the stations once more.

What I'd like to know is how to change the stations on community lots where the only apparent "stereo" is the speaker! I nabbed the flower shop from the Bluewater in my test hood (didn't want that area in my real hood) and set it up for one of my Sims in the hood itself. Anyway, there's a speaker there and music's going, but I can't change it and didn't choose it, so it's getting annoying.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 15, 18:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if you put a regular stereo in you can control it?

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 15, 18:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What was annoying(back in the day)when I installed Uni,the speakers were doing that.  You can't turn speakers on and off.  They had to all be replaced(that was before I knew that you only needed one speaker in the back yard.  I also had some computers that where doing that.  I think it was the ones that were on at the time of install.  I haven't noticed it in OFB,yet.  Maybe it only happens to the stereos that are actually on.  Most of mine were off cause I was so sick of the tunes.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 15, 18:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is actually a "bug" that was introduced with UNI.  It happens in every expansion after as well.  The game basically resets all the stereos to "off", but some lots are programmed to have them be "on" at start.  Hence you have music.  This happens on Don Lothario's lot and the Pleasant's lot in a fresh install of the base game and all expansions.
Moonshires
Blathering Buffoon

ESTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 15, 20:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually keep the steros and things playing alll the time so I have music to listen to, and I've noticed after installing a new EP the stereos will be off everywhere, but the music will still be playing. I just turn them on again and then I can change the stations once more.

What I'd like to know is how to change the stations on community lots where the only apparent "stereo" is the speaker! I nabbed the flower shop from the Bluewater in my test hood (didn't want that area in my real hood) and set it up for one of my Sims in the hood itself. Anyway, there's a speaker there and music's going, but I can't change it and didn't choose it, so it's getting annoying.

The only way that I know of to change the music for those, is to choose a different speaker.  Each one is a different color because they only play one station.  Or...if you want to be able to have the normal stations, just pull the speakers off the walls and put in a normal stereo.  Just dont' accidently mark it for sale. Tongue
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 15, 20:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this glitch in NL-I don't think it is because of OFB. I quit the game and reloaded it, and it was fixed Smiley

Same here.
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 15, 23:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, had the stereo bug too after installing OFB. After reading Ruann's post, I'm glad to know it's sort of normal.

I also had the same problem as Jelenedra with the TV. Weird thing is that it wasn't after installing an expansion or doing anything that changes the game's files.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 15, 23:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting this too.

After I installed OFB I sent a couple on a date to Red's Famous 50's diner.  The first thing I noticed was that the music that was playing was from the College Rock station and not the Oldies station like usuall.  Then I tried to make them dance together but could see the option.  Finally I clicked on the jukebox and saw the option to turn it on...

And that speaker in my flower shop constantly plays Techno.  How appropriate is that?
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 16, 16:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way that I know of to change the music for those, is to choose a different speaker.  Each one is a different color because they only play one station.  Or...if you want to be able to have the normal stations, just pull the speakers off the walls and put in a normal stereo.  Just dont' accidently mark it for sale. Tongue

I'll have to try that, then. I just hope the really ugly checkered one isn't the music I want Tongue I'm just used to those speakers piping music to a different floor/outside in residental, so that seems kinda weird, but ah wel...
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 16, 17:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to try that, then. I just hope the really ugly checkered one isn't the music I want Tongue I'm just used to those speakers piping music to a different floor/outside in residental, so that seems kinda weird, but ah wel...

You could place a stereo or a jukebox instead and place the "generic" speakers which will appear as green I think (look for 2 speakers showing the same color, one will be the generic one and the other will play a specific music type) on walls where you want the music to play, some community lots are set this way.  I think that speaker can be found in the miscellanous section in electronics.

EDIT:  The south or north park in the downtown section have a stereo and you can make Sims switch station at any time they wish.
brat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 19, 16:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having this problem also, but it's with buy and build mode as well. Any ideas on this?
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 19, 16:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I noticed now is I cant switch tv stations on it. Whatever comes on comes on. And its stuck on nasty sports.

Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 19, 12:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also had this bug on comm. lots with phantom music . . .

I've always had a problem with speakers on residential lots; they never seem to turn off.  They may not have sound, but the music notes still come out of them, and if a Sim happens to fall asleep where the speakers are, they wake up.  I hate that . . .  I've always had that bug since we first got them (Uni?).  Does anyone know any mods that turn them off when you turn a stereo on a lot off?
« Last Edit: 2006 May 19, 12:39:20 by Avi » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 19, 16:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The speakers are independent of the stereo, and they're really not designed for residental use. There's no way to actually turn them off that I've ever found.  However, Squinge did make a 'noise doesn't wake anyone up' mod that over on insimenator.net and MTS2; unfortunately, it has the negative effect that alarm clocks no longer wake up the sims either.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 19, 23:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wish there was a way to lower the autonomous factor of stereos and tvs.

There was a tut over at MTS2 for this a while back. Never tried it,..... Try searching on TV volume.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 19, 23:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, Squinge did make a 'noise doesn't wake anyone up' mod that over on insimenator.net and MTS2; unfortunately, it has the negative effect that alarm clocks no longer wake up the sims either.
Eh, not quite a major loss. The alarm clocks could never be properly set anyway, and I recall they tend to wake your sims up at the WRONG times anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: