More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 14:48:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Disappearing Mascot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disappearing Mascot  (Read 3961 times)
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Disappearing Mascot
« on: 2005 July 26, 18:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I had a question about a disappearing university mascot.  I couldn't find anything about this on other Sims 2 forums, so I thought I'd ask here.

I've been playing with Pescado's University Clock and kept it on frozen time on all my lots.  I recently unfroze the clock so I could get past sophomore year, played a bit, then saved and quit.  When I came back to the lot sometime later, I discovered I could no longer contact one of the cow mascots that had been a frequent visitor.  She didn't show up in the university phone book at all; I used the Mind Mirror to see if she was invisible on my lot, but she didn't show up, and I used one of the transporters to get rid of all non-residents.  Again, nothing.  I also noticed that there were four cow mascots in the phone book (again, none of them her), so for some reason, she was gotten rid of and replaced by a new cow mascot.

My characters still have Wants/Fears pertaining to the cow mascot.  Namely, one of them fears becoming enemies with the cow mascot, and the other two want to see her ghost.  Frankly, I wouldn't care much that she disappeared, except one of my Sims also wants to drink her, so I was planning on feeding her to the cow plant to end her rather annoying existence.  The two Sims who want to see her ghost also seem to keep getting that want, even though they've had their wants rerolled a few times.

I looked in SimPE and found her character file.  It wasn't unlinked, she wasn't dead, and everything appeared normal as far as I could tell.  She just no longer shows up in my university.  She was only one semester into the game, so I can't see why she's no longer there, unless the game forced her to drop out.  (I don't think it'd force university-related NPCs back to the town?)  Is there any explanation as to why she's gone or how I can get her back?  Would killing off one of the other current cow mascots work?

I have quite a number of hacks - most of Pescado's, twojeff's, Merola's, Inge's, and some of christianluv's- but I've been playing so far fine and haven't seen any other random characters disappear without a trace.

Thanks for any help. Smiley
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
Re: Disappearing Mascot
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 26, 23:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I completely understand why you would be concerned with the inexplicable weirdness, but cow mascots?
I am very sorry that I cannot help. I wish I could make mine stay away.
Yes, I realize, useless post here; but I was just amazed that anyone noticed a missing mascot and was actually upset by it!

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 27, 00:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, not to be rude or anything, but I already answered your question in my original post:
Frankly, I wouldn't care much that she disappeared, except one of my Sims also wants to drink her, so I was planning on feeding her to the cow plant to end her rather annoying existence.  The two Sims who want to see her ghost also seem to keep getting that want, even though they've had their wants rerolled a few times.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 27, 02:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much apologies Embarrassed

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 27, 03:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

S'okay Smiley

I think I'll probably just do some experimenting and see if killing off another cow mascot will bring my missing mascot back.  If not, then hopefully my Sims will stop having the want to see her dead. :x
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 09, 23:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm.  Well, just a note to say that I found the missing cow mascot.  It seems she'd disappeared into one of the dormie rooms, got stuck there, and became invisible.  The Mind Control mirror doesn't seem to always work on Sims who've disappeared into a dormie room, and using Inge's teleporter objects to force non-residents to leave doesn't seem to affect them either (at least, not all the time).  Anyway, after finding her through pure luck (for some reason, she did show up on the Mind Control mirror when I entered the lot this time, and I located her invisible self), I tried resetting her twice with the debugger (which didn't work, she remained invisible), then used moveobjects to lift her out of the dormie room into the hallway, reset her again, and then she became visible and resumed her normal pranks.  Eventually fed her to the cow plant.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: