More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 15:52:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Worryingly Generous Cat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Worryingly Generous Cat  (Read 4902 times)
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Worryingly Generous Cat
« on: 2009 February 07, 02:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used a cheat to get a sim of mine to know everyone in my neighbourhood, so I could ressurect some dead ones via Ressurect-O-Nomitron. Problem is, once I did that, the sims she ressurrected in her house started getting inheritance money as if from a death, but the sim it came from was her cat... who is very not dead. Is this a VBT? No sims have died between the ressurections.

The cat continues life as normal, sitting on her kitchen counter right when I want to use it with his usual vapid stare.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Worryingly Generous Cat
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 07, 03:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... I don't know exactly how much those sims are borked, but up to a certain point sure they are. I suspect some messing up with instance numbers of dead sims: were they premade ones? They could sport the same borkiness of Ottomas' twins.

BTW, I'm not sure that using that cheat is completely safe, expecially because of the bloating that will necessarily occur in relationships' resources; if you simply want to resurrect sims you didn't meet, you may use this hack instead (attached). When the dialog "who do you want to resurrect?" pops up, you'll see every resurrectable sim, and not only those you already know.

* marhis-resurrectanybody.package (0.57 KB - downloaded 209 times.)

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 09, 05:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they were premades... Augh! I should have figured. Maxis couldn't code their way out of a paper bag. D<
... gahhh... Think it'll fireball on me? I hope not. I'm attached to this 'hood. Man, this is the last time I put so much effort into making one...
If you have an idea of what the problem I stupidly caused is, do you know of a way to nip it in the bud and fix it?

Thanks, by the way. I only wanted to ressurrect a handful so I shouldn't need it at the moment, but I'll certainly keep that in mind.
... Gah, mad at myself now. I should have known...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 10, 20:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never ressurrect pre-made dead sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Maygus
Asinine Airhead

INTP: the world exists to be observed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 12, 01:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not even the Tricous?  (They appear to have been placed in the game specifically to be resurrected.)

Game config: Mac version, first 6 EPs (Uni thru BV), Aspyr combo patch, no SPs
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 12, 05:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never ressurrect pre-made dead sims.

Lesson learned, captain. -_-; *salute*
Anyone know of the technical details of the plague I've probably released on my neighbourhood? I'd love to try and fix it if at all possible. I've deleted the tokens and death references in all their memories along with those from everyone they've ever spoken to. Luckily I haven't played them much.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 12, 09:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not even the Tricous?  (They appear to have been placed in the game specifically to be resurrected.)
The Tricous represent a special case, but be careful doing so in a new game, as while they USED to be complete, it is unclear whether their data has been properly updated for new games. Back up before doing it. However, don't even THINK about trying it with the regular deadites.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 14, 04:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was the Tricous if I remember correctly... *facepalm* my sim just brought someone home from work, except said someone is a uni student therefore couldn't possible have been working for them. ... ugh. VBT?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 February 14, 04:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, that's just crazy hobby-related shit.

Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 February 14, 04:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, great. Well that's one less thing to worry about.
... I haven't had any inheritance-related weirdness since I took out the death-related junk in all of their memories and nuked all the gossip about it I could find. Anything I could have missed to fix the dumb damage I caused? Sorry for unawesome n00bishness.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: