More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 04:36:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  So very broken
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So very broken  (Read 4652 times)
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
So very broken
« on: 2006 November 28, 18:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only werewolf in town is dead.  My teenager knows it.  He's not on good enough terms with the LotP to get nibbled and he won't be bringing home an A+ because it's Saturday.  The dog's ghost is active, but he'll never see it because it's impossible.  Without cheating, my only choices are to either kill his girlfriend or electrocute the kid and hope that all he loses is a skill point.  But he lives alone...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: So very broken
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 28, 18:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the world of 4 want slots for ya. Looks like you already have permaplat, so who cares?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 28, 18:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the lot debugger to spin up some new wants.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 28, 18:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's nowhere near permaplat.  A combined First Kiss/Go Steady topped off his aspy meter.

Thanks for the suggestion, Miros.  I'll try spinning up some new wants.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 28, 23:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put him to bed.  Sims tend to re-roll wants when they wake up in the morning.  Either that, or you can cheat or wait for Monday to come.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 28, 23:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive me but i'm not seeing the problem.  He's got a girlfriend, it's saturday morning, so when he needs that asperation boost, send him on a date or send him to a comm lot (mine roll up new wants at that point, usually to do with romantic interactions).  Some of those big point wants he has now should stop rolling up the next day.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 29, 12:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that I'm still seeing the dead werewolf in his friends' aspiration panels.  The wants and fears about curing him or hearing him howl are still there.  The teenager above is just one example of what's going on all over my Pets neighborhood.  My sims wake up, come home from work or a date, and go to bed without losing the dead werewolf and pet ghosts spam.

Edit: I found and fixed the problem - his death token was for someone named Michelle Sims.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 29, 17:22:12 by FrickinIdjit » Logged
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 30, 15:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great that you fixed it!  However, you might want to use nopetsobsession to reduce the pet/werewolf related wants.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 30, 16:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Death Token is not the cause. Death Tokens are not memories and do not show valid owners, that is just a SimPE data misinterpretation. Werewolf-related wants for a DEAD werewolf will eventually fade when the want tree expires on its own, and without the presence of the living werewolf to refresh it, will not reseed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 30, 20:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you again, Miros.  I have nopetsobsession.

The Death Token is not the cause. Death Tokens are not memories and do not show valid owners, that is just a SimPE data misinterpretation. Werewolf-related wants for a DEAD werewolf will eventually fade when the want tree expires on its own, and without the presence of the living werewolf to refresh it, will not reseed.

You're right.  My sims still show wants and fears about him.  Is it safe to assume that his townie lover will one day lose her fear of falling out of love with him, too?
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 30, 21:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this will help, but I had a Maxis-made Sim who kept worrying about cheating on her dead husband, for a reason unknown to me.  I used the tombstone of L&D to add him to the household, which brought up the message that he'd died on another lot and would return there.  After that she recognized the fact that he was dead and quit obsessing.  I don't know whether this will help in your case -- probably not, since the circumstances are somewhat different, and since Pescado has already spoken and I bow to his superior knowledge (no sarcasm) -- but I thought I'd mention it.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 30, 21:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Denise Jacquet had an occasional fear that she'd catch her dead husband cheating but I just ignored it.  Nutso fears aren't bad but wants about dead werewolves are tough when you're playing with only four slots.  I wonder how long it takes for the want trees to expire?  The kid in the example grew up two days ago and still wants to hear the dead werewolf howl.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: