More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 17:47:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hood has gone all flat and black!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hood has gone all flat and black!  (Read 2247 times)
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Hood has gone all flat and black!
« on: 2007 June 30, 17:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok this is taken from another forum, She is a friend that is having the same issue as mine, so I have taken her explaintion of what happened to her and then at the bottom you will find a link to show you what has happened to mine.

having a problem with one of her custom naybs... first she created 5 custom naybs and placed about 4 of the pre-made farmhouses in each one... Then she created her very own... private place neighborhood which was the 6th custom one... plus the Maxis four...

When she first entered the "private place" nayb everything was okay, and she added about 10 houses, and then she made a custom Bluewater in this nayb too... and she put in every storefront that was available from lots/bins... Then when she went back into her custom nayb all the houses were flat and the ocean water was black...! Now the next morning when she went in again, all the houses were normal looking as well as the water... and then in the afternoon when she went in, it was houses flat with black water again...

So after that she took out all the custom naybs except for her "private place" nayb... and now this one nayb continues to fluctuate with flat houses/black water and back to normal... When she goes into a particular house to upgrade it and/or play the sims... the house looks completely normal and is fully playable... It's only in the neighborhood view that the houses and water are glitchy... 

Do you think her nayb could be corrupted somehow...? Her comp is new with
1 Gig RAM, 320 GB HD, Intel Mom Board w/ Dual Core 2.6 Ghz, ATI Radeon X700 512MB... and a partridge in a pear tree... (JK !)  I have no clue as to what is going on... so I hope that some of you techies can help us figure this dang thing out... 

Now this is my story and pics to show what we are both experancing, also we are not the only two on the other forum that have had this happen.  But we are all stumped on how to fix it.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=170142

I hope someone here can help.
LordBanxter
Asinine Airhead

Simocidal Psychopath

View Profile
Re: Hood has gone all flat and black!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 30, 17:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first glance, it looks like it could possibly be a shader problem.  I'll be the first one to admit that I don't know all the intricacies of TS2 code, but I've had that happen in other games.  How "new" is her new pc?  There's a good chance the problem could be solved with either a catalyst (ATI/Radeon) update or there's a patch from AMD for dualcore cpu's that stabilize them for games/programs that were written before the advent of dual cores.  Will edit with the link to the AMD patch, I just had to DL it a few months ago after reformatting my HD.

That was quicker than I expected, it's the "dual core optimizer" patch, first listing on this page:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

Johnny was a chemist's son
Johnny is no more
What Johnny thought was H20
Was H2S04
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Hood has gone all flat and black!
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 30, 18:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give that a try but I have already updated my ati, I stated that as well in my little "story"  and it only worked for a few short seconds.  When I moved my mouse it all went flat again.

My pc isn't really new, new, mine is about two years old.  But the woman that is having issues hers I believe is a few months old.  All her specs are listed in the op as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: