More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 16:40:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I am broken! (Or maybe sleepclock. Dunno.)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I am broken! (Or maybe sleepclock. Dunno.)  (Read 3258 times)
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
I am broken! (Or maybe sleepclock. Dunno.)
« on: 2007 April 02, 05:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More or less as the subject states, I am having a major dysfunction and cannot figure out how to get sleepclock to work.  Cry

I've checked every clock I have, maxis and custom ones, and none of them have any options other than the usual. (Set For Work.) I've checked every folder I can think of to check to see if there's a custom clock that has all these settings, and I cannot find one. I've checked my sim's pie menu both when a clock is on the lot and when there isn't (just in case!). I've checked the bed's pie menu. I've installed Bathroom Uses You, even though I didn't particularly care to use it, because an offhanded comment four pages deep in some thread or other suggested that it was required.

Why am I defective?  Angry

Could someone point me to where I can find the pie menu options? And/or list what other mods are required to make it run? Thank you in advance - I've been wanting to use this hack ever since I saw it.
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: I am broken! (Or maybe sleepclock. Dunno.)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 02, 07:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be in Electronics > Small Electronics. It should look like the CyberChronometer Alarm Clock, but with the CC star/astrik. If it isn't there, you probably should redownload the hack.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 02, 07:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm alt-tabbed from something I ought to be doing so I can't start up Sims to check, but I've re-downloaded the hack a couple of times now, most recently today.

I'll check for it in an hour or two. I don't know whether to hope it's that easy to fix, or hope that it isn't because then I'm not *completely* stupid.  Roll Eyes
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 02, 08:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only other thing I can think of is that another custom clock is overlapping the sleep clock. Try taking out all your downloads except for the sleep clock and see if it shows up then.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 02, 09:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had another CC clock that was a recolor of the CyberChonometer clock... I never used it anyway, so I deleted it and reloaded and poof, there it was.

How weird.

At any rate, problem fixed, and thank you for your help!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 02, 10:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only other thing I can think of is that another custom clock is overlapping the sleep clock. Try taking out all your downloads except for the sleep clock and see if it shows up then.
If another clock is "overlapping" the sleep clock, that would mean someone cloned the sleep clock and never bothered to change the GUID, then proceeded to revert it back to the Maxis clock, or intentionally stomped the sleep clock's GUID. Why? The logic of this eludes me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 02, 10:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got this particular clock from a site on geocities or something, the name of which escapes me... but judging from the quality of the few other items I got from there, their illogial behavior doesn't surprise me in the least.   Undecided

That'll teach me to download things from strange places.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: