More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 04:59:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I broke Controller - Urnstone Mover, apparently
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I broke Controller - Urnstone Mover, apparently  (Read 2629 times)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
I broke Controller - Urnstone Mover, apparently
« on: 2009 June 18, 06:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disclaimer:  This is not in a clean game, but I don't think this problem has to do with CC.  Also, this is the first time I've loaded TS2 since The Horror came out.

Upon loading an apartment lot with one apartment on it, I repeatedly got the attached error.  It does not stop popping up until I hit delete, which I'm guessing is probably a Bad Thing, so after deleting I quit without saving.  It claims that Lot 139 is missing.  I looked in my Neighborhoods/N004/Lots directory, and lo and behold there is no file for Lot 139.  A review of some earlier SimSheet-related SimPE output reveals that Lot 139 was a non-flat lot I downloaded from TSR a long time ago, which some of my earlier sims lived in, and eventually moved out of.  The lot was eventually bulldozed during a neighborhood touch-up.  I don't believe anybody died there, though there might have been a pet or something.  I'm not sure what the apartment lot or its denizen has to do with this, and I successfully loaded and played a non-apartment lot earlier.

If it's a CC problem I can fix it, but it looks like I might have fucked something up bulldozing that lot.  Halp?

ETA:  Error definitely seems to be apartment-related - I loaded two different lots, an apartment and a non-apartment and it popped up only on the apartment lot.  Note that Lot 139 was not an apartment and was installed long prior to AL.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 18, 06:47:21 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: I broke Controller - Urnstone Mover, apparently
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 18, 06:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like one of your urnstone tokens contains fucked-up data. Use the Batbox to clear all the Urnstone tokens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 18, 06:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  I assume this can be done from any lot?  Will it cause urnstones to disappear, or are urnstone tokens for something else?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 18, 07:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urnstone tokens track the motion of urnstone across lots. They are not necessary once the urnstones are settled securely in their final destinations. Also, they will regenerate, hopefully non-corruptly, if killed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: