More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 22:23:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Career Reward Objects Goddammit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Career Reward Objects Goddammit  (Read 3944 times)
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Career Reward Objects Goddammit
« on: 2006 December 10, 18:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am trying to raise someone from the dead on the Tricou lot (into a zombie slave but that's not important right now) but I can't select the Death Phone to call Grimmy. 

The phone was acquired pre-Pets with a Aspiration/Career Rewards collection I got from MTS2.

I thought it might be that that is the problem so I did some fiddling about:

1. I made Jennicor the top of the Paranormal career but I can't buy her a career reward in the conventional way either and she still can't use the phone
2. I removed most hacks and tried again (no difference) and anyway I can't see anything that looks as though it is a potential conflict
3. I looked at various other lots including one with a sim who is also in the paranormal career - I couldn't buy him a phone from the career rewards section either (yes, he is far enough along in his career to get one) or from the collection catalogue
4. I can't seem to use the career rewards collection on the Tricou lot or any other - none of the objects are buyable although the aspiration rewards are

I forced an error on the existing phone (attached).  Does anyone have any suggestions?
« Last Edit: 2006 December 11, 00:58:25 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Inteen for AL, yay!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Career Reward Objects Goddammit
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 10, 23:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must be a hack conflict -- I used TJ's career reward collection to get a resurrect-o-phone for a uni student who wanted to turn a recently dead sim into a zombie, and it worked fine. I have all the EPs and SPs.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 10, 23:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have TJ's pets-compatible buyable career rewards?  You have to buy them through build mode now.

I just had a fingerprint scanner disappear when I sent a sim to use it, and found I couldn't buy one in my existing collection, so I came here and found TJ had a new one for pets.  Maybe that's what you need.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 11, 11:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - sounds like the collection is no longer working.  I'll try TJ's (I didn't know he'd made one) and I'll hustle back over to MTS2 and let the maker know there's a problem with Pets.  Thanks for your help both of you.

Inteen for AL, yay!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 11, 11:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just FYI, you don't get career rewards for reaching the top of a career. A career reward is given on a certain job promotion. So if you cheat and go straight to the top, you will miss out on it.
This is also a problem with one or two uni careers (forgot which ones), if your Sim has the relevant major and gets the job through the computer, s/he will start the job at a level past the point where the career reward would be given. Obviously not an issue with harderjobs, or applying through the newspaper.

You can shift-click the newspaper to get any career reward, or use the cheat unlockcareerrewards to give all to the current Sim.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 11, 18:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, maybe. Last time I bothered with the career rewards was OFB pre-p1.

---

Where is the post I was just replying to?  Huh
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 11, 21:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Jordi - talking to yourself?

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 12, 01:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just FYI, you don't get career rewards for reaching the top of a career. A career reward is given on a certain job promotion. So if you cheat and go straight to the top, you will miss out on it.
This is also a problem with one or two uni careers (forgot which ones), if your Sim has the relevant major and gets the job through the computer, s/he will start the job at a level past the point where the career reward would be given. Obviously not an issue with harderjobs, or applying through the newspaper.
Uni fixed that already, you will receive your career award even with advanced starts. This lets you kinda scum them without harderjobs by just applying to everything on the computer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 12, 11:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick update

1. I was able to buy and use a new phone for a paranormal career person in another lot and the Tricou's now have their zombie slave.  I adjusted the memories to suit.

2.  I was still not able to buy and/or use the existing phone on the Tricou lot, so it must be the lot that's at fault there.  There seem to be a lot of annoying little bugs on that lot - e.g. the two teenagers are missing from the family portrait (loading) though both are present on the lot.  I haven't played that lot since I raised them and don't intend to play them much.  I just wanted another zombie in my neighbourhood.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: