More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 21:33:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ask for lessons..... offer lessons problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ask for lessons..... offer lessons problem  (Read 4458 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Ask for lessons..... offer lessons problem
« on: 2005 July 26, 16:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have a household of four adults (all maxed on skills) and on child.  The child is at 6 or 7 on most skills except for body.  When I click on the obstacle course and select "ask for lessons from...." the action is immediately cancelled.  In fact, the "power idle" house only moves slightly to the right and back again.  If I click on an adult and select "offer lessons to...." the action is again immediately cancelled.  I can teleport both people to the OC and do it again and nothing happens.  If I tell the adult to "be instructor" they won't teach anyone anything.  This is all with free-will off of course.  The child can use objects herself with no problems.  I just want her to have an instructor.

Any ideas?

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Ask for lessons..... offer lessons problem
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 26, 16:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has to do with the ADHD priority queuing: No command can be queued after an "ask" or "be asked", or it will be immediately stomped. Since power-idle detects when something is queued after it, then terminates and requeues itself to the end, it will stomp anything that is intolerant of having things queued after it. The Skillinator sidesteps this by directly pushing the relevant Asks at user priority. If you tell the adult to "Be Instructor", this is basically the same thing as Power Idle, with slightly different aggressiveness settings and idle-actions, and when you tell somebody to "Gain X" in the Skillinator, he will seek out an instructor. Are you having the child "Gain Body", or are you just telling the adults to "Be Instructor" while no students are around?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 26, 17:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I told the adult to "be instructor" then told the child to "ask for lessons."  I didn't realize the asking was redundant.    I'll go back and try it again....  Will ALL sims ask for an instructor if their skill is lower than another on the lot?  Or does that just apply to children?

Chris

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 26, 17:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Be Instructor" is in the Skillinator tree because it is meant to be used with the Skillinator. Any sim with adequate skills (too low and a sim is not considered a valid instructor, even if his skills are higher, because he's being held in reserve for a field he has expertise in) can instruct in a field, and any sim using the Skillinator in conjunction with the presence of valid career awards will automatically seek out the Instructor. You are not supposed to do this manually! If you want to MANUALLY ask a specific person for a lesson, clear all queues and then "Ask for Lesson, Concentrate". Choosing "Concentrate" after giving the order will let you queue ordinary commands after it without the ADHD wipeout.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 26, 17:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to have her ask for a specific person because everyone else was busy.  This particular household I've had a lot of problems with the power idle and ADHD though.  I can't get them to relax on the bed long enough to even click "try for baby".  They lay down, then immediately stand up again.  I had to turn off the power idle and then have them lay down, immediately tell them to daydream, then do the same for the second sim.  They wouldn't read either, only daydream made them stay put.  Is this because they were not tired and fun was full?

Chris

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 26, 18:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Relax on bed has ADHD issues also. Generally, if you want them to do this without Xing anything out, you tell them to relax simultaneously so they'll both be in place long enough for you to tell them to woohoo. Lots of commands tend to exhibit ADHD issues if you tell your sims to try to do things in the high-motive state that Power Idle will maintain for you. Since your sims tend to be pretty comfortable, well fed, and soforth under Power Idle, they won't really want to do anything for very long.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: