More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 13:57:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  handheldfix doesn't work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: handheldfix doesn't work  (Read 4255 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
handheldfix doesn't work
« on: 2005 October 07, 03:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In spite of being in the "legal" list of hacks - handheld fix doesn't work, and causes schysophrenia when a single sim plays with it.

I thought perhaps EA fixed it in NL, and took it off the Downloads folder.
When giving my sims order to play with it - one hated himself -100, and one loved himself from +66 to +100, with a sign of love.

Then I put it back; it didn't cause crash between two sims playing with it, but certainly changed the self-relation of a single sim playing with it, from +56 to +100, with a sign of love.

Can this hack be updated for NL?  Thanks.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
Re: handheldfix doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 07, 03:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it is quite annoying. I've had several Sims  get crushes on themselves wile  playing handhelds. At least, I think that's what happened. I've seen several strange crushes pop up  with Sims I haven't been playing.

I think I'll get rid of the handhelds untilthe hack's updated. They aren't really worth the hassle, anyway, especially since I can't seem to get Sims to Play Handheld with one another anymore.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 07, 03:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

twojeffs has a handheld fix updated for NL.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 07, 03:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was no detected difference between the pre-Nightlife handheld code and the post-Nightlfe handheld code. I've double-checked the diffs myself. Therefore, the hack should still be required, and should still function. Verify that it is properly installed and that you don't have a conflicting hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 07, 04:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those handhelds are just buggy and annoying, my sims count themselves lucky to own a cellphone. I don't buy any other electronic gizmos nor do I buy the extra computer games. I never buy the remote controlled car either. So far, touch wood, I've had few electronic based problems.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 07, 04:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never buy the remote controlled car either. So far, touch wood, I've had few electronic based problems.

From what I've heard about the remote controlled car being buggy and causing all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff ups within the game, I wouldn't touch that with a 12 foot barge pole  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 07, 04:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the remote control car once when I was starting a legacy back in December and didn't know it was evil. I sold it because I got tired of them wanting to use the damn thing all the time.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 07, 04:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly, that car's been fixed in NL, but my NL objects.package file got corrupted shortly after I used it and Mrs. Crumplebottom hasn't been bitten by a vampire in my game so I can't see what else would have caused it.

Also, the noise of the car moving kept playing quite loudly over and over even after the sim stopped using it and even after I sold the damned thing back and got rid of it. Thankfully, the noise went away when I exited and reloaded the lot the next time.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 07, 17:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the handheldfix of Two Jeffs, and it works perfect with NL.

How come the handheldfix of JMP doesn't work with NL? It worked perfect in Uni.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 11, 05:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to put the no gizmo wants hack back in because I forgot how annoying those things are.  I had had it and deleted the Frat's gizmos.  Every moment that they had was playing those stupid handhelds.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: