More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 00:39:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I broke the Matchmaker, a little girl, and possibly the world.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I broke the Matchmaker, a little girl, and possibly the world.  (Read 2562 times)
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
I broke the Matchmaker, a little girl, and possibly the world.
« on: 2009 May 02, 20:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other day I was playing a family in which the girl was about to age to a teen. When she did, she looked nothing like she had as a child, and in fact had the pizza lady's face template and eyebrows. A change of appearance fixed this, either that or reset her to Face 1, I wasn't entirely sure.

So I removed my EA Games folder and regenerated a new one and put the SavedSims and Downloads folders into the new EAG folders and began to play. When I loaded up my first lot, the Matchmaker showed up in the hair and outfit of a Bodyshop sim of mine. I began to wonder if I had, in fact, broken the universe.

I think this might have something to do with me trying to extract dead sims and doing other nefarious bad things with SimPE and failing on an epic level. I just want to know if I have indeed borked myself, in which case, who cares, as Sims 3 is coming around the clubhouse turn.

(excuse crappy picture quality. I forgot to change the settings.)

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: I broke the Matchmaker, a little girl, and possibly the world.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 02, 22:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have almost the same problem, tho mine is one of the waitress NPC's being mixed up with one of the maid NPC's.  I could have my sim go to a restaurant and interact with the waitress NPC, it would be her face/name in his contacts list, but everytime he'd invite her over to his home, the maid would show up.  She'd have the waitress's name and pic in his wants panel, even tho the maid looked nothing like her.  I ended up killing the maid, then the waitress showed up for dates with no problem.  This also happened in a prior install and i was surprised when it happened with this current install.

I don't mess around with SimPE (my phail at understanding SimPE, let me show you it) so i never use it.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
Re: I broke the Matchmaker, a little girl, and possibly the world.
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 02, 23:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have almost the same problem, tho mine is one of the waitress NPC's being mixed up with one of the maid NPC's.  I could have my sim go to a restaurant and interact with the waitress NPC, it would be her face/name in his contacts list, but everytime he'd invite her over to his home, the maid would show up.  She'd have the waitress's name and pic in his wants panel, even tho the maid looked nothing like her.  I ended up killing the maid, then the waitress showed up for dates with no problem.  This also happened in a prior install and i was surprised when it happened with this current install.

I don't mess around with SimPE (my phail at understanding SimPE, let me show you it) so i never use it.

Good to know I'm not alone. It doesn't seem to be causing any real problems, except the massive confusion that everyone's faces being mixed together brings, but then again, my disk copy of the game is about four years old.
*puts on her pirate hat* Disks? Where we're going, we don't need... disks.

Yeah, I don't know a whole lot about SimPE, but I use it anyway, which is why I bork on a regular basis. Oh well.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: