More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 23:16:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TROUBLES WITH RIVERVIEW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TROUBLES WITH RIVERVIEW  (Read 9076 times)
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
TROUBLES WITH RIVERVIEW
« on: 2010 July 12, 17:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'm tired of playing in Sunset Valley. I got Riverview but I have a lot of problems. First, I want to say I have read the topics about this but found no solution. I enter the neighborhood, there is not city hall, school, medical center, corporation, spa and others I can't remember. I tried to make new lots of these type so I could replace them, because in the build mode ALL THE BUILDINGS from Riverview appear... even those that don't show up. Ok... I go to change lot type and none of the no-existing lot type appears, (I can not create city hall, medical center, spa, school, etc.).

I don't know what to do. I uninstalled it, decrapyified it and re-installed it and the same thing... And I don't know why in the main menu of the game I can choose Riverview twice, like if it were installed two times... I THINK I downloaded it and installed it just one time... some help?Huh?? Tired of Sunset Valley since Twinbrook crashes when I try to go to any community lot... thanks...
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: TROUBLES WITH RIVERVIEW
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 12, 19:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you installing it through the installer tool or are you doing so manually, by dropping the world into the world folder? I ask because the objects from Riverview are separate from the world file. I believe someone has a link here to just the objects. Try re-installing just these and see what happens.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 13, 03:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm doing it through the installer. I think I'll look for the objects... but I think they're installed since I can see them in the build mode in Community Objects Categorie... so I don't know.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 13, 20:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you installing it through the installer tool or are you doing so manually, by dropping the world into the world folder? I ask because the objects from Riverview are separate from the world file. I believe someone has a link here to just the objects. Try re-installing just these and see what happens.

The world file itself should generate the needed Riverview objects or sim files. When installing the world file through all the convoluted ways that did not include the sims3pack, like merely putting the .world into the core files, the objects files were created when the game ran, and appeared in the WorldCaches folder just fine.

I think I'll look for the objects... but I think they're installed since I can see them in the build mode in Community Objects Categorie... so I don't know.
Look in your WorldCaches folder in your Sims 3 folder under Documents. There should be a Riverview_objects.package and a Riverview_sims.package. Mine are 512,975kb and 33,757kb in size, respectfully. Yours should be that size as well.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 13, 22:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those cache sizes change whenever playing though, depending on where the Sims went and what objects and Sims were loaded since the last play. The world file that is located in the program files under Sims3/gameData/shared/non-packaged folder is the one stays consistent (I think). It shows 76,424 for Riverview and 78,403 for Sunset on my computer.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 14, 00:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those cache sizes change whenever playing though, depending on where the Sims went and what objects and Sims were loaded since the last play. The world file that is located in the program files under Sims3/gameData/shared/non-packaged folder is the one stays consistent (I think). It shows 76,424 for Riverview and 78,403 for Sunset on my computer.

They seem to stay the same for me.
Also, My Riverview file in Installed worlds, installed via the launcher (I got it to work), has always been 76,424, it's size has not changed. I thought the caches for the worlds were always static. I actually purged the Riverview ones not that long back. Doesn't seem to make a difference. I thought it was the saves that got larger and larger.

Edit: never you mind on the size thing. I've purged them again. The sizes are now smaller.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 14, 03:53:50 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 14, 02:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The world file itself should generate the needed Riverview objects or sim files. When installing the world file through all the convoluted ways that did not include the sims3pack, like merely putting the .world into the core files, the objects files were created when the game ran, and appeared in the WorldCaches folder just fine.

I think I'll look for the objects... but I think they're installed since I can see them in the build mode in Community Objects Categorie... so I don't know.
Look in your WorldCaches folder in your Sims 3 folder under Documents. There should be a Riverview_objects.package and a Riverview_sims.package. Mine are 512,975kb and 33,757kb in size, respectfully. Yours should be that size as well.

Well, mines are: Riverview_objects.package: 166.535Kb and Riverview_sims.package: 12.906Kb. What does that mean?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 14, 04:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: morriganrant

Well, mines are: Riverview_objects.package: 166.535Kb and Riverview_sims.package: 12.906Kb. What does that mean?
[/quote]
Probably nothing, I seem to be wrong about the objects sizes. However, I somehow have the issue myself now.
Are you positive that all the Riverview objects appear? Because after deleting my worldcache files for Riverview and letting them respawn, the building objects are not in my game. The caches are there, the buildings for Twinview and the Base are there, but Riverviews are not, and now my town has no rabbithole buildings in place unless they were not hood specific.
Go here and compare the names to the ones in your game:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Military_base

Also, for curiosities sake, does your Riverview hood have the proper description in the main menu or is it blank or gibberish, and do your lots in town have the proper name or are they something along the lines of "World\Riverview\Lot name:" ?
« Last Edit: 2010 July 14, 04:31:14 by morriganrant » Logged

Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 14, 06:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: morriganrant

Probably nothing, I seem to be wrong about the objects sizes. However, I somehow have the issue myself now.
Are you positive that all the Riverview objects appear? Because after deleting my worldcache files for Riverview and letting them respawn, the building objects are not in my game. The caches are there, the buildings for Twinview and the Base are there, but Riverviews are not, and now my town has no rabbithole buildings in place unless they were not hood specific.
Go here and compare the names to the ones in your game:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Military_base

Also, for curiosities sake, does your Riverview hood have the proper description in the main menu or is it blank or gibberish, and do your lots in town have the proper name or are they something along the lines of "World\Riverview\Lot name:" ?
[/quote]

Yes, the description appears... in the two Riverviews I have installed (Don't know why I have two of them)... I also verified the names of the lots and the sims and they're ok... I still see the buildings of Riverview, I don't remember the names... I'll have to go to check that now... Now I'm not sure...
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 14, 06:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thew buildings are there, I recognized them by the CC logo on their images, these are all I have in the buy-mode catalog and all that are missing in the neighborhood:

-City Hall (there are three of them)
-Sunflower Spa
-Truelong Community School
-Doo Peas Corporate Towers (There are two of them)
-Soil and Water Research Facility
-Country Care General Hospital
-Fort Salas Military Base

I'd just create a lot of these types and put the buildings from Twinbrook or Sunset Valley, so I could evite this issue... BUT, I can't create lots of these types just in Riverview...
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 14, 07:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just fixed my issue by removing the cache files, and removing the Riverview.world file and reinstalling, I did not uninstall Riverview, just deleted those files. I also have a Riverview.world file in my core files, as outlined in the DBC Torrent thread. Apparently, the last time I rebuilt my store stuff.dbc using the launcher, Riverview screwed up somewhere.

Since you have two, did you check the second one? Are they both like that? If you have two, then for some reason the game thinks they are different, it should have told you it was already installed.

You can't place the objects down? Try using the moveobjects on cheat and placing the building objects into the locations they are supposed to be.

Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 July 15, 03:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just fixed my issue by removing the cache files, and removing the Riverview.world file and reinstalling, I did not uninstall Riverview, just deleted those files. I also have a Riverview.world file in my core files, as outlined in the DBC Torrent thread. Apparently, the last time I rebuilt my store stuff.dbc using the launcher, Riverview screwed up somewhere.

Since you have two, did you check the second one? Are they both like that? If you have two, then for some reason the game thinks they are different, it should have told you it was already installed.

You can't place the objects down? Try using the moveobjects on cheat and placing the building objects into the locations they are supposed to be.

Yes, the both have the same problems.
And, that wouldn't solve the problem: I can't create that lot types, so I'll stay with no city hall, etc...
I'll try what you tried... 

Thanks.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 July 15, 06:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the both have the same problems.
And, that wouldn't solve the problem: I can't create that lot types, so I'll stay with no city hall, etc...
I'll try what you tried... 
Thanks.

When my town had that problem, the lots were still there, and they were still clasified properly, they just didn't have the rabbit hole objects on them. I would definitely try a reinstall. Try different copies of the Sims3pack file too.

Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 July 15, 17:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried deleting the world file and the cache files... didn't work... I didn't uninstalled it, as you said...
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 July 16, 01:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried deleting the world file and the cache files... didn't work... I didn't uninstalled it, as you said...

But did you reinstall it? OR you can go to the .dbc torrent thread in pudding factory, download the riverview.world file, and put it where the thread says to in your core files. That's actualy the only location I can even get my game to read custom hoods from oddly enough.

Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 July 16, 17:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But did you reinstall it? OR you can go to the .dbc torrent thread in pudding factory, download the riverview.world file, and put it where the thread says to in your core files. That's actualy the only location I can even get my game to read custom hoods from oddly enough.

I can't believe that even doing this, those stupid buildings don't appear... as I said, I must be cursed. Thanks a lot for your help, Morriganrant, but I give up with this.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: