More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 11:54:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Unable to retire pet from job
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unable to retire pet from job  (Read 2607 times)
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
Unable to retire pet from job
« on: 2007 February 03, 19:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all the expansion packs and for all my sins have installed the Pets patch. I have quite a few hacks by Pescado, TwoJeffs &  Syberspunk but I'm pretty sure they are the latest versions.

Tank (one of my dogs) turned into an elder and I got his owner to ring up the pet's work so Tank could retire but I keep getting an error message stating that the object must refer to a person. I have tried using a mobile and also a normal phone but cannot get Tank to retire.

I don't think it is either Syberspunk's callprivateschool or Pescado's phonehack that are causing the problem as I have tried to retire Tank without those hacks in and I still get the error message.

Would someone please have a look at my error log and give me some idea of what to remove?
« Last Edit: 2007 February 04, 01:31:52 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Unable to retire pet from job
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 03, 23:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same two hacks and it isn't preventing my Pets from retiring. Sorry, I don't see anything in the log which would prevent it.

Do you use other job or phone related hacks? One hack I do not use is Syberspunk's uni career mod.

//edit: I see Pesc has updated his job fixes for PetsP1. Did you update this one yet?
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 04, 00:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha, hopefully that will do the trick. I checked the index of hacks earlier today and it hadn't been changed so it must only be a few hours old.

Thanks heaps  Grin
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 04, 08:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JMP has a hack (probably the one mentioned above) that prevents the "owner gets demoted when pet retires" bug.  That bug has also been "fixed" in the patch, so it's probably a conflict.  Try disabling or deleting JMP's hack.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 04, 20:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has been sorted - not at the time of me posting this thread but a few hours afterwards the updated pets jobs package was released.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: