More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 14:24:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Driveways playing up in apartment lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Driveways playing up in apartment lot  (Read 3137 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Driveways playing up in apartment lot
« on: 2008 September 16, 08:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a lot. It tested fine originally. Now I'm getting driveway extension errors when I try to load it, even without any hacks.

I deleted the lot, replaced it from the lot bin. Still throwing errors. Any ideas?

[attachment deleted by admin]

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
Re: Driveways playing up in apartment lot
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 17, 06:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having driveway issues too - my driveways are appearing sideways in lots with no options to rotate them back the 90 degrees to the right direction they should be on the lot...bulldozing and deleting a lot and making a new one doesn't change anything either...am only using awesomeware, latest edition of the AL DC.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 18, 14:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the opposite problem with driveways: can not make them go sideways by deleting sidewalk tiles on the far side of the street. In fact I deleted all sidewalk tiles. The driveways do turn, but 180 degrees, not 90 degrees I want.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 19, 06:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the opposite problem with driveways: can not make them go sideways by deleting sidewalk tiles on the far side of the street. In fact I deleted all sidewalk tiles. The driveways do turn, but 180 degrees, not 90 degrees I want.

I'll swap you my borked driveways for your borked driveways then Tongue

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 15, 00:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To Lion:  You needn't delete tiles for the driveway to turn itself.  I turn the moveobjects cheat on, and the tile at the end of the sidewalk gets replaced with a new tile... usually the same concrete color.  Which direction your driveway rotates depends on the location of the sim's sun.  And you can't save the lot then move it in the neighborhood to try to change the sun angle.  So if you are wanting a sideways drive, try it as soon as you place your lot.  If it doesn't work, delete the lot and place it at a different angle and try again.  You can get the driveway to rotate to either side.  Once you have deleted the sidewalk tile though, that's it.  You won't be able to place straight driveways in that lot anymore. 

To Kiki:  That doesn't sound good.  Do you have cheats that automatically start up?  I don't know of a cheat that turns the driveway, but something to look at I guess.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: