More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 21:07:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Installed FT now school's out forever and Grim's on vacation...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installed FT now school's out forever and Grim's on vacation...  (Read 4009 times)
venicia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Installed FT now school's out forever and Grim's on vacation...
« on: 2008 August 11, 23:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After refusing to get FT for month I finally gave in and got myself a copy.
Ever since then I have had nothing but trouble with my game.

All the following happens in completely fresh installations with no CC and my normal hood with all my CC and hacks in place.
Boolprop does not throw any error message for any of the scenarios.

1. I haven't seen a school bus since I installed the EP.
No matter the age of the child no school bus will come to pick them up, but if the family owns a car I can sent them to school that way and they will attend just fine.
If I try to call the headmaster I instead get a list to crank call Sims. all other phone option work fine.
Grades do not drop, but improve normally for the "car-kids".
Work carpools are fine.

2. Grim’s a coward. When someone on the lot dies they just become an urn/tombstone. Grim only ever shows up translucent for fraction of a second. Elders don't get Hulas anymore either.
I get no chance to plead with him, no matter the cause of death.

3. None of the chat options that FT added show up for me even though object interactions are there and work just fine.

4. This is the one that bothers me the most, even though it's not a game stopper anymore.

A few days after installing FT my game would not load anymore. It'd just drop out of cue without a warning or error. I eventually managed to narrow this one down to my main 'hoods character folder. I looked at it in SimPe and all the names were screwed up. Some females had male names and vice versa. Absolutely nobody still had the name I had given them. All the NPCs had what I assume are their German names.
After getting rid of the character files my game loaded again just fine and all the names are where and in the language their supposed to be in game.
But now every new neighborhood I make has the same screwed up names in SimPe.
I'm more interested in figuring out what could be causing this than how to fix it.

Because I have absolutely no  idea if my specs matter at all her, I'm going to post them  in hopes of not missing something for once:

Vista ( I know, but I like it better than XP)
Quad Core Q6600 ~2.4GHz
2046 MB RAM
DirectX 10
Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT 1246 MB
SigmaTel High definition Soundcard

All drivers are up to date

I'd be grateful for any ideas how this could be happening or how to fix it.

This signature has been abandoned...
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Installed FT now school's out forever and Grim's on vacation...
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 12, 04:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're hosed.

Don't know what may be causing this, except maybe somehow you installed the German version of FT on top of a non-German version of the base game?

You can try dragging your entire user folder out of My Documents to the desktop, start the Sims, and let it regenerate a fresh folder, and see if that works. But if you truly have no CC, it's something in the *executable* folder.
venicia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 12, 06:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your answer.
 The German version thing is pretty much impossible as I reinstalled twice just to make sure I had indeed installed it in English.
Regenerating a new folder doesn't do anything. The same problems occur there, too. In case it matters, all my discs are European versions.
Though apparently the 'hoods get screwed the first time they get loaded. If I copy one of the original neighborhoods and put it in the game everything looks fine in SimPeuntil I enter it for the first time. Then it gets completely corrupted and has to be deleted before my game will start again.
Making a new one in game doesn't cause that problem.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 12, 08:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few days after installing FT my game would not load anymore. It'd just drop out of cue without a warning or error. I eventually managed to narrow this one down to my main 'hoods character folder. I looked at it in SimPe and all the names were screwed up. Some females had male names and vice versa. Absolutely nobody still had the name I had given them. All the NPCs had what I assume are their German names.
After getting rid of the character files my game loaded again just fine and all the names are where and in the language their supposed to be in game.
But now every new neighborhood I make has the same screwed up names in SimPe.
I'm more interested in figuring out what could be causing this than how to fix it.

As I see it, that's a SimPE issue. I have all EPs and SPs installed in English, too, but in the sim browser, all townies, NPCs and CAS sims have German names (where gender seems to be assigned randomly to CAS sims). The only sims showing the correct names are those born in-game. This doesn't seem to have an effect on the game itself, though.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 12, 17:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That *does* raise a question whether you've updated SimPE. I've never seen German NPC names, myself.
venicia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 12, 21:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, my SimPe is up to date. I only downloaded it on my new PC so I could check this 'hood out.
I guess this isn't so worrisome afterall if it centers on SimPe and not the game.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 13, 14:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That *does* raise a question whether you've updated SimPE. I've never seen German NPC names, myself.

It depends on what version you're referring to. I have SimPE for FT, but not sure if it's the version including K&B. But if I recall correctly, I'd seen the same pre-FT as well. Anyhow - the interesting part is that the Sim Browser shows the correct German townie/NPC names (as already mentioned, it's just the CAS sims being randomly named). Seems like SimPE checks the OS language settings, not the game language settings.

« Last Edit: 2008 August 13, 14:57:34 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

venicia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 13, 21:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes sense. I re-checked my SimPe and I'm currently running v.0.68. The About info Text is in German, too even though I know for sure I didn't indstall the german language pack.
I also looked up the German names, too, because other than Schmusehaschen, I had never seen any of them before. You're right, though only affects my CAS sims.
Well, thanks for clearing that up for me. One thing to remove from my worry list.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: