More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 18:22:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Expressions and Const - A SimPE query
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Expressions and Const - A SimPE query  (Read 3141 times)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Expressions and Const - A SimPE query
« on: 2007 February 03, 18:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In every file I've looked at, these two words appear in a majority of the BHAVs. I've looked at them, and I've tried to crack their code, but I am at a loss. Could anyone who is more knowledgable than me explain what these terms and the subsequent numbers mean?

I have 3 hacks that I'd like to work on, and I have a feeling that I'm going to go nowhere until I understand what these mean.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Expressions and Const - A SimPE query
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 03, 21:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An "expression" is a singular, statically-typed, signed 16-bit variable assignment. A "const" is a Behavior Constant (or BCON in Edith lingo). It simply denotes a signed 16-bit value.

Expression is what Edith uses to move these values around, like a "statement" in most other languages (only a lot stupider).

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 04, 05:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what do I make of these 16 digits? What is the significance of the zeroes, the x, and the singular letter?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 04, 07:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like the equivalent of a variable name, only in hex.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 04, 07:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what do I make of these 16 digits? What is the significance of the zeroes, the x, and the singular letter?
Err, that's the notation of a hex number. If you're asking this question, then clearly, this is not a Kutto thing to be doing.

"Expressions" are basically your generic assignment/comparison statement. The "expression" opcode, 0x02, basically does the simple scutwork of variable and constant (both TS2 "constants" and literal constants) manipulation. Setting things equal to each other, comparing things, adding things, subtracting things, etc.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 04, 15:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I highly suggest reading the basic tutorials at MTS2.  Echo and AdidasSG2 have some well written elementary tutorials that explain what these things are, and how the hex values correspond to examples of different kinds of expressions.  Some of the tutorials even have diagrams and figures.

Ste

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 04, 18:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err, that's the notation of a hex number. If you're asking this question, then clearly, this is not a Kutto thing to be doing.

Yeah, it's probably way over my head. I thought I'd give it a try anyhow.

I highly suggest reading the basic tutorials at MTS2.  Echo and AdidasSG2 have some well written elementary tutorials that explain what these things are, and how the hex values correspond to examples of different kinds of expressions.  Some of the tutorials even have diagrams and figures.

I looked at those when I tried to do the zombie mod, but they didn't seem useful at the time. I'll have a look at them again and see what information I can absorb.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: