More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 22:15:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Annoying Santa
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Annoying Santa  (Read 22026 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Annoying Santa
« Reply #25 on: 2006 December 17, 06:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite option would be dcabesoft - a default replacer mesh with a servicable hanging package, but there's a problem with it at the waist. Fit sims look fine, so far as I remember, but median and fat sims are sliced in two, with fat sims having and over-extend belly and suddenly skinny pelvis/legs. I really wish someone could fix that. -muttergrumble- As it is, I can't remember where it's from, or find who made it, or how to fix it.
Yes, I remember those.  I think all of the ones that modified the lower body male mesh were like that.  That's why crammyboy's add-on doesn't have that problem.  It works differently and has it's own controller and everything.  I used one of the default mesh replacements for a while, but it was very disturbing when they got fat or pregnant.  As I recall, someone had asked about fixing this at MTS2, and they said there was no way to fix it.  Tongue
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 December 17, 11:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are working anatomically correct mesh replacements, so there must be ways to fix it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 December 17, 11:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are working anatomically correct mesh replacements, so there must be ways to fix it.

Most of the ones I've seen were some variation on clothes files. I'll stick with crammyboy's mod--maybe not the most perfect aesthetically, but simple to use, consistent and virtually foolproof.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 December 17, 12:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exnem's mesh just replaces the male nude mesh.  It's not as customizable as Crammyboy's, but that's also the advantage; you don't have to fiddle with it to get it to match the skintone.
If you have a lot of nudity and/or partial nudity in your game, then you probably need the diversity of Crammyboy.  Personally I'm just disturbed by the lack of bits when my sims shower, so a mesh replacement does the trick for me.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 December 17, 15:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering, how do i get santa to come to my sims house?

Well, first you have to have the 2005 Holiday pack, or the latest one that combines both.  Then you need a christmas tree in the house. And finally, have one of your sims bake some Santa Cookies and leave them on the table or counter before going to bed.  Santa will usually turn up sometime that night.

(At least, I believe that's how it's supposed to work -- for some reason, I've never actually done it yet. Smiley Probably because most of my sims' houses are too small for the original tree, which was huge.)

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 December 17, 17:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to the want-to-electrocute-my-Sims thing... Doesn't the Tombstone of Life and Death have a Death Creator attachment?

The guns work nicely but kids can't use them.  Personally I use the flamingo of doom!!! and Merola's multi-mirror. This gives me the ability to kill anyone in a myriad of ways, plus the ability to decimate 1 in 10 walk-bys  Cheesy

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
Hana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 December 17, 17:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks jsalemi. Gonna try it right away. Not forgetting to place that reindeer outside. Just wanna see what happenes to santa. heee
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 December 17, 17:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the Tombstone of Life and Death have a Death Creator attachment?

I think it's a seperate thing in the boolprop cheats, not part of the Tombstone of L&D, but yeah. There's definitely a "death creator", and I've used it many a time.  Grin
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 December 17, 23:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's my imagination, but the Christmas trees seem to be extremely fire-prone.  I have yet to be able to leave one with the lights on for even as much as 24 hours without it catching on fire.  Anybody know of a hack to reduce the probability of a Christmas tree fire?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 December 18, 00:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're asking the wrong crowd. If it were a hack to turn a christmas tree into a blazing inferno of death...

wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 December 18, 04:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I remember those.  I think all of the ones that modified the lower body male mesh were like that.

All the body mesh stuff more than a year old suffered from bone-assignment/skin-weighting related issues. Tops had a neck and waist gap, bottoms had a waist gap, shpulders were blocky and some, as was pointed out, had no fat morph.

Crammyboy surely wins so far for the cleverness of his solution.

I would like to see someone come up with a base mesh that had equipment, a morph to show it in performance mode and custom animations and BHAV to make the transition happen. Hasn't happened yet, but I can dream it will... I also think the same techniques could be used to make bouncing breasts.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 December 18, 13:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're asking the wrong crowd. If it were a hack to turn a christmas tree into a blazing inferno of death...

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Christmas tree fires per se.  (My hood is very overpopulated at the moment and I actually took out Pescado's firemod so that I'd have more deaths when a fire occurred.)  The issue with the Christmas tree is that the chance of fire doesn't appear to be random at all.  I took a look at the code and from what I can tell, it seems to set the tree on fire exactly 12 hours after you turn on the lights.  Every time.  There's no randomness to it whatsoever.  As an experiment, I tried modifying the time between fires, which is stored in a BCON.  This appears to work, but it's still not random.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 December 18, 18:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same experience with the Christmas tree and quit using it.  Carrigon has a hacked Christmas tree that gives toys, and I believe she hacked it so it doesn't catch on fire.  I don't know if that's what you're looking for though.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 December 18, 20:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know someone made a inflamable Christmas tree when the first holiday pack was released, but I haven't been able to find it again this year.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 December 18, 21:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think those are by one of the guys at Carrigon's place (Sims2workshop, whenever it is up). Deadly fireworks, deadly tree fires, etc..
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 December 18, 23:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the new 'christmas tree on a diet' that comes with the 2006 holiday pack isn't quite as prone to fires.  I haven't checked it with SimPE, but I'm pretty sure I've had one in a house more than 12 hours and it hasn't gone up in flames yet.

Edit: Nope, it's just as prone to fires as the old one.  A bit after 12 hours on the lot, and whoosh -- it burst into flames.  Good thing I had it in the yard, though with the intense fire hack it took out most everything in the yard and took the firemen 7 sim hours to put it out. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 December 19, 15:09:56 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2006 December 21, 11:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, first you have to have the 2005 Holiday pack, or the latest one that combines both.  Then you need a christmas tree in the house. And finally, have one of your sims bake some Santa Cookies and leave them on the table or counter before going to bed.  Santa will usually turn up sometime that night.
I told my wife (who was taking pictures of her sims in front of a christmas tree for some contest) that it's possible to have Santa come visit, and talked her through it with the same instructions. Santa came, hohoho'ed, dropped a remote control car, hohoho'ed some more, leaked in the urinal, and hugged the family, who all cheered when they saw him, then ate a cookie and disappeared.
What we didn't know is sometimes the tree gets turned on without anyone touching it (as far as us actually clicking on the tree and "turn on"..). Well, Santa came again even though we didn't put out cookies or send the kids (teens) to bed. This time, he arrived, hohoho'ed, and made with the "oh so hungry, need food in mouth" hunger desperation move, then dropped a lump of coal and disappeared. O_O
Always make your cookies! XD

Exnem's mesh just replaces the male nude mesh.  It's not as customizable as Crammyboy's, but that's also the advantage; you don't have to fiddle with it to get it to match the skintone.
If you have a lot of nudity and/or partial nudity in your game, then you probably need the diversity of Crammyboy.  Personally I'm just disturbed by the lack of bits when my sims shower, so a mesh replacement does the trick for me.
Yup. I could care less about what goes on under sheets, etc.. I just want them to not make me shriek like a cartoon housewife seeing a mouse every time they spin to nude for showers, streaks, and all those type things.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 December 21, 13:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I finally tried to get Santa in one house and he showed up as soon as the Santa Cookies were done.  Didn't leave a present though, as far as I can tell. I got rid of the tree in that house as soon as I played it again, though, thinking of the other house where the yard burned down. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 December 22, 07:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! The Christmas tree catches fire and the reindeer decoration shocks sims? Is this Christamas of Death or something? Pretty morbid for a Holiday Pack if you ask me! Tongue LOL! Can a sim die from the reindeer? That "pet" interaction is mighty tempting, but I don't want to kill my sim with it.

Dream

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 December 22, 07:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's just like any other type of electrocution, if your sim's motives are low enough, it could be lethal.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 December 22, 11:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see someone come up with a base mesh that had equipment, a morph to show it in performance mode and custom animations and BHAV to make the transition happen. Hasn't happened yet, but I can dream it will... I also think the same techniques could be used to make bouncing breasts.

Sounding like a DOA scenario...

Inteen for AL, yay!
miss bree
Banned!

Let your heart lead you, not your mind

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 December 25, 22:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's so simple: enable the moveobjects hack and delete him! Or just put a door that disallows men ender the bathroom.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 December 25, 22:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, miss bree:

Stop with the annoying BBS-type posts.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 December 25, 22:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or just put a door that disallows men ender the bathroom.
Oh, yes, that's a great idea.  I'll just let all the men in my household pee on the floor.  That will save me a lot of trouble on the ONE DAY A YEAR I feel like inviting Santa over.
Please, please go away and stop giving advice about things you obviously don't understand!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
miss bree
Banned!

Let your heart lead you, not your mind

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 December 25, 23:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ecxactly! That's the spirit! But if you have many men in your household you sould hire a maid to mop the floor. Now, by making your men pee on the floor appears another problem. They need to have a bath. I also have solutions to this:
Solution1: Put a bathtub in another room
Solution2: Download the "hygienic deoderant" from www.modthesims2.com . You'll smell like a meadow just after ome seconds.
Pretty effective, huh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: