More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 15:32:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How can I pass on a Bussiness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How can I pass on a Bussiness  (Read 11178 times)
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
How can I pass on a Bussiness
« on: 2006 March 07, 12:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before the Launch of OFB i heard that a sim can pass on a bussiness to someone eles such as thier children, But upto now I cant find an option for this.

I have a mother who own a toy shop and she has two children, both of whom are now adults, the both pretty much run the shop on their own now and I just want the mother to be able to pass on the bussiness and move out for a nice and early retirement.

So I ask, is thier any way to do this, and If thier isnt what will happen to the shop if I move her out, will the shop close.

I would try it but I just dont want to have to start the bussiness again with her daughter as it has alot of loyal customers which I dont want to loose.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: How can I pass on a Bussiness
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 07, 12:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I *think* (without having tried it) that you need to have the mother give the deed to the child she wants to be the business owner.

Unsouper
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 07, 12:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeh but that just it,  I can't find an option for this.
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 07, 12:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what they meant is that when they die, their family gets the business.
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 07, 12:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O right, Well I dont really want to kill her, lol.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 07, 12:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from the guide

1, put deed up for sale (not revelant so I won't type it all)

2, Sims can transfer deeds to adult or older sims in their household with the "Propose /Transfer Lot Ownership" interaction. no money changes hands.

3, The Owner can place the deed on the lot and they or any adult or older member of the household can use the Transfer ownership interaction on the deed itself. no money changes hands.

theres more but for what matters to you is the ownership/deed gets transfered with the business "as is" so you won't lose anything, not even customer loyalty or a puddle of piss on the floor - if there is one *laughs

Oh! cool, you can order an extra copy of the deed (if yours was lost or you just want an extra copy to hang up on the wall) via phone/cell phone's "Order Deed" interaction.
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 07, 12:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that, I will look at that now.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 07, 12:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your welcome, I hope it actually works the way the guide says  Roll Eyes
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 07, 13:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I cant find any options like what your mentioned, I have nothing that mentions deeds at all, and nothing in her inventory either. This is a Home based bussiness though so maybe the deeds options only apply if you have bought a comunity lot.

Anyway I have moved the business owner out of the house and the business panel is still there like it was before with the same ratings and whatavyou so Im just goin to continue like this, Dont know who the business is officially owned by anymore though. LOL.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 07, 13:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still waiting for my copy from Amazon, but I got the Prima guide for it over the weekend, and it appears to me that only off-site/community lot businesses are owned via a deed.  Home-based businesses are treated as part of the household, just like the TV or beds, so whoever lives on the lot is by default the 'owners'.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 07, 14:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens to the deed if the business owner dies before passing on ownership?  Does the business just become available for sale again?

Karen
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 07, 14:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens to the deed if the business owner dies before passing on ownership?  Does the business just become available for sale again?

Karen

if I remember right, it passes to the sim that has the best relationship with the newly deceased sim (which could me a friend/lover/familymember)
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 07, 16:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The guide says that a business is inherited by a teen or older who is:

1. The member of the owner's household with the highest lifetime relationship to the owner.

2. The owner's closest married or blood relative.

3. The owner's closest friend.

4. Reverts to the community.

Within each category, relationship score trumps age.  If the owner has a spouse, and they have a (teen or older) kid living at home, and the offspring has a higher lifetime relationship with the owner, the offspring will inherit rather than the widow(er).  That might explain how Gilbert Jacquet owns the bakery, rather than Denise.

If two sims have the same relationship score, the elder inherits.  It's always annoyed me that if a sim had twins and named them, for instance, Zara and Anne, they'd display alphabetically in the family panel rather than in birth order.  That problem does not occur with inheritance.  If a sim leaves twin offspring (teen or older) behind, and has the same relationship with both twins, the elder will inherit.  If the offspring were created in CAS, they inherit in order of creation as well.

If a sim has just moved out, s/he is immediately considered to no longer be a part of the household, even if the cab is still pulling away when the Grim Reaper is finishing up.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 13, 00:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a home business, ownership is transfered on death of the sim who owns the business to another member of the household. 
This is only a transfer of title.  Any perks gained by the business must be transfered to another sim before death.  The owner has a Pass Along interaction to accomplish this.

I decided to test this by having one of my elders buy a community lot business just before he died of old age.  The deed transferred to his daughter (closest living relative), and it was there in her inventory immediately after his death.  You get a message when the Sim dies indicating who inherited the business.  Unfortunately, I forgot to look for the "Pass Along" option to transfer the perks, so I guess they're gone for good.  Oh well....

Karen
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 13, 02:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.  Unfortunately, I forgot to look for the "Pass Along" option to transfer the perks, so I guess they're gone for good.  Oh well....
Karen

This takes some time as you can only pass one perk at a time. So you would need to start well before death was imminent to get all of them.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 18, 21:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm bumping this thread because I want to know if in a home business where you are selling craftable items, will the items in the main owner's inventory be passed to someone else in the household when he dies? Or do you just lose it all?

Should I start moving things manually from his inventory to another's when his life bar starts looking full?

I suppose this applies to community lot businesses as well.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 19, 09:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the Sims, you really CAN take it with you - someone kicks off with a packed inventory, they're taking it all to the graveyard. So empty it out before he meets Grimmy.

Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 19, 17:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.  Unfortunately, I forgot to look for the "Pass Along" option to transfer the perks, so I guess they're gone for good.  Oh well....
Karen

This takes some time as you can only pass one perk at a time. So you would need to start well before death was imminent to get all of them.

Or you can just not worry about it since gaining all the perks is incredibly trivial to do with barely any time or work invested in it.  Buy a cheap community lot, sell incredibly cheap crap for a day, hit rank three, sell the lot back to the community, repeat.  3 perks a day (or more) and in four days you're ready to build a real business with ease.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 19, 18:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good thread, I was wondering how that all worked since I haven't had any business owners croak yet.
Also good to know that all the passing on needs to be done through the interaction.  I figured but wasn't entirely sure how the perks worked.
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 22, 14:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys,  Has anyone figured out how to move you home business from one lot to another without loosing business rank and your loyal customers.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 22, 14:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't be done. Sacking your business on a home lot sacks your business data. This is why if you plan to move, run your business on a community lot, which will retain it stats even when you move, give away, or sell the business, as long as it doesn't fall into the hands of a nonplayable sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 22, 15:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks JM,   just wanted to make sure before I moved them out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: