More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 11:16:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Casual Romance Issue
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Casual Romance Issue  (Read 6107 times)
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Casual Romance Issue
« on: 2007 January 30, 11:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey,

I was going to post this under TJ's thread but it said that it's been 60 days since someone posted there...Anyway, I'm using the casual romance mod in my game because I have poly families and I want to control jealousy.  Also, I want certain sims to knock up certain other sims and using the CR mod with the pregnancy chance at 100% guarantees this.  Now, maybe I'm not using this right or maybe I haven't found where this is explained here (but I have searched) but is this mod supposed to always be "on"?  Or, can I only choose casual if the the interaction would actually be casual, i.e. the two sims in question's relationship is not high enough to do the normal romantic interaction?

I ask this because this is what's happening in my game - I don't always get the "casual" menu option and this really sucks because even if the sims are 100/100 I still want them to casually woohoo, et al, so as not to trigger jealousy, since I have poly households and slutty sims who aren't possessive and just shouldn't be bothered to be jealous in the first place.

Please help!

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Casual Romance Issue
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 30, 11:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've got jealousy turned off at the token, the normal Maxis coded interactions shouldn't cause jealousy either.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 30, 11:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're not getting the casual options, it may be because one of the sims in question doesn't have a token.  Check under the "tokens" option and see if there is an option to add a token to a sim.  Otherwise, in my game at least, all sims with more than a minimal/negative relationship score will have casual options.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 30, 12:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to post this under TJ's thread but it said that it's been 60 days since someone posted there...

I've noticed that it's okay to ressurect the mod threads. I think this is appreciated right now, actually, because TJ and rohina are working on a manual/FAQ thingie. But I'm sure they'll see it either way.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 30, 12:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's been 60+days since anyone posted it isn't ACR you're talking about, but the old version.

Try going to http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4691.0.html and downloading the modern Automatic Casual Romance. It is on all the time.

The old Casual Romance was only as directed by you.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 30, 13:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I don't want autonomous casual romance, I want it only as directed by me, so I'm not using ACR.  I have no idea what tokens are or how to set them up and if it's something done with simpe, I can't do it since I'm on a mac.  Anyway, to give an example of what's happening, i have a female sim who I want to be a slut and I also want to knock her up by a particular sim.  I was able to have her casually woohoo with another sim (so the option was at some point available) but the option does not appear with the sim I want to impregnate her, and neither does try for baby for that matter, and at this point, they're mutually 100/100.

I just want to know if I have my settings wrong or if I need to do something specifically so that I always get the casual option in the menu.

As for having jealousy turned off as a token, again, I have no idea what that means, but I do have jealousy turned off for the whole lot using the CR controller (phone book stack thingie) but the normal maxis romance interactions still do trigger the good ole bitch slap fest.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 30, 13:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tokens are only used by ACR, not CR.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 30, 14:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can still use the newer ACR and turn autonomy off (per sim, per lot, per kinds of sim or altogether I believe - tons of options). It's a better system because it integrates better and you do have so many ways you can set it up. That way the no jealousy will be on all the time but they'll only act as directed by you. And also, you'll be using the mod that is being updated and stuffes Smiley I've found it pretty user-friendly, after the initial 'how do I do all the tokens thingie' (that took a minute) I haven't really had any trouble figuring out how to make it work the way I want. I am a try it and see what happens person tho so ymmv.

Unsouper
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 31, 00:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm...ok then I'll use ACR if I can truly turn the autonomy off.  Thanks!

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 31, 07:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the older non-autonomous CR - you don't have to set anything up when you use it unless you want to change the default settings.  It should be on all the time.  However, the sims do have to know one another to get the options and some of the options won't show (at least at the default settings) until their relationship has developed to a certain degree.  You can alter this with the controller.

Inteen for AL, yay!
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 31, 11:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... I vaguely recall that... once the relationship is high enough, you lose the "casual" options, as you mentioned.  I forget exactly what that threshold is... but my guess is that, probably if the couple is in love, then any interactions between them aren't really considered "casual" anymore.  I'm not sure, as it has been awhiles since I've read the documentation.

Ste

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 31, 18:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I don't remember either. I know the flirts and kiss options disappear once in love, but I don't think the woohoo options disappear.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 31, 23:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to use Casual Romance before ACR existed.  The woohoo options didn't disappear once in love.

I used CR woohoo for my married couples, as an alternative to "try for baby".  It introduced an element of randomness into when the next generation was produced.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: