More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 18:42:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Talk to plants broken
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Talk to plants broken  (Read 4148 times)
leiela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Talk to plants broken
« on: 2008 September 20, 12:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok i've recently installed bon voyage and Freetime, giving me all expansions upto freetime (i havn't got apartment life yet)

My game seems to work fine for the most part and i've made sure all my hacks etc are freetime compatible, however i seem to have lost the ability to "talk to plants" i can still talk to tree's but not to plants.

Most of my hacks are awesome ones the only none awesome ones i have are "ACR, Inteen and insiminator" which are apparently "freetime compatible"

Any idea's whats causing it??
Keksich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Talk to plants broken
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 20, 13:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."

"Friend!!"
leiela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 20, 13:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any other hacks that do roughly what inteen does?? i'm looking specifically for the ability to have my teens work / get pregant and get married ... kinda vital for my neighbourhood.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 20, 13:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose you could flag them as adults yourself using SimPE. I'm not sure, though.

INEPT INTP
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 20, 22:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem. It went away once someone else on the lot gained a gardening badge (just a bronze one). Try that if you can.

Inge:We judge by God's own criteria of correct punctuation and inspired fightliness.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 21, 05:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any other hacks that do roughly what inteen does?? i'm looking specifically for the ability to have my teens work / get pregant and get married ... kinda vital for my neighbourhood.

Don't worry about it; they always do that. You can keep inTeen as long as you make sure it's updated and you don't complain about it here. Also, when you get AL you might have to remove it, 'cuz it hasn't been updated for it yet.

The best thing to do would be to remove your hacks (and all custom content) and to see if it still happens. If it doesn't, do a 50/50 shuffle with your hacks to find which one is the culprit. If you don't know what that is, search here for it. I think it's even a sticky. If it does still happen, then maybe someone here can help you.

Or I could be totally wrong...
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 21, 10:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in the FAQ.

A binary search simply involves moving half of your hacks. Here's a simplified specification:
1) Observe problem condition and make a note of it.
2) Quit the game.
3) Move half your hacks in the "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder to some other folder. This other folder should always be a new folder.
4) Restart the game.
5) If you observe the problem condition again, go to step 2.
6) If you do *not* observe the problem condition, quit the game and swap the location of the most current set of hack halves you moved. Then go to step 4 (or 3 if you feel confident in your file management skills).
7) Once you only one hack left in the game, make note of that hack and see FAQ about reporting bugs etc.

INEPT INTP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: