More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 05:21:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BFBVFS. Debug options showing up without debug mode.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BFBVFS. Debug options showing up without debug mode.  (Read 9803 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
BFBVFS. Debug options showing up without debug mode.
« on: 2006 March 23, 05:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is something seriously screwed up about my game.

Debug interractions are showing up when I'm not in debug mode. Obviously the first thing I did was remove all custom content. Still happening. I even let the game regenerate the default neighborhoods, thinking maybe it was just one messed up neighborhood. Still happening.

The interractions show up when one sim clicks on another sim . The two that most commonly show up are "Debug - Super Duper Hug" (there 100% of the time, for all sims except toddlers) and "Debug - social DL test" (seems to be for kids only, and shows up randomly).

I'm going to be extremely pissed if this really is a problem with my installation. I have not had to reinstall the game since before Uni. But since this started as soon as I installed OFB, I kinda have the feeling that OFB is the problem. I had all my objects.package files set to read-only and forgot to undo that before installing. Think that caused it?

Fail.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: BFBVFS. Debug options showing up without debug mode.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 23, 05:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also get this. Not the Super Duper Hug, but the social test I get. I also had it right after installing OFB. I hope it's not a BFBVFS, as I've played all the way up to this point without one major glitch. I think it's more of an OFB problem...at least, I hope.
pinhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 23, 06:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm. Are you running any hacks when this menu show up?
this happened to me when i was trying to eliminate the global sim pie menu of my moveinall mod.
are you using moveinall v2? if so, try remove it from downloads folder and see if helps. Let me know if is caused by it.
i was thinking that i had fixed this before release the v2 in MTS2. Anyway, maybe other hack that
use the social dl test to create a sim pie menu is screwed. Probably is mine, but i don't see this in my game.

i will take a look here later.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 23, 06:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there's times that when you use the "Spawn..." action the the debug menu that instead of spawning something it creates an social interaction, but that's only in the family it was created in and it usually has an asterisk before the action. *Talk>Cory's Group Talk for example.  Also, the actions tend to not work at all.

I'm guessing that a hack also might have stuck it there when a house was downloaded, but chances are you've already taken the precautions for that not happening in the game.

As for the objects.package being the problem, it could have been possible but OFB does have an objects.package by itself and I doubt OFB really edited those files unless you didn't have NLp2 installed.  I don't think it's a BFBVFS, but don't take my word for it.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 23, 06:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never fiddled with my objects package, so I doubt that's it.

I do, however, have a boatload of hacks, so I guess it's one of those that's causing it...
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 23, 06:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed EVERYTHING while I was trying to figure out what was causing these options to show up, so there's no chance of a hack being the problem.

The "debug - social" does nothing, but  for adults "debug - super duper hug" is just a regular hug.

I guess I'll continue to ignore this until I have reason to do otherwise. So far, nothing else is going wrong with my game.

I'll restart the game and disable custom content, and see if that does anything. Just in case the game is pulling a hack from who-knows-where.

EDIT: Nope, still there.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 07:09:17 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
pinhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 23, 22:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SaraMK, i was thinking about your problem and maybe in your Userstartup.cheat file (located at my documents/ea games/the sims 2/config) has something to
do with this problem. Anyway, i'm not sure. I know that using simPE in extra/preferences has an option to enable debugmode that will
include the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in your userstartup.cheat file. If the option is unchecked, will change to "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false"
try edit this file using windows notepad. Or, make sure that in SimPE this option is unchecked there.

Is the only thing that i can imagine causing this without any hacks instaled.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 26, 04:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Figured it out.

It was the Control This Sim Mod. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=140314

Update 2006-03-23: Fixed a problem with the fallback GUID. This problem would cause an instance of the Maxis Social Download Test example to replace my plugin in the event you uninstall this hack's package file. Unfortunately, this caused undesirable behaviour: A couple debug menu options appeared, including one about a "super duper hug". Sims would also autonomously do the "super duper hug" thing. The latest version of this hack doesn't have this problem, and will nuke any Maxis Social Download Test objects it finds, as these should never exist in the game. See post #44 for more details

Basically, even when this hack was REMOVED, the debug options STILL appeared. So, there was no way to tell that it was a hack causing it.

I'm just glad it seems to be fixed now.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 26, 04:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, this is what happens when you use non-awesome things.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 26, 04:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, this is what happens when you use non-awesome things.

I know, I know...  Embarrassed

Fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: