More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 17:57:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Crashes and AppErrors.log
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crashes and AppErrors.log  (Read 2778 times)
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
Crashes and AppErrors.log
« on: 2006 September 17, 22:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know what I did, but suddenly today my crashing problem is much worse than before (CTD every hour or so, as opposed to every 4-6 hours).

I have no idea what to look for in the logs though. After the latest crash, the most recently-updated is AppErrors.log; down at the bottom (bottom of the list is most recent, right?) are four copies of this:

ERROR envscore: TSEnvironmentScoreManager - object found with negative niceness multiplier (Bed - Double - Loft - E - Head)
.\source\TSEnvironmentScoreManager.cpp(216)

The scary thing is that the file is 964 KB total--even though I did delete everything in my Logs file less than a week ago, so all of it must be fresh-ish. Over 90% of the file consists of the following (repeated over and over and over, with varying hexadecimal id codes):

ERROR TSAudio: Duplicate resource instance id found ff17dd59 with existing 0b9eb87e:2da1f2dd:ff17dd59
.\source\TSAudioResourceManager.cpp(1073)

Other files in my Logs folder that were updated within 15 minutes of the last crash are:

AudioErrors.log (882 KB)
TextureErrors.log (17 KB)
ProductionMessages.txt (42 KB)
AppWarnings.log (17 KB)

Which of these should I delve into, and what should I be looking for? And does the sheer size of some of these files indicate that a BFBVFS is on its way? Any guidance would be appreciated.

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Crashes and AppErrors.log
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 17, 23:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the usual CC-free game launch?
There's some mentioning of a double bed which could be the cause.

Most of my logged errors relate to the TSAudioResourceManager, I suggest someone fires him and recodes a better hire.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
Re: Crashes and AppErrors.log
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 18, 18:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this will help, but my daughter had this problem, not that I looked at her error logs, but her game would dump her to desk-top like clockwork. I tried everything my limited knowledge allowed (through text). Then one day I was over at hers and went through the download folder, the little minx had old Uni fix's in there that she swore she had taken out…Plus she had not updated the "Enable Colour Options" for OFB…LOL

Anyway I deleted them much to her horror and gave her a link to this site and MTS2; as far as I know it did help a lot. Even I was blonde enough to paste the wrong "gorilla walk fix" in after OFB Embarrassed. Sometimes it's just a little thing that is incompatible but makes life hell when playing.    Embarrassed

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: