More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 21:14:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Bodyshop created sims disappearing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bodyshop created sims disappearing  (Read 2328 times)
Bembella
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Bodyshop created sims disappearing
« on: 2007 October 04, 00:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can any of you knowledgeable (and Awesome) people help with this problem...?

If I create a Sim in Bodyshop and try to use it in game, it disappears from the UI as soon as I load the lot although is appears fine in CAS. There are no problems with Sims created in CAS itself. I have Seasons and all the previous expansion packs, am using the Seasons version of Bodyshop and only have Awesome hacks. I've tried searching on various sites and have not heard any mention of this problem - does anyone here know what could be causing this problem or how to solve it?

Thanks,
Bembella
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Bodyshop created sims disappearing
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 04, 01:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you are missing a step?  After you create a sim in bodyshop and save it, you still have to put that sim into the game via CAS.

In CAS, instead of the random sim that comes up (dice icon), choose the select existing sim option (looks like a group of skittles or stick figures to me).  Your bodyshop created sims should be there, if you saved them correctly.

Select the sim you want, give them clothing, aspiration, turn-ons/turn-offs, and zodiac sign as normal, as well as a name, and put them into the game as you would any CAS sim.

Tribulatio proxima est
Bembella
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 04, 10:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can select them in CAS using the skittles/stick figures icon, choose their clothes, aspiration, personality, etc. and put them into the neighbourhood without any problem. The problem arises when I try to move them into a lot - although they appear in the family picture in neighbourhood view, when I enter the lot they're not there. If I return to the neighbourhood and click on the lot they're still shown in the picture as if they are living there, but they disappear again if I re-enter the lot.
Bembella
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 04, 11:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just been doing some testing and the problem seems to have been caused by trying to move the sim into a dorm immediately after moving another sim out. If I play the dorm for a few seconds, I can then move the sim in without them disappearing. So, problem solved (although I have no idea why this only affects sims created in Bodyshop)!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: