More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 08:34:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  saved lot went back in time
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: saved lot went back in time  (Read 2875 times)
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
saved lot went back in time
« on: 2007 July 06, 01:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is a very very bad thing i bet.
ashton has a home business cemetery, a wife, and a baby. before my new play session i plopped my newly downloaded lot debugger and seasons controllers into my foundation. i nuked and fixed, placed the newly deceased and their funeral flowers, then played semi-smoothly for two sim days. on the second day i grew up lucien to a toddler, changed his clothes and hair then began skilling him. ashton and daria retired to their bed to woo hoo. thats when i noticed that the "try for baby" option was not available. no biggie, was going to check other lots before coming here. i check their ages, the acr controller, and the tombstone of l&d. everything seemed fine. i impregnated daria then sent them to bed, saved and then i went to bed. today i installed the beerkeg, sellable juices, and moniques newest relationship remover. heres the problem. my lot has gone back in time two days. my toddler is a baby, i have no debugger or controller, and my sims are reset as if i installed a patch (i.e. dogs sunk in floor, sims poped out of bed). so i checked to see if i had actually saved, i did. daria is pregnant (twins, 0 hours), lucien has charisma/wants/fears, new tombstones scattered across lot, same customers back from two days ago, and no trash memories. when i replaced the debugger i noticed the smite button was still showing the same names from my last play, thus the same customers. its like this weird mishmash of my last two save points.

edit- lucien is still pictured as a toddler in the family loading screen. i tried giving him a bath, changing his clothes, and turning him into a plantsim. next thing i know i am missing ashton, his picture is gone and he is nowhere on the lot. i teleported ashton and three dead sims to the lot. the dead sims brought back the missing tombstones. i checked a few of my other houses and nothing seems amiss for any of them. when i tried to exit my controls were disabled.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 06, 05:16:23 by aubreylaraine » Logged

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: saved lot went back in time
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 07, 01:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This can happen if you have left SimPE open when starting up your game. Don't have a neighborhood or character file open when starting the game, or Stupid Windoze File Blocking will result.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 07, 04:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wish it were that simple. i hadnt touched simpe in a couple of days and my computer is a piece of junk that wont play simpe and sims at the same time.

infj
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 07, 06:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes this can happen if you quit the game and reboot your computer before Sims has shut down properly.

aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 07, 19:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

we've been having some fun rain for a freakin long time now, and now that i think about it the lights flickered and my computer rebooted. Angry

infj
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: