More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 23:10:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims missing from "Send to College"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims missing from "Send to College"  (Read 6620 times)
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Sims missing from "Send to College"
« on: 2007 February 11, 23:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In one of my neighborhoods the list of teens to send to college is incomplete.  All of the playable teens and Downtown teens show up on the list, but the other townie teens and NPC teens are not on the list.  This does not appear to be hack-related, as the problem remains when I remove my downloads and is only happening to this one neighborhood.  Incidently, this neighborhood is a merged Maxis neighborhood of the SaraMK variety.  Also incidently, when I say that the "Downtown" teens are showing up, I am specifically refering to the teens from the Maxis-made Downtown only, not the teens from the other downtown sub-hoods (strangetown and pleasantview to be specific).  Since it's not the hacks, I'm officially out of ideas of what to try - aside from moving the stray teens into playable houses, but that's just working around the problem, not fixing it.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Sims missing from "Send to College"
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 11, 23:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone else had this problem, just trying to find the thread now...

[edit] Here is the thread. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a solution to the problem Undecided

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 11, 23:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably those teens have incorrect age data set. If you have the inTeen, you can fix them by making them selectable, and spawning their biological clocks.
I think I saw some option to "fix age data" on the lot debugger as well, but I'm not sure if this fixes the same issue.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 12, 00:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not killed any kittens, so that's no help.  I'll take a look at them in SimPE - in the morning, since it's almost 2am for me right now.

Edit: I lied, I couldn't resist checking.  I've checked up on several teens, and they were all properly marked as teens with a C grade.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 12, 00:23:19 by Avalikia » Logged

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 12, 00:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem appear in a hood every so often.  I've never seen anything in simpe to mark those teens as different, but then I'm no expert so there's no guarantee that there isn't something there.

Sadly, the only fix I've ever found for it is to trash the hood and start again.  Undecided
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 12, 00:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try the lot debugger to see if the option appears?

In a hood long ago (before OFB) I managed to fix some of my teen townies that had these problems by aging them back to kids, then drain their days left and have them age transition. This should still work.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 12, 01:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem sporadically.  I think the sadorandom number generator is involved, because it's always the kids I want to go to college that aren't available. 

I use syberspunk's Grow Up hack.  Have one Uni student invite the Townie teen to visit their residence, then ask them to "Grow Up."  Presto, instant Dormie!  You even get the aspiration points for wants such as "X goes to college."  You can then let them sit in the Dormie pool or invite them to move in with you. 
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 12, 05:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to make non-playable sims selectable without using InSim, Dolphin at MTS2 has a 'make sims selectable' hack that puts an option in the non-playable's pie menu allowing you to make that sim selectable and then de-selectable once you're done doing whatever it is that you need to do.

Edited to correct wrong information. Thanks, Jordi.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 12, 05:34:05 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 12, 05:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Inteen doesn't do anything with making Sims selectable. You are thinking of the inSimenator.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 12, 05:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to make non-playable sims selectable without using InSim, Dolphin at MTS2 has a 'make sims selectable' hack that puts an option in the non-playable's pie menu allowing you to make that sim selectable and then de-selectable once you're done doing whatever it is that you need to do.

Edited to correct wrong information. Thanks, Jordi.

Why not just use debug mode?  You can make non-playables selectable with that.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 12, 05:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Messes up their state. They become flagged as greeted visitors after doing this, which can and will cause problems if you do this on any Sims other than visitor townies.
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 12, 05:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't you use Merola's mind control mirror for that?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 12, 06:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno, depends on how it does it. The inSim's method is safe, as is Dolphin's. Didn't try any others.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 17, 16:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't you use Merola's mind control mirror for that?

This mod is also a good alternative if all you want is to make Townies selectable/controllable.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 20, 19:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when it comes to work-arounds all I've been doing is using the Inge bush to teleport them to the lot and make them part of the family, then saving and sending them to college as part of a group (typically with their future spouse).  What I really want though is a solution to the problem and not a work-around.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: