More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 05:15:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Fixing the blue-flashers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fixing the blue-flashers  (Read 2521 times)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Fixing the blue-flashers
« on: 2006 August 22, 19:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I have some Maxis object recolours that flash blue.

I went through Buy Mode making a list of the objects with blue-flashing recolours. It took a while, but I have it now.
ad-a quaint barstool, 5 recolours; 
simple sit chair, 6 recolours; 
plasticity chair, 2 recolours; 
stark inspiration chair, 2 recolours; etc

I thought it would be horrendous to match the recolours up with object .package names, but it turned out to be the objects in one folder from MTS2 that was causing all of my blue-flashing. They're all objects that are very old - published in January 2005, when people were just learning about recolouring. I'm guessing that what made them break was some change in the way the game finds textures between the base game and University, except I only got into Sims 2 when University came out, so I don't know anything about that.

The weird thing is, if I go into SimPE, select Tools --> Object Preview & drag-and-drop the recolours onto the big word "DROP", the objects that blue-flash in the game display properly. SimPE is able to locate the Maxis item they are recolours of and apply the texture correctly. This is suggesting to me that there must be some way to "fix" them, but I don't know what it is.

Can anyone help?

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Re: Fixing the blue-flashers
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 22, 19:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like those are pre-University recolors that need to be fixed. There is a batch-fix available, see Numenor's tutorial http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=68184 on how to do it Smiley.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Re: Fixing the blue-flashers
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 22, 20:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks IgnorantBliss! (and jsalemi, who told me that my thread had been updated). I was sure there had to be an easy method. I just wasn't using SimPE properly Grin.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: