More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 30, 04:52:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Problem with Satisfying Stay Home from Class Want
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with Satisfying Stay Home from Class Want  (Read 3613 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Problem with Satisfying Stay Home from Class Want
« on: 2006 August 22, 08:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've been playing a bit of Uni lately... and I have a Pleasure Sim that I just recently moved into an existing dorm. His two older brothers already live in that dorm. Dunno if that would make a difference (I don't think it should) but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

He has a want to 'Stay Home from Class' and I have locked it. His class time I beleive is like 10am to 12pm or something like that. I've had him stay home for two 24 hour periods since he moved in, and the want was not satisfied. I am wondering if this is bug. Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I just doing something wrong and not properly satisfying it. I clicked on the want and the description doesn't help much. I just assumed that not going to class, and/or cancelling the 'Go to Class' icon when it queues up is sufficient. I figured, as long as he stayed home from the duration of his class period, he should satisfy the want. I watched patiently as I sped through the hours of his class time on 3 and no dice. The want remained locked and was not satisfied.

So... is this just broken? Or am I stupid somehow? Or could I possibly have some kind of hack conflict. I currently do not use any kind of daemon tools or sd hider. I currently do not use the kitten killer. I do use the sim version of the puppy killer, but I highly doubt that would be related. I am fairly sure I don't have any hacks related to Uni classes. I do have my uni nopartyassignment hack, but that shouldn't affect classes or wants related to going to class.

Anyhew, just wondering. Hack conflict tools do not report anything out of the ordinary.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Problem with Satisfying Stay Home from Class Want
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 22, 08:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that want has ever worked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 22, 13:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the type of situation where I have no qualms about using the ctrl-click on the want to fill it. The sim met the requirements; the game is broke in not recognizing that; manual intervention is required. Smiley

I also use the ctrl-click to fill most of the talking wants where there are situations where the sims are obviously talking (i.e., eating together, playing chess, watching TV), but the game doesn't recognise it as such. I always thought that 'refusing' to recognize them talking was silly...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 22, 18:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for me that want started to work after the last patch I think. it takes when the last hour passes : I mean (excuse my poor english) that if the class is from 9 to 12, the want will be realised at 12.
Pioupiou
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 22, 18:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for me that want started to work after the last patch I think. it takes when the last hour passes : I mean (excuse my poor english) that if the class is from 9 to 12, the want will be realised at 12.
Pioupiou

That's kind of what I expected, but I sat there and watched pretty carefully while the last class hour ticked away and nothing happened. I guess I'll check again today to be sure, but I'm fairly certain that it didn't work because the lock was still there. I did not see it roll at all.  Undecided

Oh, and I have everything up to FFS and the most recent 2nd patch afaik.

Ste

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 23, 02:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I figured out what happened. I have twojeffs' latest No Finals at Night mod, but I guess the 2nd OFB/FFS patch must have actually updated this and added the check for after the 3 hours to satisfy the 'Stay Home from Class' want. So that's probably why it worked for you pioupiou.

I took at the differences and I edited the file. I also added a check for vampires to ensure their exams are only scheduled between 8pm and 3am to give them enough time to go/come back during the cover of night.

I'll probably post it in twojeffs' original thread. That way, if he wants to incorporate those changes into his official mod, he can do so.

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: