More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 10:10:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Lunch Lady Starving My Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lunch Lady Starving My Sims  (Read 6622 times)
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Lunch Lady Starving My Sims
« on: 2006 August 09, 08:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I started playing today I noticed that the lunchlady in my Sim's dorms isn't doing her job.  She's clearing dirty dishes but isn't making any new food even though the counters are empty.  Everything was working yesterday, but I did download a few things between then and playing today.  The only hack-type thing I downloaded was CB's Eat More Talk Less mod, and I don't recall downloading anything else besides clothes and hair (though it's possible I've forgotten something).  When I instruct my Sims to "Work In Cafeteria" they also only clear plates but don't serve anything.  The problem seems to be related to the Uni stovetop because when I tell my Sims to cook something, the only options are foods that don't require cooking like cereal and chef salads.  I tried deleting the stovetop and replacing it with a new one, but that didn't solve anything.  When I enable the testingcheats I don't get any errors.  And as a matter of note, my hack conflict scanner isn't finding anything, and I have all the expansions but none of the stuff packs.  I have a good number of mods, but the vast majority of them are Awesome.

So what should I try doing?  I think this is the first big problem I've had besides a few spectacular glitches (seriously, I've probably been amazingly lucky so far), so my troubleshooting skills are limited at best.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Lunch Lady Starving My Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 09, 08:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stove is broken. Replace it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 09, 08:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried deleting the stovetop and replacing it with a new one, but that didn't solve anything.
Been there, didn't work.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 09, 08:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried it in a different dorm? It might be a dorm-specific problem.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 09, 09:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this a diagonal wall problem? Diagonal walls have been known to interfere, for some strange reason, with food availability.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 09, 09:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh......burninate the bitch!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 09, 11:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem tonight where sims on a residential lot could no longer cook anything. Replacing the fridge and stove didn't work. Then I left the lot, went some other places, then came back. When I came back they could cook again as usual.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 09, 13:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried taking the "Eat More Talk Less" mod out?  That would be my first thing to try as it concerns food.  It would be unusual for one of CB's mods to be causing a problem, but it could be conflicting with something else and thereby causing a conflict.  I had this problem myself once and deleting the stove didn't work for me, either.  Removing a mod involving food did.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 09, 17:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem a while ago, and I solved it by killing off the current cook and replacing the stovetop.  The game generated a new cook, and I haven't seen the problem since.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 09, 18:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have found the problem.  I've been spending the morning trying various things, and the first thing I found was that CB's mod was definately to blame.  If the mod was there, then the lunch lady wouldn't cook, if it wasn't she would.  But after reviewing the thread and otherwise finding no other reason to suspect the mod, I followed a hunch and tried downloading a fresh copy of the mod and it worked!  Why?  I have no idea, but I suspect that it got corrupted or something the first time.  The computer I used to download it the first time is a virus-infected piece of junk (its OS is Windows 95!), and I used the shiny good computer that I actually use to run the game to download it the second time.  Thanks for the help though, because your comments helped me narrow it down.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 09, 20:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably had an old version of that hack.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 10, 06:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably had an old version of that hack.

Most definitely, because I am currently playing in a dorm with that hack installed and all works as it should Smiley Glad you fixed it!

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 10, 23:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be.  I could have sworn I got it from the same place (the post here) both times, but I've been going to all sorts of websites in my quest to find some good clothing and such so there's always the possibility that I stumbled upon an older version somewhere.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 11, 12:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you installed a new lot, and the person who made the lot had an older version of the hack included in the package file.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: