More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 20:55:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim dies on another lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim dies on another lot  (Read 16922 times)
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Sim dies on another lot
« on: 2006 May 24, 08:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim call over a relative to visit and while the visiting sim was on the lot I was playing, he died.

Now when I go to load his lot that he lived in, which incidentally his wife still lives there, I get 'the application has crashed' message.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Re: Sim dies on another lot
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 24, 09:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried moving the headstone to a cemetary Aussie?  Other than that try having boolprop on and see if you get an error message before it crashes.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 24, 09:59:09 by Simlover » Logged

Axe murdered since 2006
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 24, 13:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all else fails, there's always the usual crowbar method of moving the wife (and whoever else) out of that lot.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 24, 16:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you have left the wife talking on a mobile phone before you exited that lot?

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 24, 22:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the repilies everyone.

Have you tried moving the headstone to a cemetary Aussie?  Other than that try having boolprop on and see if you get an error message before it crashes.

Simlover, he died about a Sim week ago and unfortunately, no headstone has appeared as yet, which is weird  Huh I'll try boolprop as well.

Could you have left the wife talking on a mobile phone before you exited that lot?

ZZ, neither he or the wife owned a mobile phone, so that's not an issue, but thanks for the info  Smiley

If all else fails, there's always the usual crowbar method of moving the wife (and whoever else) out of that lot.

I think I may have to transport her to the daughters lot and move her in, hopefully that will resolve the problem  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 25, 00:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try deleting your groups.cache file, it seems to be doing the trick for everything else.

Axe murdered since 2006
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 25, 00:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try deleting your groups.cache file, it seems to be doing the trick for everything else.

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of........no help though.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 25, 09:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Uni, then you can simply move her out and then move her into the daughter's lot and combine the two households.  And no problems then with wierd enormous amounts of money suddenly appearing in their bank accounts!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 26, 07:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also, afterward, use the FFS lot debugger (is that the one doing this?) to make the tombstone reappear.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 26, 11:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that doesn't work, you could transport your sim to the lot where he died, use the MAKE SELECTABLE option and stick his gravestone into your sim's inventory.  I've moved stones this way without any problems.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 31, 17:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi Broke recently died on the Dreamer lot in my game, she got stuck playing with a doll's house.  I teleported her husband (Hegelian) in, made him selectable, and put her urn into his inventory.  I then went to her house and she was happily preparing the dinner all transparent-like (see pic), but disappeared as soon as she attempted to start cooking the meal.

At that point, although her family all had memories of her death, they didn't seem to have reacted to it.  I noticed that she was still showing as being part of the family, so I teleported her in and sent her away again, at which point she left the family and went into Default.  This caused her youngest son to go into total aspiration failure and her third son (at Uni) to do the same.  It may be that your deadie is also still in the family list (this seems to happen when they die on another lot, it also happens with dormies) so you may need to spawn them like I did, or manually move thme into Default in SimPE.  A sure sign that they haven't moved into Default is if none of the family who had a fear of their death has suffered in terms of aspiration points, as happened in my case.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 31, 18:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that is sad, Ancient - you could have teleported her husband in to plead with the GR!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 31, 18:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime a sim "dies on another lot", it counts as another death. This means that moving the tombstone may result in another "Death" hit, which is liable to send everyone with the generic "Family Member Dies" into the red again. Toddlers are particularly susceptible to this, when some random family member they've never met before dies, they psychically sense this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 31, 18:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a small problem that I don't know is related or not.  Ashley Pitts was married to Joshua Reuben, but he wanted to marry Vamsi instead, so he procured a cow plant, and set it up so that Joshua would be eaten by it.  Before that, though, he arranged for Joshua to find him and Vamsi together, then when he became upset, he broke up with him.  Ashley had a want to Drink Joshua.  Then Joshua moved in with the Lotharios, via combining families on the neighborhood screen.  Then Ashley milked the cowplant, satisfying his want to Drink Joshua, and then moved Joshua's tombstone to Gothier Green Lawns, I think it's called.  Then he and Vamsi happily got married (well maybe not so happily since they are Romance sims...but they really are happy Tongue).  Anyway, I went to play the Lothario family, and Joshua still shows on the loading screen.  I thought he would go away after I saved it, but he is still showing several lot loads later.  I think there is something weird about death by cowplant.  It's like they aren't really dead.  Any ideas on how to get rid of him from the Lotharios loading screen?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 31, 18:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That must be the 'died on another lot' issue. Try summoning him with an Ingelogical shrub, this should "kill" him again from "Died on another lot" and remove him from the screen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 31, 22:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that is sad, Ancient - you could have teleported her husband in to plead with the GR!

I didn't realise she'd died until I saw her urn by the doll's house!  I'd seen her playing with it, but at that point I didn't realise that they would continue to play with it forever unless I intervened.  I know there's a mod to stop that, but I don't use mods like that because ... well, it spoils the fun.  I think she only died anyway because I was naughty and left in the killablevisitors mod even though I was told it wasn't ready (I've taken it out now, but I may put it back because the name of it just calls to me ...).  Anyway, it doesn't matter, because I let her youngest resurrect her.  He had a want to do it and it came in very handy as he was only about 15 minutes short of transitioning to teen and would have done so in aspiration failure otherwise. 

As for the cowplant, I've noticed that those deaths don't register with anybody - they don't even get a memory of them.  I remember in my original Pleasantview one of my alien teens being eaten by Desdemona Dreamer's plant because I forgot all about it.  When I went into his lot, he was pushing someone on a swing and continued to do so for some time.  He didn't look like a ghost and no one could interact with him, although they did try.  His sister kept trying to talk to him, but the icon always vanished.  Eventually he just disappeared and a message came up saying he'd died on another lot.  None of his family seemed aware of it, though. 

Oh, and I would have teleported Hegelian in had I realised the Reaper was on the prowl, but I never heard him.  If I'm playing late at night I tend to turn the speakers down and I don't always notice his whooshing.  I miss a lot of dormie deaths because of that and often don't realise until I get asked what sex I want the new dormie to be and lo and behold, there's another gravestone at the portal's edge (and ten-to-a-penny it'll be Dopey Doris again.  That girl has died or been saved more times than most dormies have done totally pointless assignments). 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 01, 00:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your games are certainly more exciting than mine!  I'm getting too near to the GR myself to want to lose any of my sims!  But if, unlike me, you don't use an energy cheat on your lots, I think I would be very tempted to put TJ's fix in, or you might end up with orphans, and if the other parent is at work, they'd become prey to the social worker!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 01, 12:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what TJ fix you are talking about, but I don't have that social worker problem due to the ss hack or whatever it's called.  When Ricky Cormier died in my original Pleasantview (of the 'recovered from flu on another lot, then died on his own' bug - in his case, the other lot being the local brothel, so served him right, the cheating rat), his girlfriend was at work and their daughter was left alone for about 1 1/2 hours.  The social worker never came.  Quite why kids can't plead with the Reaper I don't know, considering they are allowed to resurrect.  I suppose it's to deliberately force the social worker scenario.  Anyway, with the mod in I have plenty of time for the kid to call a nanny, or I can just make a passing townie selectable or whatever.  In the Cormier case, I didn't need to do any of them, the mod just patiently waited for the mother to return from work.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 01, 12:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Toddler Toy Death Fix.  Stops them from playing until the drop dead!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 01, 23:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah but you see, as I said before, I DON'T WANT A MOD TO STOP IT.  I like as much "Well I never" and "Ooh I SAY" and "Well, REALLY" stuff in my game as I can possibly get (and more), so the last thing I want to do is put something in that might stop it happening.  Seriously, I love the surprise element and there's nowhere near enough of it, which is why I get bored with it all sometimes and have to go do something else.

And it wasn't the killablevisitors that caused Brandi's death either, I don't think.  It must have been the mod that lets the adults play with the doll's house.  Had another one die playing with it today, but didn't attempt any pleading because none of my Sims knew her.  In fact, nobody knew her more than slightly, she was one of the Downtownies who'd not really made much of an impact.  At the moment she's buried way down at the end of a sloping garden, next to a tree, by the sea, so she may as well stay there for now, because she is in a very nice setting.  If she becomes bothersome, she can be sent to Gothier Green Lawns.  The only Knowledge Sim is the teenage daughter and she will be going to Uni next time I play, so chances are she will end-up at the cemetery. 

I am thinking along the home-business lines of maybe The Little Toy Shop of Horrors.  You can guess the rest.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 01, 23:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But just imagine if you have a household with half a dozen kids and a single parent, and the parent goes this way!  You'd lose all the kids to the adoption pool!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 02, 12:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But just imagine if you have a household with half a dozen kids and a single parent, and the parent goes this way!  You'd lose all the kids to the adoption pool!

Ce la vie. Smiley  However, if you have a 1/2-dozen kids, odds are at least one of them is a teen, and the kids won't be taken away if there's at least one teenager in the house.  The game considers them 'adults' for the purpose of being responsible for younger siblings. That's why I usually try not to have another kid until there's a least one teenager in the house, or a child very close to aging when mom gets pregnant, so he/she is a teen when the new baby grows up to toddler.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 02, 13:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could have created the family in SimPE just to see how a single parent with six kids under teenage would cope!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 04, 02:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I wouldn't.  Like I already said, the social worker hack takes care of it.  Even if the parent had only just gone to work, there's plenty of time for a kid to call the nanny.  I don't know how long the mod would wait before letting the social worker in, but Ricky was dead for 1 1/2 hours before his girlfriend came back from work and there wasn't even a warning about their daughter being on her own.  She wasn't as it happens, there were 2 or 3 adult visitors on the lot, but for some reason they're not considered responsible enough.  Had I needed to, I could have just made one of them selectable until the mother got home.  Failing all that, there are ways and means to get rid of social workers - some permanent. 

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 04, 02:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said to imagine a single parent - not a single parent with a live-in girlfriend!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: