More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 10:05:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Is it the hotdogs or the woohoo?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it the hotdogs or the woohoo?  (Read 3818 times)
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Is it the hotdogs or the woohoo?
« on: 2007 December 15, 17:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've gotten this error multiple times, always during a hottub woohoo cutscence, but the error mentions hotdogs which were being eaten by townies at the time.  I have all of the expansion packs, all patched, except for Bon Voyage (Christmas!) and none of the silly stuff packs.

Let's see, any more pertinent information?  It's on a community lot.  I do have a squinge hack that allows non-playables to use the grill, but they weren't grilling at the time, just eating the hotdogs, so that's probably not it.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 17, 01:55:53 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Is it the hotdogs or the woohoo?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 16, 20:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the off-topic post, but it's nice to see you back, Avalikia. Smiley

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 17, 01:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's an interesting thing to say, considering that I never left.  Well, I did leave in the sense that I don't post nearly as much as I did at one time, but in that sense I'm not "back".  And I'm not likely to ever be back in that sense because I didn't approve of the way I was being treated, that's unlikely to improve, and instead of being a whiny n00b who runs around complaining about how mean everyone is I did the sensible thing and started hanging around forums more to my liking.  This site's still good for downloads that fix my game though.  And advice on what to do about my woohoo/hotdog problem.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 17, 01:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a Stupid Random Maxis Error. For some reason, Maxis thinks it's necessary to throw a wobbly if a sim performs an animation 3 times in a row. There's no logical reason WHY it is necessary to declare a fatal error, they just do to be annoying. Since Maxis code often picks an animation from a pool at random, without anything to enforce non-3-repeats of the same one, the game throws a fatal error when the same animation is picked for the third time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 17, 03:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's just great.  This seems to happen every time there's a cutscene and someone's eating hotdogs.  It's very hard to click the options on the error message that pops up with the invisible mouse during a cutscene, and I keep forgetting to turn off the testing cheats and/or cutscenes when it might be an issue.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 17, 16:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got so tired of it getting stuck when an error popped up during a cutscene that I've turned them off permanently. I can't survive without the testing cheat, so it had to be the cutscenes that went.  Wink It's not as if Eaxis has given us any new ones in 3 years, anyway.  Undecided

However, I'm thinking that somewhere in the recesses of MATY there were instructions on how to easily get to the cancel button when it's hidden by the cut scene. I know I remember being told something, but I didn't pay close attention to it because I'd already turned the cutscenes off.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: