More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 06:06:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Married+kids in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Married+kids in NL  (Read 5584 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Married+kids in NL
« on: 2005 September 18, 23:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't yet installed the game (I can't give up yet my precious hacks and fixes, lol) - but all I read about is - dates, blind dates, MatchMaker, etc - in short, Batchleour's Neighbourhood.

Will somebody write about what you do with the married couples+kids you have - is it like going to Downtown, without all that "date" jazz? And if I want to match myself the sims - can I?

BTW, in the official guide is written that the more money you give to the matchmaker, the better match you get - it's all a matter of money.
nothingbutsims
Re: Married+kids in NL
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 18, 23:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I created a family-oriented Sim and used the Matchmaker (and yes, paid her the max) for a blind date and she gave me a Sim who was also family-oriented and after a few dates, they had their dream date, got engaged, married and now have two kids.  I was very happy too that my date wasn't one of the regular townies from the original TS2.  She was new from NL, a bar maid or something.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 18, 23:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually been testing this with my Nigmos family...  I'm practically playing Legacy for all the stuff I don't have anymore.  Married people can go on a date with each other if they want--the date starts at home and can be moved to Downtown.  I haven't checked nanny necessity because I have a teenager to watch the kids at the moment.   You can take the whole family downtown for an outing, or just take everyone down to hang out, or even just take the parents down to hang out for awhile and get away from the sproglings.  It's actually rather flexible.  If you're married/joined and you scope room, no matter ill-matched the personalities are or how ill-matched the turn on/turn off sections are set, the spouse/partner of the scoping sim will always sparkle if that spouse/partner is there.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 18, 23:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I took out a married couple, I had them get in the car, go downtown, and then ask for a date. It went very well, and she gave him (he asked her) flowers. I imagine that if you didn't want to hire a nanny, you could have the whole family go downtown, and once there have the kids go do their own thing and have the couple go on a date. I guess if you have a toddler or infant you would need a nanny.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 19, 02:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He he, well, I am relieved now! If I can take them all to spend good time together - it's OK by me.

BTW - what happens to the Community lots in the original neighbourhood? do they continue to be available?
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 19, 02:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, when you get into a car or a cab a menu comes up and you can select your destination in the main neighborhood or downtown.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Kaddish_Tolesa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 19, 03:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I took out a married couple, I had them get in the car, go downtown, and then ask for a date.

I'll have to try that, I was wondering how to get a married couple to go downtown.  This expansion does seem to be geared much more towards the single Sims, but I guess that's to be expected.  Just the same, I've been loving it so far.
Rebochan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 19, 03:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been digging the casual outings aspect of this expansion.  It always bothered me that Hot Date only gave anything fun to dates, and that this generation has had nothing to do for people who are friends.  Now they're hopping around all over the place.  The popularity Sims love it.
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 19, 07:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd hate to barge into a thread, but since we're on the topic of the Matchmaker... Does he/she match only by the opposite sex, or can he/she match people of the same sex together?
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 19, 07:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd hate to barge into a thread, but since we're on the topic of the Matchmaker... Does he/she match only by the opposite sex, or can he/she match people of the same sex together?

You can request your date to be either male or female.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: