More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 27, 17:23:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Game says ALL Maxis/EA downloads are incompatible...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game says ALL Maxis/EA downloads are incompatible...  (Read 2981 times)
simhummingbird
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Game says ALL Maxis/EA downloads are incompatible...
« on: 2005 September 18, 05:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been super careful. I did a totally clean install, even cleaned up other areas of my computer while I was cleaning up all traces of Sims2, defragmenting, etc. before installing the game. I figured I could easily reinstall all the Maxis downloads from the offical TS2 site with no problem. They *should* be compatible, right?
WRONG!!! According to the game every one of the Maxis/EA downloads is incomptatible. They "overwrite global" something or others... Sorry, I didn't happen to write it all down.
Any idea if leaving them in and telling the game to enable them anyway will cause a problem in the future? I'm almost afraid to leave them, but there are a couple of items on some of my lots in my playing neighborhood "Second Chance". I'm still impressed that my backup of my neighborhood went into the game without a hitch, or glitch!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Game says ALL Maxis/EA downloads are incompatible...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 18, 15:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can recall, the only Maxis object that overrides any globals is the Urbz game. At least this is according to Sims2pack Clean Installer. And I've been running the Maxis objects without problems so I wouldn't worry about it. That's just a generic warning they put in there.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
simhummingbird
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 18, 16:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope you are right. It sure is annoying to have to tell the game that it's okay to enable those downloads every time you fire it up though. Sad
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 18, 16:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You only have to tell it once. After that it defaults to enabled. If you want it to stop popping up and asking you about it every time you can turn that off in options. Smiley

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
simhummingbird
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 18, 16:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh... such a simple thing, I missed it! LOL Got to get new bifocals, or maybe trifocals so I can see those little details a bit better! LOL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: