More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 21:48:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So what's been fixed in NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So what's been fixed in NL  (Read 233242 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: So what's been fixed in NL
« Reply #375 on: 2005 September 19, 21:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope MaxoidTom has a sense of humor...
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2005 September 19, 21:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible that simply saving the lot with a newly pregnant Sim and exiting, then immediately reentering will not cause problems.

Apparently the game thinks the Sim has had morning sickness for over 10 days, where death by disease normally occurs.  While normally morning sickness cannot last more than a day, something seems to be telling the game that it's been more than the normal period.

It may be that if you save the lot, then play other lots for a while, then go back to the lot with the newly pregnant Sim, the game thinks more time has passed for that Sim than just what you've played on that lot.  I tend to have lots where I'll play for a while, then quit and play another lot for a while, then eventually go back.  It's very likely that more than 10 days passed playing other lots.  I've only had the pregnancy death once, but after the first time I was very careful never to save between lullaby and the first bump.

I guess this is what I'm saying:  If you never save between lullaby and first bump, you'll never experience pregnancy death.  If you do save during this time, you *might* experience it.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2005 September 20, 02:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, anybody else able to see inside all of the dormies' rooms at University now with NL?  Is that meant to happen?

(kinda creepy, I think, I can see all of these dormies just... standing there in their rooms while the thought bubble says they're sleeping or having fun)

<insert witty comment here>
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2005 September 20, 02:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me too. My Sims were at Uni when I installed NL and it somehow corrupted the Myne doors so it wasn't recognizing the rooms as belonging to the dormies. I bought new doors and used Merola's painting to have each of the dormies claim their rooms again. If you fix it this way, make sure to replace the doors one at a time or you'll spawn a new wave of dormies who come and claim them.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: 2005 September 20, 02:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been able to see into the rooms in dorms too...I think it's causing some lag Tongue But...I noticed that when one of my two students moved out, the furniture in her room *does* disappear, as does she when she's in there. So I think the seeing stuff inside the rooms only applies to existing dormies, and new ones will act normally?

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2005 September 20, 02:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seemed that way, yes. When I accidentally spawned a new set of dormmates, the furniture vanished as it should have. I didn't quite know what would happen to the dormies that had already been living there though (would they leave since they didn't technically live there anymore?), so I exited without saving and did it one existing dormie at a time and the furniture vanished normally then too. I thought I could just let it go since my Sims were almost done with Uni, but one night of them all just standing there behind the doors totally weirded me out.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2005 September 20, 13:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read through this thread and must add my two cents.  I saw that the no inheiritance was mentioned, but what about the disappearance of the platimum tombstones.  I actually saw my last tombstone disappear.  It wasn't in an overpopulated neighborhood either.  Also, I have original families(in Veronaville) that are in their original houses where part of them age and part of them don't.  It is happening in 5 families--it doesn't even make sence.

According to twojeffs and my own observations, one cause of tombstones disappearing is them being haunted by another ghost.

Twojeffs' ghost hack fixed this for Uni, but this is not yet NL compatible.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2005 September 20, 18:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My theory is that it's because all other less-awesome sites tend to be filled with screaming bene-beggars and it's impossible to get anything done. Also, it's pretty obvious why Maxis never gets anything done: Their employees spend 4 hours a day loitering on my site. No wonder nothing gets done. Maybe things would go faster if I banned him so he'd have to get back to work.

If you want me to leave, just say so.

Currently I'm spending my time visiting community sites and making sure we attempt to plug the biggest holes.  The next expansion pack is going through a design phase, so my focus has been on the community, fire-fighting, and directing some engineers to address issues brought up here and on other community sites; most bug fixes are in scripts, so that is the domain of our game scripters.  The community expresses concerns that there is not enough communication, so I'm attempting to address that.  I can do that on another forum/website if you prefer.
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2005 September 20, 18:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't leave, we like having you here, its nice to know that you guys are actually listening to our concerns and giving us good feedback. Smiley

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: 2005 September 20, 18:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noooo, don't leave Tom...That's just J.M. being, well, his usual cantankerous self Tongue

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2005 September 20, 18:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried to go through this entire thread, so pardon me please if this repeats something someone else has already said.
The following are Maxis design issues, not bugs per se:

Or how about being able to ask your wife out on a date. lol, OK, it's not so funny but the interactions at the end of the date are a bit odd as your wife will treat you like your were someone else, compliment you on the date and then go out the back door to place flowers on her own doorstep. Tongue

The biggest aesthetic annoyance for me is that I cannot park in the street. I have to delete a large chunk of my home (only on the left side) to place a driveway. I can understand how this might affect the school bus or the car pool, but it makes me a little batty. Wink

Speaking of cars, it's comical when you have two in the driveway, send one to work in his/her car then park the other in the driveway (thus blocking the garage). When the sim comes home from work, they will magically appear in the garage instead of sitting in the street honking and screaming obscenities at the sim who is parked in the driveway.

Another thing that irks me is the fact that sims need to drive to get next door or across the street. Wouldn't it make more sense to "Walk Next Door" and while you're at the lot, "Walk back home"? I mean, sims walk by my home all day long.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: 2005 September 20, 18:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thing that irks me is the fact that sims need to drive to get next door or across the street. Wouldn't it make more sense to "Walk Next Door" and while you're at the lot, "Walk back home"? I mean, sims walk by my home all day long.

Oh yes!  Those taxi drivers are real rip-off merchants.  My sim wanted to go to the shop *immediately across the road from her house*.  She had to call a Taxi, and it drove off right up the street presumably taking her the long way round just so it could charge more.   Seriously though I don't see why if you're going somewhere nearby you shouldn't be able to just send the Sims to the pedestrian portal and have them spawned at the portal of the place they are going.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2005 September 20, 18:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or how about being able to ask your wife out on a date. lol, OK, it's not so funny but the interactions at the end of the date are a bit odd as your wife will treat you like your were someone else, compliment you on the date and then go out the back door to place flowers on her own doorstep. Tongue
If I go on a date with my husband, we talk about it when we come home. If I had a good time, I say so. We also (gasp) still give each other nice gifts, like flowers. He's even surprised me with flowers when there was no date or special occasion. Granted I see how a sim might place the flowers on a table inside if they life there, but I get my flowers by delivery guy, just like my man man didn't live here and just like I would have if we were dating.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2005 September 20, 18:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was pretty funny to have them drive across the street.  Have you seen Toy Story 2?
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2005 September 20, 19:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My theory is that it's because all other less-awesome sites tend to be filled with screaming bene-beggars and it's impossible to get anything done. Also, it's pretty obvious why Maxis never gets anything done: Their employees spend 4 hours a day loitering on my site. No wonder nothing gets done. Maybe things would go faster if I banned him so he'd have to get back to work.
Oh no.. don't shoo the Maxoids!
That's not true, they never did something like this, spending time in the forums, really communicating with us!! Actually is quite the opposite: they was always on work, so they didn't have time to speak to us.

I think something really great will come out of this new approach thei are doing
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: 2005 September 20, 19:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, well she was only supposed to be nipping across the road quickly, but I suppose having to wait for transport does remind you that you're virtually reloading the game when you go to another lot.  It's easy to forget now you can see the place from the lot you're in Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2005 September 20, 19:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey maxoid, do you have any news about that form you were thinking about putting in the TS2 site? is it for real?

oh and, can you have a look at the photobooth "not giving firt time" woohoo memories?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2005 September 20, 19:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes!  Those taxi drivers are real rip-off merchants.
Wouldn't they need to charge you money to be ripoffs?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2005 September 20, 19:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't they need to charge you money to be ripoffs?
What they steal is time.  Not ordinarily a big deal, but since Dates and Outings are timed, sometimes it's important.  Certainly one of the advantages of owning a car is that you have less delay changing lots on Dates / Outings.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2005 September 20, 19:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no.. don't shoo the Maxoids!
That's not true, they never did something like this, spending time in the forums, really communicating with us!! Actually is quite the opposite: they was always on work, so they didn't have time to speak to us.

I think something really great will come out of this new approach thei are doing

I also appreciate this vast improvement in communication. Before this I was seriously going to wait before buying Nightlife (or any future ep), MaxoidTom's helpful communication with us has gone a long way in repairing my trust in Maxis. I sure hope it will continue.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2005 September 20, 19:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey maxoid, do you have any news about that form you were thinking about putting in the TS2 site? is it for real?

oh and, can you have a look at the photobooth "not giving firt time" woohoo memories?

I made a request for the web form and they are supposed to be working on it.  As for the photobooth, I'll ask around.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2005 September 20, 21:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you're still here, MaxoidTom. JM's just cranky. And he has a long beard.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2005 September 20, 21:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you're still here, MaxoidTom. JM's just cranky. And he has a long beard.

You forgot OLD, Brynne, Pescado is OLD and has a long beard. 

C Wink

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2005 September 20, 21:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AND he lives in Montana.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2005 September 20, 21:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AND he lives in Montana.

Part of montanta 6 weeks away from the postal service. :p

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: