More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 04:16:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 198238 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #75 on: 2005 September 15, 19:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the ventriloquism fixed with sims talking on the phone?

C

Yes! *cheers*

Jen
Awsime!!!
Hey, VJay, were your sims sloppy and playful? I could see that not being a bug if they were. I suspect it is, what with the handheld and teaching crushes and all, but it would be kind of cool if it was flirting for sloppy/playful sims.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 September 15, 19:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a weird thing ( i thought) in NL, when I was on a date, i asked to be seated, but then I didn't get seated, and only had a choice to give up my seat, it took me forever, but finally i clicked on the watiress to say order, and i finally sat down, really strange, i would have thought that being seated meant i would sit down right away., might have been caused by my sim being so freaking hungry, she kept goingto the bar and getting a drink to fulfill that....also when at the table on a date it is hard to jump to the next level, all the wants are usually associated with being able to stand up.....so time tends to run out easily. is it possible to have the nested interactions come up as wants while seated at the resteraunt table?

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 September 15, 19:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they still frozen if you evict them then move them back into a dorm?
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2005 September 15, 20:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sara_dippity's comment reminded me of another oddness I witnessed in my dorm. I haven't tried this before, so it may not be Nightlife specific, but then again it might be. I tried to have two students get their boyfriends to move into their dorm, but the action continually dropped out of their queues.

Jen
That's a well known Uni issue.  I have to get my sims to move out of their current home, then add them to the dorm using combine households in neighbourhood view Smiley

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 September 16, 01:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C

Yes! *cheers*

Jen
Awsime!!!
Hey, VJay, were your sims sloppy and playful? I could see that not being a bug if they were. I suspect it is, what with the handheld and teaching crushes and all, but it would be kind of cool if it was flirting for sloppy/playful sims.

No they were not sloppy at all. I believe it's a bug like the handled and teaching crushes like you said. lol
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 September 16, 05:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some sims get a positive social from it (throwing food), total strangers. No crushes, but they loved it, two pluses.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 September 16, 08:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed another sort of wierdness communication animation though, where sometimes when dining on a date, two sims look away from each other when they're having a conversation. Almost like the game got confused about who was sitting where. Not a big deal, maybe just a glitch, but it happened a couple different times in a couple different locations.

I also had an incident where my sim was on a casual outing or whatever it's called and autonomously went to the poker table, and when I cancelled the action she got stuck there for HOURS, not moving or playing at all, just sitting there, until her companion finally got up and left in bladder failure. then she finally got up too. But I had to keep dragging her needs back up, otherwise she'd have dropped dead of starvation when and if she ever got up from that table. I hope that was a one time glitch though. With build/buy disabled, even moveobjects couldn't save her.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 September 16, 11:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a few bugs with the matchmaker:

1) Calling the matchmaker on the phone:  The dialogs are blank, no text, just "Yes/No".  However, she does come if you click Yes.

2) Buying the love potion causes the Sim who bought it to disappear (!)  He/she vanishes from the lot, is no longer included in the icons on the left side of the screen, and no longer appears in the list of Sims who can be called on the phone by other family members.  (I did not get any type of error message or log file when this happened.)  So, definitely save your game before trying the love potion!

Karen
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 September 16, 11:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

karen, i belive this vanishing sim after buying love potion and the blank dialog must have something to do with a hack that may be running in your game.
I called her and buyed love potions and it worked perfectly normal

I have someting to say about dining in restaurants :

when my sims were at the table dining, i clicked on the podium and i had the option to pay for the food or to try leaving without paying. However, i just cancelled the dining action and clicked outside the restaurant and they left without paying . that simple...
I think that's wrong, i think that this wasn't supposed to happen. i think that when you cancell the action, they are supposed to pay for the bill immediately, and only be able to leave withou paying if you click the "leave without paying option"
« Last Edit: 2005 September 16, 12:00:48 by linolino » Logged
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 September 16, 12:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

karen, i belive this vanishing sim after buying love potion and the blank dialog must have something to do with a hack that may be running in your game.

Correct. This happened to me when I tried to test some hacks to see whether they were compatible or not.

Karen try to see if you have one of those packages in your Downloads folder:

Food Already Available Fix.package
No Autonomous Hang Out.package
No Autonomous Napping.package
No Play in Bathtub.package
nobogartingswings.package
Numenor_Turn-Off-TV_Fix.package
novanishindorms.package

I suspect that it's one of those that causes a conflict with the love potion. (Hoping I hadn't forgotten anything. I can't remember well, I spent the whole night testing stuff. lol  Undecided )

About the crush developping with the food fight, another similar thing happened to me. My sim just asked another sim a question, I think it was "What's your job?", not sure. Both sims were best friends, 100/98 of relationship. After the question was asked, they got a crush on each other. How annoying! lol
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 September 16, 12:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Karen try to see if you have one of those packages in your Downloads folder:

Food Already Available Fix.package
No Autonomous Hang Out.package
No Autonomous Napping.package
No Play in Bathtub.package
nobogartingswings.package
Numenor_Turn-Off-TV_Fix.package
novanishindorms.package

I suspect that it's one of those that causes a conflict with the love potion. (Hoping I hadn't forgotten anything. I can't remember well, I spent the whole night testing stuff. lol  Undecided )

I have at least two or three of the ones you listed.  Will try taking them out tonight and see what happens.  Thanks.

Karen
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 September 16, 12:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when my sims were at the table dining, i clicked on the podium and i had the option to pay for the food or to try leaving without paying. However, i just cancelled the dining action and clicked outside the restaurant and they left without paying . that simple...
I think that's wrong, i think that this wasn't supposed to happen. i think that when you cancell the action, they are supposed to pay for the bill immediately, and only be able to leave withou paying if you click the "leave without paying option"
The first time I had my Sim eat at a restaurant, I didn't know about paying.  When she left the lot, she got charged for the two meals she'd bought.  The money showed above her head as if she'd been charged by a service NPC.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
JavaChild
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 September 16, 12:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed another sort of wierdness communication animation though, where sometimes when dining on a date, two sims look away from each other when they're having a conversation.

I've noticed that the male species tends to do this in real life even at the best of the times. Was there a TV in the vicinity? Perhaps a pretty waitress or another patron walking by? My otherwise perfect partner even does this in our own home as the dogs seem endlessly fascinating to him. Oh hell - Who am I kidding? He can do it in an otherwise empty room: Just sitting there chatting - or listening (Huh) - to me and looking all over the damn place. I think men are "shipped" with ADD fully in tact! Tongue
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 September 16, 14:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "View Distance" option in Lot View Options won't stay correct.  It defaults back to Medium view evey time I restart the game, no matter how many times I save with it on Extra Large.  Undecided  The others stay just fine.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 September 16, 15:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "View Distance" option in Lot View Options won't stay correct.  It defaults back to Medium view evey time I restart the game, no matter how many times I save with it on Extra Large.  Undecided  The others stay just fine.
I've noticed this as well. All the new graphic option will return to default when you re enter the game. Note that the default option will be different for each pc, because when you start the game it checks your graphic card capabilities and sets those preferences according to it.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 September 16, 16:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are definitly some goofy things going on with graphics. I had been running the game maxxed on 2 computers (6800 256 GT  overclocked /w 1.5 gig ram, and the new 7800 crotch rocket w/ 2 gig ram) and with the newest drivers, all tests showing cards work perfectly, the game has problems if I turn reflections on or move more than one option over medium. Even with shadows off!

Anyone else having problems with NL and the 6800 or 7800s?

Annoying as hell to stutter while just trying to scroll accross the neighboorhood and stalling at 7PM/AM a few seconds, and whenever a box opens, etc etc etc.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 September 16, 16:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm running an Alienware with a  6800 Ultra 256 (driver version 77.77),  2 GB RAM, 3.0 processor with all options maxed and no troubles; barely any lag, except in P.U.R.E. with all the blasted firey things and a million and 2 sims.  Cheesy

All the new graphic option will return to default when you re enter the game.

...I know that I raised the fade distance to extra large as well, and that one stays as I set it.  I can't remember how the others defaulted.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2005 September 16, 17:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found a repeatable bug.

I renamed my EA Games/The Sims folder to old. And started sims up to regenerate my folders. Then I installed Nightlife over nice, clean, folders, no hacks, downloads, etc.

I made a girl, she had a car. Her car got stolen, she got married, went on her honeymoon, and then a "contact" called for the first time. When she agrees to go out, the outing meter starts right away, then when the taxi comes and she gets in, the meter disappears and the taxi never leaves, just sits there and honks. I can't access the save feature at this point, and have to ctrl-alt-del and end the task to get out of the game.

I'm guessing the taxi thinks her stolen car is blocking her way or something? No idea. The only thing in my downloads folder is my "super special you preordered hotrod car"

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 September 16, 17:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm running an Alienware with a  6800 Ultra 256 (driver version 77.77),  2 GB RAM, 3.0 processor with all options maxed and no troubles; barely any lag, except in P.U.R.E. with all the blasted firey things and a million and 2 sims.  Cheesy

All the new graphic option will return to default when you re enter the game.

...I know that I raised the fade distance to extra large as well, and that one stays as I set it.  I can't remember how the others defaulted.

Well bugger me with a cactus up the catflap.

:embarassed:

Too bad I am at work, because the more I think about it, I may have the beta drivers on the computers since they resolved some of the EQ2 glitches. I am going to need to visit retardo land if that is the problem. I spent far too long testing everything to not think of that.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 September 16, 17:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had problems with multiple gravestones (all platinum deaths) showing up on lots every time you enter them? I posted a picture here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=561.msg21669#msg21669

It's really getting on my nerves. There are also puddles all over the street; they come in pairs. One yellow, one brown. I do have a yellow pee hack (I know, gross), but that still doesn't explain why they would be there, why one is brown, and what they have to do with tombstones. At least 3 of the tombstones in that pic were of the same sim; when I went to delete it, it was called "Here lies Fred Goode". In life he'd never even been to that lot, although he did die a platinum death, I believe. I also had 3 pop-ups that said "Mandy has been resurrected on another lot!". Mandy never lived in that home, either, and her grave was on another lot. She'd also been resurrected a long time ago. And all the ghosts that did belong in the house had platinum gravestones out on the sidewalk. Their regular gravestones (non-platinum) were gone.

I moved a family of sims onto a brand new empty lot, no house or anything, and there were 3 or 4 "Here lies Fred Goode" tombstones, again, along with a few pairs of colored puddles. Moved them into another house, more "Here lies Fred Goode", and this was the lot Fred Goode actually did die on. I exited the game, and when I returned to that lot, the tombstones were back, along with the yellow and brown puddles.

I think my game is being haunted by Fred Goode! 
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 September 16, 18:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this as well. All the new graphic option will return to default when you re enter the game. Note that the default option will be different for each pc, because when you start the game it checks your graphic card capabilities and sets those preferences according to it.

Can you check in your userProps.xml file (in My Docs\...\Config\) contains options like these:
enableLotImpostersInLot
enableNeighborhoodOccupantsInLot
lotSkirtSizeIncrease
neighborhoodPropFadeDistance
clickableLotImposters

They should be there after you play the game, tweak some options, and then quit gracefully.  The file should also be marked writable.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2005 September 16, 18:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh, nm my previous post. I didn't realize that when a contact calls you and you agree to go downtown with them, that your husband (all sims in household?) have to go too. I had had the guy doing skilling, and so apparently the taxi was waiting for him. Either that, or taking out the downloadable hot rod, fixed it.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 September 16, 19:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you check in your userProps.xml file (in My Docs\...\Config\) contains options like these:
enableLotImpostersInLot
lotSkirtSizeIncrease
clickableLotImposters

They should be there after you play the game, tweak some options, and then quit gracefully.  The file should also be marked writable.

Me too. Settings don't take. I thought maybe they might be hood or lot specific but they aren't and yes I found the stuff you listed here in the config  xml file. Wanna see the file?
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 September 16, 19:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

enableLotImpostersInLot
lotSkirtSizeIncrease
clickableLotImposters

Me too. Settings don't take. I thought maybe they might be hood or lot specific but they aren't and yes I found the stuff you listed here in the config  xml file. Wanna see the file?

Hmm...perhaps you could try backing up that file, removing it and then starting up the game, change options, and restart again.  Maybe the game doesn't like something in there.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 September 16, 20:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MAXIOD:

Ok.replacing the xml didn't work either. Two settings on the view one is the distance and the other is.....the other Smiley  I noticed, but can't swear to it, the distance setting stayed the other didn't.

Anther question: is there any limit to the number of tiers for the organizing of the downloads folder?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: