More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 15:30:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question About Default Skintones
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question About Default Skintones  (Read 4489 times)
STLBailey
Asinine Airhead

A bee's eye view.......

View Profile
Question About Default Skintones
« on: 2007 March 06, 21:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I accidentally changed my default skintones to some weird crap (ya know, aliens and zombies stuff).  How can I change it back?  I can't find the file that is making it do this.  And I don't want to delete the game and start over.

MOD EDIT: Stop typing in huge red text.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 06, 21:45:46 by Venusy » Logged
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Question About Default Skintones
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 06, 21:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The replacement default skintones almost certainly have to be in your download folder somewhere.

Take everything out of that folder and they'll go away. Then put everything you know isn't a skintone back. They'll still be gone.

Then sort through everything that's left until you find them. Then you know what to nuke.
Sisaly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 06, 21:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you are in your DL folder, press ctrl-f. Now search for the word default. They should show up.
STLBailey
Asinine Airhead

A bee's eye view.......

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 07, 07:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ss about font.

Thanks for tips.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 07, 09:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also use the Cleaninstaller to check out your files.  It might spot the culprit.

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 07, 11:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clean Installer doesn't recognize default replacement skins as far as I know. However, the fact that it won't recognize them means that the "Type" field will be blank... which is how it can help you recognize them.

Fail.
STLBailey
Asinine Airhead

A bee's eye view.......

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 07, 11:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks....Sweet Sara!!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 07, 12:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a good plan Sara. 

You can create subfolders in  your download folder and use the clean installer to move moves to those sub folders.  Like create a folder for clothes, one for makeup, one for eyes etc ...., then using the clean installer move all the files to their corresponding folder.  Then move all the files labeled mesh to a mesh folder.  The default files will be among the ones left at the root of your download.  If you still haven't figured out which one, you can open the file one by one with SimPE and look at the texture files.  The texture file is what you actually see in the game.  That should let you figure out which file is the culprit without any doubt.

And from now on, sort all your downloads in folder.  Put new stuff at the root of your download folder (or in it's own clearly identified folder) and you'll never have problems figuring out what messed up your game again.
STLBailey
Asinine Airhead

A bee's eye view.......

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 07, 15:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have my downloads in neatly organized like you said, I just can not find the stupid file that changed my defaults.  I think i may have downloaded it by accident thinking it was something else.  I have clean installer and have went though all of my files trying to find it.  I have searched the word default in windows and still nothing. 

The only clue I have is in SimPE Sim Surgery, the skin files are called CASIE _EMTOPNAKED_Mannequin, CASIE_TMTOPNAKED_Nude_SL, and one is called *from ARCHETYPE.

Does any of this sound familar to you guys?
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 07, 17:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, don't open your neighbourdhood with SimPE, that's not going to do you one bit of good.  Open the package files you suspect might be the defaults.  The ones that aren't identified in Cleaninstaller.  (From Simpe, File, Open,. Browse to package ...)  Usually a default replacement will have only one line in the left pane called texture image.  If you click on that, it will list in the left pane a whole bunch of line that look like this embodynaked-nudesoft-s3_txtr.  Each of these lines corresponds to a texture which you can see in the bottom right pane.  Open a default replacement skin (download one if you must) to see what I mean. There you should be able to visually identify the replacement skin that is causing the problem.  This is assuming that your problem is truly a replacement skin and not something else.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to remove all your downloads and put them back a few folder at a time until you found it.

Good luck.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 08, 22:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Default replacement skins have much larger file-sizes than regular skintones do, so this may also help you to narrow down the culprit.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: