More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 06:39:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Elder forgotten by Grim Reaper
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Elder forgotten by Grim Reaper  (Read 11133 times)
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Elder forgotten by Grim Reaper
« on: 2009 June 14, 17:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a geezer who is currently 121 days old. Is that a bug or just some really lucky genes? Never used ambrosia, no fitness perks.

Another elder-related curiosity probably has something to do with parthenogenesis off in Awesomemod. The said geezer has a work buddy, also an elder, who on the moment of Awesomemod installation was a floating head -- as I understand, ready to replicate. After installation he sort of disappeared -- he doesn't live anywhere anymore, he doesn't come in when invited (chatting on phone is OK though). But he's still on the friend list, and still a floating head after no less than 20 days.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Elder forgotten by Grim Reaper
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 14, 19:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is conjecture, because I haven't looked at the code (pure laziness, I can actually understand TS3 settings better than TS2). I had an instance with my founder where she died at exactly 90 days. There was a crash due to a borked family in the 'hood, and on my second playthrough of her final days, she lived to 112. It looks like there's a roll each day to determine whether the elder will live or die. You're getting "lucky", just like my one guy in TS2 who beat Grimmie 15 or so times in a row.

I've no idea about your second guy. I'd kill him for being a freak. I just did that to a townie named Scot Williams, since somehow the black-haired, black-skinned, pudgy guy's UI pic is of a pale, ginger, bearded guy. He was obviously a spy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 14, 20:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a geezer who is currently 121 days old. Is that a bug or just some really lucky genes? Never used ambrosia, no fitness perks.

Another elder-related curiosity probably has something to do with parthenogenesis off in Awesomemod. The said geezer has a work buddy, also an elder, who on the moment of Awesomemod installation was a floating head -- as I understand, ready to replicate. After installation he sort of disappeared -- he doesn't live anywhere anymore, he doesn't come in when invited (chatting on phone is OK though). But he's still on the friend list, and still a floating head after no less than 20 days.

My longest living sim lived 118 days before she died.  Her DAUGHTER died the very next day of old age.  I don't know how or why she lived so long but some elders for some reason can live a very very long time.  This was before awesomemod too naturally with no life reducing stuff.  She did have 2 of the fitness perks though i believe but they never had that much effect.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 15, 02:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've no idea about your second guy. I'd kill him for being a freak. I just did that to a townie named Scot Williams, since somehow the black-haired, black-skinned, pudgy guy's UI pic is of a pale, ginger, bearded guy. He was obviously a spy.

My rockstar playable somewhat attractive female sim had that problem! It was weird with people asking for autographs with some moustache'd pasty guy's picture. Even her family was thinking of her as that guy...  Sad I think I did a thumbnail refresh and it worked. In any case, I made it stop somehow (and then had her cheat on her hubby with her brother-in-law getting pregnant and leaving her husband and kids for her new family. I got bored. But at least all my sims were now clear on the fact that she was female now.)
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 15, 19:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please the Godz of the Interwebz kill off my frickin Sim. !20 years old and showing no sign of imminent bucket-kicking. I most like borked it by having her at the top of the Athletic career. Just die already.

I cleverly managed to miss my one in-game demise so far by being busy sending the teen to the movies when his Dad karked it. Gahhhh.

And the bloody thing is a wretched mac....

Headdesk X a zillion.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 15, 19:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gunther Goth lasted unti age 126 for me.  He wasn't athletic at all.  I'm not sure why he lasted so long, but I missed him so much once he did kick that I had to bring him back.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 15, 20:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most ridiculous thing about the entire scenario is that I never permitted this Sim to retire (a habit acquired from Sims 2)

So at 120 she is still winning games. Still a leading athlete. Still has the stamina and skill of a young adult.

Oh well.

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 15, 21:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please the Godz of the Interwebz kill off my frickin Sim. !20 years old and showing no sign of imminent bucket-kicking. I most like borked it by having her at the top of the Athletic career. Just die already.

I cleverly managed to miss my one in-game demise so far by being busy sending the teen to the movies when his Dad karked it. Gahhhh.

Headdesk X a zillion.

If you really want your sim to die shift click and do trigger age transition.  At elder it causes them to die.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 22, 21:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Headdesk X a zillion.

If you really want your sim to die shift click and do trigger age transition.  At elder it causes them to die.

How do you do that? Forgive me for being slow...

Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 22, 21:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Headdesk X a zillion.

How do you do that? Forgive me for being slow...
Control-Shift-C to open up the cheat window, then type "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotes. After that, hold down shift and click on the elder you want to cull, then chose trigger age transition.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 22, 21:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Control-Shift-C to open up the cheat window, then type "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotes. After that, hold down shift and click on the elder you want to cull, then chose trigger age transition.

Argh, thank you !

FINALLY I can get rid of my 94 year old!

Cheers  Wink

Aaroc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 23, 00:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In one of my games in Riverview, I started a Legacy of sorts. The third generation is almost ready to become teens, but Flo Broke is still alive and kicking, and she's been alive as an elder since the beginning of the game.

In a recent Sunset Valley game, Cornelia goth lived to be quite old. I'm certain Mortimer is close to becoming an elder himself and she only recently kicked the bucket. She was definitely getting senile in her old age though. I swear I saw her at the library in her PJs.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 23, 01:16:56 by Aaroc » Logged
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 23, 01:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Susan Wainwright in my game lived to about 120.

There's more at work here than a random roll of the dice every day.  if the odds were fair, 50/50 on every roll for every day after 90, then a 120 year old Sim has had to win 30 rolls.  Chances of that happening are 1/(2^30), which is ridiculously unlikely.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 23, 10:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The odds aren't fair. The odds are strongly against actually dying, something like 3% or less, so it can take many rolls.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 24, 02:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The odds aren't fair. The odds are strongly against actually dying, something like 3% or less, so it can take many rolls.

If the statistics in this thread are correct, a three percent chance of death is only possible on epic lifespan setting. On normal setting, the number is fourteen percent.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 24, 02:40:29 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 24, 20:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was before awesomemod too naturally with no life reducing stuff. 

How does awesomemod change aging? I've read over the description again... am I not seeing something?

INTP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: