More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 23:01:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Collections files for BV?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Collections files for BV?  (Read 8153 times)
sissimoody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Collections files for BV?
« on: 2007 October 26, 20:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Collections files *ofb craft objects, shop at home, carreer asp rewards, etc* no longer work with BV.  Has anyone put them online or is there a tutorial on how to edit my files so they can be used again?  Yep, I go into BUILD mode and even tested in BUY mode, they are broken!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Collections files for BV?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 26, 21:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV broke them, and AFAIK, no one has come up with a fix yet. Dizzy has an alternate method for getting the asp rewards from the sim's testingcheats menu (available here in Peasantry, in his 'brain dump' file), and the insimenator can also generate them. Monique has made some of the craft objects available in buy mode (servo, snapdragons), and has a sign that can be used to buy most of them for businesses -- they're available on MTS2. Her computers also let your sims shop at home (and much more).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 26, 22:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ea has really screwed these up, haven't they? Why why are things divided up into comm OR residential? Why are they all not both? I just don't get that at all.

I am hoping jfade, the king of the fast, mini-programs for Sims2, makes a program that will run thru the DLs and mark them ALL for both comm and res use.

A mod to fix ALL the items or at least the EA items in this way would be great.
sissimoody
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 26, 22:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Joe.  I don't have other collection files, I'm wondering if ALL user created collection files are broken or is it just those types.  I don't GET why they enable us to make collection files and then end up killing them.  lol
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 26, 22:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can edit collection files in-game to make them available for both res and comm.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 26, 23:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the files can be edited and made available in both comm and res lots, we can rename them and move their loading order and change the icons, really nice edits. However: the items inside the files are not made available on both type lots. If the tiem was made for both types then t is available on both, but only in that instance. And it's been this way since....Pets? Completely stupid editing ablilities if the items themselves are not made available. Another great job by EA.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 26, 23:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, just had a look and I see what you mean. I have the Windkeeper collection files for craftables and interestingly, only the craftable flowers can be actually selected and placed. I wonder why those are different to all the other things in that collection file? Undecided As you can probably tell I only use those files in my OFB-only version of the game.

Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 26, 23:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Palladin's Categorizer to make items available for both kinds of lots. I also use it to fix stupidly low comfort levels and insanely high prices on decorative items like Simplan-X's glass of Guinness (originally §4000).

Now to be honest, I've not checked it since BV, but I assume it still works.

Then you can fix up your collection files either in game or by using jfade's Collection Creator.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 26, 23:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have sooo many files that need to be'fixed'. I want a program to do automatically--to work the way the compressorizer does, just set it and forget it? Smiley
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 27, 10:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Palladin's Categorizer to make items available for both kinds of lots. I also use it to fix stupidly low comfort levels and insanely high prices on decorative items like Simplan-X's glass of Guinness (originally §4000).

You do know that just changing the comfort value in the caltalouge description does not actually change the item's rating, right?  You have to edit the BCONs or sometimes BHAVs themselves, and for that you need SimPE.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 27, 18:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Joe.  I don't have other collection files, I'm wondering if ALL user created collection files are broken or is it just those types. 

No, collection files for standard buy/build mode items still work fine.  It's just the ones for the special items that got borked.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 27, 20:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do know that just changing the comfort value in the caltalouge description does not actually change the item's rating, right?  You have to edit the BCONs or sometimes BHAVs themselves, and for that you need SimPE.

Sometimes a creator just edits the file in the Sims2Cat, so a cheap bed will appear to have high comfort and energy.  Since it doesn't, and Pescado's sleepclock lets you know exactly which cheap bed it was cloned from, I tend to use Sims2Cat to change it back to what it should be.  Creators only need to use an expensive bed as base and then change the price to a cheap one in order to bypass the bed coding, but some never seem to learn!

Zephyr Zodiac
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 28, 09:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't trust creators, so I change the BHAVs (and price, for fainess) on all beds I download to match one of the more expensive beds.
I don't care if a bed is cheap, with an energy rating of 3 there is absolutely no reason not to resort to coffee in stead.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 28, 15:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not much use for kids, though.

Zephyr Zodiac
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 28, 19:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't trust creators, so I change the BHAVs (and price, for fainess) on all beds I download to match one of the more expensive beds.
I don't care if a bed is cheap, with an energy rating of 3 there is absolutely no reason not to resort to coffee in stead.

Please Gwill, I'm begging you, share your modded beds.  Maxis beds, custom beds, I don't care.  I'm tired of using the same furniture in all my houses.  I already have the Maxis ones you posted on MTS2, but you see, I have 20-some houses with 2 or 3 BRs each, so I am constantly in need of MOAR functional beds.  Cry
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 28, 19:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's Hot Chocolate in a pinch, but hardly worth the effort.

Please Gwill, I'm begging you, share your modded beds.  Maxis beds, custom beds, I don't care.  I'm tired of using the same furniture in all my houses.  I already have the Maxis ones you posted on MTS2, but you see, I have 20-some houses with 2 or 3 BRs each, so I am constantly in need of MOAR functional beds.  Cry

I don't have very many custom beds at the moment, but I'll see if I can find them and zip them up somewhere.
Edit: This is all I have left: http://www.mediafire.com/?1tx21hwyhed  I must have deleted the rest before I had the confidence to fix stuff myself.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 28, 20:25:40 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 28, 20:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's only real use is for warming up visiting sims who can't use Inge's air conditioner!

Zephyr Zodiac
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 29, 06:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm mostly using pepper tonic, instead of coffe.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 30, 18:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I leave a serving tray of pepper punch out for skilling children or to top them up in the morning before school, but it's also useful for adults who have both hunger and energy in the red.  On casual observation, overfilling on juices doesn't seem to make sims fat.  I really wish macrotastics would utilise it in those crisis cases when sims are both hungry and tired.  After one dose of punch, I top them up on macro-caffeinate.

Thank you Gwill for zipping up those beds.  I will make good use of everything in there.  Kiss
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 30, 18:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Such things are fine for established families with nicely functioning greenhouses etc., not a lot of use for a CAS newbie living in a 1x1 terrace or loft!  For them it's chocolate, espresso or sleep!

Zephyr Zodiac
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 30, 18:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine if there is a shop selling produce in the neigbourhood.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 30, 18:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is still a new hood, first generation, with the only sims with good gardening skills just returning from Uni.  It's also intended to look Urban so too many market gardens would rather spoil the effect, and I'd need a lot of pepper producers to keep the supply chain going....maybe when I get my PC repaired and upgraded, I'll add another subhood which can be an outer suburb, and create some "The Good Life" type couples to live there.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: