More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 12:44:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Autonomous Flirts More Frequent in NL?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Autonomous Flirts More Frequent in NL?  (Read 21326 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Autonomous Flirts More Frequent in NL?
« on: 2006 February 08, 01:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have always wanted my sims to be autonomous with their flirting as I would rather that they pick their own lovers rather than me.

Seems my wish has come true.

I have started playing with alot more of my sims rather than just the same one and so what I thought was just a behaviour of my CAS sim is in fact happening to all my sims.

They are instigating kisses, romantic hugs etc on their own, and they are doing it alot.

But, when attached romantically to another sim, they won't flirt autonomously with anyone else - not that I have seen anyway.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it NL or some mystery hack that I have? Don't get me wrong, I think it rocks, but I am curious to see if anyone has the thing happening in their neighbourhoods.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Autonomous Flirts More Frequent in NL?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 08, 01:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a hack to me - my sims only flirt autonomously with their significant others as a rule (of course, if they have half a dozen significant others, then just hope that S.O. No.1 isn't around!)  So, even romance sims in my game need to be prodded into taking their friendships one stage further........

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 08, 01:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's always been that way: Unattached sims autonomously flirt with anything and everything that moves of compatible gender. However, pre-NL, sims were celibate because there wasn't a good way to set a gender preference without simultaneously locking them into a romance, whereas with NL, the "Check Out" interaction sets a preference without having any other effects.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 08, 01:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed some sims autonomously flirting with sims after I've had them "check them out."  Before NL, I did have one teen sim flirt with what was fortunately my intended for her, but I had edited her sexual preference already to be 1000 male and -1000 female.  Since NL, I wonder if having a sim "check out" another sim sets some kind of romance bit letting them know it's okay to be romantic with that sim, besides just their gender preference. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 08, 01:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, check out just sets +2/-1 preference. It doesn't actually set a specific target, and once you start checking out sims, your sim will begin flirting with everything in sight almost regardless of attraction level until they acquire a current romance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 08, 01:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am always using the "check sim out" command so yep, that is probably the thing that lets the flirt flood gates open. I suspected that this might be the case.

I had few autonomous flirts times prior to NL but they were about as frequent as non-hack twin births.

Even though my married and committed sims are still made to check other sims out, I have not seen one flirt yet on their own accord. Probably a good thing because it is happening so much with my non-committed sims that I have to watch them like hawk at parties etc in case they flirt with a really ugly townie! Heaven forbid!!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 08, 01:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I guess since "Check sim Out" is a flirt interaction, it kind of sets a precedent!  I actually hate using it, as my sims always jump half a sim mile when they do it!  I tend to use Scope Room instead.

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 08, 01:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if "Scope Room" does a similar thing to your sims preferences? Anyone know? I know that a positive "Check Sim Out" will often result in a want to "talk" to that sim but not sure if the same thing happens with "Scope Room".

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 08, 01:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't scope room if there is no gender preference. And game-born Sims don't have a preference. Ergo 'check out Sim' is the way to start the flirting process.

Scope room doesn't set or alter the preference at all.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 08, 01:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen some of my romance sims spin up wants to ask two or three different sims they were attracted to on a date after scoping the room.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 08, 01:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot about that. Thanks Jordi.

I don't play romance sims very often so can't confirm that I've seen it happen Rainbow.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 08, 01:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generally, I've found that they can Scope Room once they've flirted - any kind of flirt, doesn't have to be Check Sim Out - or kissed/hugged etc.   They don't have to be "born in game" for them to be unable to scope room as teens or YAs, simply grown up in game.  Also, changing their turn-ons etc. with the renew-yu-senso-orb seems to activate the ability too.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 08, 01:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although it's rare, they will flirt with other Sims when they're attached.  In my original Pleasantview, the former pre-made YA sorority member Tiffany Sampson was married to Keven Beare the former frat member and they had a 3-bolt relationship.  They also had a new baby.  She had a 1-bolt relationship with Jackson Ruben (also from the frat house), who was married to the former townie Andrea Something-or-Other (I think they had 2 bolts, but maybe 3) and they also had a new baby.  They began openly flirting with each other on a downtown lot when I wasn't controlling either of them and ended-up falling in love.  If they'd had a previous crush it would have made more sense, but I don't think they did.  I know Maxis set several up, but I don't think they had one.  Neither of them were Romance, either.  Jackson was Fortune as I recall and Tiffany was Family.  I didn't see who started it, but chances are it was Tiffany.  Those Family sim females can be extremely tarty at times.

And, of course, committed Romance Sims aren't in the least bit bothered about flirting with other sims.  Maybe not as often as when they're unattached, but they still do it regularly in my game.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 08, 02:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually find that committed romance sims actually are very reluctant to go further than day-dreaming - and that really what their wants are, after all!  As long as their relationship with their partner is in the upper 90's, they get regular woohoos etc., they are fine.  But I totally agree about some Family sims - Cassandra is a man-hungry sim-chaser!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 08, 02:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim:  Who is Jackson Ruben?  I don't remember seeing him at Uni.  Did you create him yourself?  I know there is a Joshua Ruben who starts out at the frat house, and his brother Martin is in the Bright house, but I don't remember a Jackson.  And Tiffany in my game is knowledge.  Did you change her aspiration?  Unless those things vary by game like the names of the dormies, but I thought those were always the same in every Sim State I've installed.

And ZZ, you know I disagree about Cassandra. Cheesy  I always play her as an extremely loyal family sim.  She kicked Don to the curb like any self-respecting woman would, and got her a man who could appreciate her for the wonderful sim woman she is!  Cheesy
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 08, 02:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah Ancient, I know the sims that you are talking. That uni "group" are the sims that I have probably played the most. I've said it a thousand times before and I'll say it again, Castor and Heather make yummy babies.

Is the Andrea that you refer to the downtownie Andrea Rossi? Blonde girl? She is about to move in with my favourite sim at the moment - Joshua Deville. Son of my all time fav CAS sim, Daniel. I'm not convinced about her though. I am very fussy about who he shacks up with.

I have downloaded "Emma" from Laverwinklersims - maybe she is the girl for my sim prodigy. I like the name anyway.

Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 08, 02:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know Rainbow, anyone who wears those pigtails at Cassandra's age is a loser in my book, regardless of aspiration. I find it hard to like her because of it, even after changing her hair.

Maybe its me with the problem!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 08, 02:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Cassandra is quite pretty after changing her hairstyle, getting rid of the glasses, and giving her some new makeup.  But then, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 08, 02:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I always give her a makeover, but she has betrayed every sim I've ever had her married to!  Plus she's almost caused other break-ups!

I always seem to get romance for Heather Huffington!  Maybe they "randomized" her?

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 08, 02:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree Rainbow. She scrubs up well. I just can't get past her first look. When I change her so radically, it seems like she isn't the true Cassandra anymore - a nerdy dork who marries her first.... well, you get the picture. Does that make sense? I often feel that way when I change a townie for example who has a specific look. Roxie Sharpe is the same. I changed her into a really pretty family sim and it felt wrong. Maybe I'm losing it and really need a break from this all consuming game! I'm giving it all too much thought!

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 08, 02:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. Cassandra is just as beautiful as her mother with a little makeover. I've married her to a sim I created and she's blissfully happy with twin sons and a lovely daughter. She may have a minor hissy fit someday when her precious daughter Lily marries Don & Nina's son Jared but that's a whole other story. Wink I like Cassandra to be happy, I feel like both she and her brother Alexander deserve a happy life.

I thought in game Uni sims were always the same. Heather has always started as a Romance sim when I reset the neighborhoods. But I've changed her to Family and she's happy too with a sim I made for her, married and a new baby son. In hindsight I wish I'd hooked her up with Castor Nova but too late now and I really don't want to break up two happy families. Maybe one of Castor's kids will end up marrying one of Heather's in my game.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 08, 02:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed, Cassie *can* look good.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 08, 03:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but then it's not Cassandra anymore. The dorky hair and the glasses *ARE* Cassandra. Changing that much about a sim essentially violates their character, homogenizing them for your vision of "beauty". It just is....wrong. It's not Cassandra anymore when you so casually violate the integrity of their character.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 08, 03:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, agreed. That's why most of my Sims stay with one most look their lives.
Only at aging do they get makeovers.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 08, 03:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So when I let a sim loose on the surgery machine and they don't wait for me to select the options, that's ok, but if I give Romeo a new, smaller nose instead of the whacking great hooter he develops when he goes to Uni, that's wrong?  Shame!  And he looks so much cuter!  

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: