More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 19:19:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Alien Face Replacements?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Alien Face Replacements?  (Read 7127 times)
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
Alien Face Replacements?
« on: 2006 June 19, 05:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember that someone, somewhere had made replacement aliens - not the skins, but the faces.  Anyone happen to know where these went?  I searched MTS2 and came up with nothing.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Alien Face Replacements?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 19, 05:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=71852&highlight=pollination+technician
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 19, 07:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the pollination tech from this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=31780&highlight=pollination

I almost always get attractive alien children. Scroll down to Motoki's post for an actual pic of the tech.

I think you can use sim surgery now to easily make your tech more attractive, but I'm not positive, I haven't tried it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 19, 08:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, people keep talking about "attractive" aliens, but frankly, I just don't get it. Maybe it's a psychology thing, but I simply find that I am unable to apply standards of attractiveness to aliens. I see them as fundamentally alien and can't really attach the "attractive" label to them as if they were merely green humans. They're ALIENS. They're not like normal-people.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 19, 08:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree JAM, but you still have to rest your eyes on them and *shudder* breed them and I for one prefer green humanlooking sims to hideous monstrosities. I've got enough of those with the Maxis made townies.... Roll Eyes

INTJ
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 19, 12:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll just have to grab a copy of Nailati's face template replacements once she is done and then you won't have any regular monstrosities  Tongue
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 19, 12:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll just have to grab a copy of Nailati's face template replacements once she is done and then you won't have any regular monstrosities  Tongue

Amen to that!

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 19, 12:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't mind the monstrosities if using the plastic surgery machine was linked to the dna, so that they wouldn't go on to breed ugly kids!  Ricky Cormier, for example, grows up with a nose that would put Concorde to shame, but get rid of that and give him a normal size nose and he's really quite attractive.  I just hope when he and Lucy have kids they take after Lucy!

Zephyr Zodiac
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 19, 15:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link, liegenschonheit!

Zephyr, there's a tutorial to make the changes genetic.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56241

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 19, 16:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Syera - I'll have a go at that when I play Ricky again!  (Not to mention Orlando - he was soooo UGLY till he had the surgery!)

Zephyr Zodiac
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 19, 20:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I regularly change the features of ugly townies and update their genetics in SIMpe. Even for the SIMpe-challenged, it is a rediculously easy fix, and it makes neighborhoods much more attractive in the long run.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 19, 20:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just curious...was there any solution to the one line rather than two issue?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 19, 23:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree JAM, but you still have to rest your eyes on them and *shudder* breed them and I for one prefer green humanlooking sims to hideous monstrosities. I've got enough of those with the Maxis made townies.... Roll Eyes
Hey, you gotta unload your uggos somewhere, may as well be unloading them in the direction of sims which are immune to ugliness anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 20, 04:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, you gotta unload your uggos somewhere, may as well be unloading them in the direction of sims which are immune to ugliness anyway.

Not all alien kids turn out ugly!  I think a lot depends upon which facial template the sim parent is made from.  And I do prefer my aliens to look like aliens, although I do occasionally adjust them a bit with the surgery table.  But a lot of Maxis-made sims need that kind of help anyway.

Zephyr Zodiac
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 20, 05:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing about the Default Alien Template, since Aliens have those huge eyes wouldn't the next generation spawn have those huge eyes too?  It would become a non-issue if they become a permanent townie or don't have children but I could see where a default template replacementcould help out in the long run.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 20, 05:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they necessarily inherit those eyes.  Try marrying your alien sim to a sim created with the elvish face, I had an alien marry one, and their daughter not only had the pale skintone but normal sized eyes and quite a large nose - it was her personality she got from her father!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 20, 05:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, again with the disappointment of dominant traits that are NOT DOMINANT ENOUGH

I want my third generation alien offspring to be green, dammit! And to take over the neighborhood!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 20, 05:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Greenness obviously isn't THAT dominant!  If one parent has two genes for the same shade of normal skin, and the other has one green and one normal, chances are pretty good that many offspring of the couple will have normal skin and not carry the green gene into the next generation at all.

Zephyr Zodiac
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 20, 22:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, again with the disappointment of dominant traits that are NOT DOMINANT ENOUGH

I want my third generation alien offspring to be green, dammit! And to take over the neighborhood!
I s'pose you could always make custom green-skinned Sims for your neighborhood and get them and/or their children into politics...

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 21, 02:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but my original plan to have them take over the neighborhood by simply out-spawning all the normal sims was foiled!

That, and the fact that all of the alien offspring were related.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 21, 06:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe you can download a PT with different DNA so you can then have some of your alien kids marry other alien kids (but they'd still only have kids who were 50% alien!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: